LUGO student assistant (0.2 fte)
Do you want Leiden University to be more sustainable? Do you want to motivate your fellow students and staff to be more sustainable? Leiden University Green Office (LUGO) is looking for new members! LUGO is the platform where students and staff design and implement sustainable ideas and inspiring activities together, with the aim of making the university more sustainable.
The LUGO team consists of 6 enthusiastic students. LUGO is part of the sustainability team at the Strategy and Academic Affairs (SAZ), Executive Office and is supported by a policy advisor sustainability at SAZ. LUGO also regularly meets with an Advisory Board who provides feedback on the progress LUGO makes.
What will you do?
As a LUGO member, alongside the other student assistants and an enthusiastic group of volunteers, your responsibilities will include:
- Creating a community of sustainable students and staff where people can share their ideas and concerns about sustainability.
- Organising and promoting events that inform, inspire and enthuse students and staff. For example, through symposia on sustainability, workshops for students or a clothing swap.
- Driving and implementing projects that make the university more sustainable or greener.
- Communicating about sustainability efforts of LUGO and the university through various channels.
- Building and maintaining networks on sustainability within and outside of the university to encourage collaborations and knowledge exchange.
- Managing the faculty Green Teams: a network of student representatives per faculty who think along about opportunities for more sustainability within the faculty. Together, you think up feasible and impactful projects to make the faculties and university more sustainable.
- You contribute to making our sustainable curriculum more visible. This includes organising an annual sustainability symposium that allows students to present their research on sustainable development through posters and presentations.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a student at Leiden University.
- You are available for 8 hours per work, hours are flexible.
- You speak English well; Dutch is an advantage.
- You have some experience or an interest in social media/communication.
- You work well in a team.
- You have a passion for sustainability.
What do we offer?
A contract of 0.2 FTE (8 hours per week) from 1 September 2023 for half a year with the prospect of extension for another six months. You will receive the salary in accordance with the rates applicable within the university for student assistants. Appointment will take place through Job motion. The LUGO office, located at Rapenburg 38 (Leiden), is available for you and the team. LUGO's working hours are flexible.
Diversity and inclusion
Promoting an inclusive community is central to Leiden University's values and vision. Diversity in experiences and perspectives enriches and strengthens our teaching and research. We strive to become an inclusive community that enables all students and staff to feel valued, respected and develop their full potential.
For more information about this position, please contact James van Veen, Sustainability Policy Advisor. You can do so by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (06) 34556902
You can apply online via the 'Apply' button in our application system. Your cover letter and CV can be submitted until 6th June 2023. Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date. Interviews will take place in English or Dutch, depending on your preference.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
Network Coordinator For The Leiden Research Support Network, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Terms and conditions We offer A challenging and inspiring international work environment with ample opportunities for personal and professional development; An appointment in accordance with the C...
Programme Officer, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
What do you get from us? A responsible position, in which all your skills are called upon and with plenty of room for your initiative and useful ideas. We offer you the opportunity to make your ow...
Promovendus, Leiden University, Netherlands, 19 days ago
14 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Leiden University Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 14 Jan 20...
Ph D Simulation Model For Improved Cavitation Inception Control, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 8 days ago
The primary objective of the NWO-sponsored CISCON program is to gain a better understanding of the effect of operational conditions on the cavitation inception performance of propellers. The parti...
Senior Lead Una Europa, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Universiteit Leiden Leiden University comprises seven faculties, each overseen by a Faculty Board chaired by a dean. The overall management falls under the purview of the Executive Board, ensuring...
Postdoc Positions In Nations/Sectors’ Environmental Footprinting And Planetary Limits For Environmental Sustainability Dtu Sustain, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 11 days ago
Do you want to build a career in developing science-based solutions for addressing society’s grand environmental sustainability challenges? Do you want to work with international front-runners in ...