Leiden Learning & Innovation Centre is looking for a:
Legal and Technology Assistant (0,4 FTE)
The Legal and Technology Assistant will support the Legal and Technology Counsel at the Leiden Learning and Innovation Centre (LLInC), Leiden University. They will work together and join negotiations with various stakeholders at Leiden University, connected partners and third parties. Along with an innovative interdisciplinary team, the Legal and Technology Assistant will address relevant legal issues in the fields of intellectual property, privacy, data protection, IT, and other legal matters involving digital technologies. This position bridges research and legal practices and requires the candidate to be comfortable in both fields.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts ranging from IP, IT, data protection, terms and conditions, service contracts and contract templates;
- Supporting the Data Responsibility team in the update and monitoring and implementing data IT and protection policies;
- Researching about disruptive technologies’ legal issues, such as AI in Education, eXtended Reality (XR), machine learning (ML), etc;
- Pro-actively enhancing legal awareness, including on topics such as regulatory compliance, IP, IT, privacy and security compliance.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English;
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in law, preferably in the areas of IP and technology;
- Preferable some relevant experience, either as in-house legal counsel or within a law firm on the fields of IP, IT and or data protection;
- Team player and collaborative thinker that can work well with multiple stakeholders but you’re also comfortable working independently;
- Familiarity with trends in digital innovation and how they may impact Leiden University in the future;
- Ability to prioritise work when facing tight deadlines;
- Able to attend meetings in person in Leiden and The Hague, including during the summer months.
What’s in it for you?
- Be a part of an enthusiastic and collaborative team of doers who deeply care about their work;
- Build valuable hands on expertise in the higher education and innovation sector;
- Possibility to expand your responsibilities based on your skill set;
In January 2023, the Centre for Innovation (CFI) and the Higher Education department of ICLON merged into the Leiden Learning & Innovation Centre (LLInC). At LLInC, we use our talents and enthusiasm to support first-class education at Leiden University. Our multidisciplinary team of 50 professionals work closely with university lecturers on tools and techniques that make learning attractive, innovative, accessible, and inclusive. Our way of working is collaborative and creative. We are not afraid to experiment and take risks, and we prioritise solutions that have a positive impact on people and our world.
The employment contract is in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities for a period of one year. Depending if you are a bachelor or master student the salary will be €2.402 (second- or third-year BA student) or €2.611 (MA student) gross per month for a full-time appointment. It concerns a role for 16 hours per week for a period of 6 months. An extension is possible, depending on need, proven suitability and available resources.
LLInC has office space in The Hague and Leiden, but it is also allowed to partly work from home.
In addition, Leiden University has good employment conditions. For example, there is an end-of-year bonus (8.3%), holiday allowance (8%), excellent training facilities, paid parental leave and the option to choose tailor-made employment conditions via a selection model. You can find all information about this at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions
Fostering an inclusive community is a central element of the values and vision of Leiden University. Leiden University is committed to becoming an inclusive community which enables all students and staff to feel valued and respected and to develop their full potential. Diversity in experiences and perspectives enriches our teaching and strengthens our research. High quality teaching and research is inclusive.
Information about the vacancy can be obtained from Marco Correa - email@example.com .
You can apply online via the “Apply” button. Applications bearing the vacancy number and accompanied by a cover letter and CV can be addressed to Marco Correa - firstname.lastname@example.org until 9 april 2023. Only students from Leiden University will be considered for this position.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
University Lectureship In Korean Studies (1,0 Fte), AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 14 days ago
University Lectureship in Korean Studies (1,0 fte) University Lectureship in Korean Studies (1,0 fte) Published Deadline Location today 11 Jun Leiden Faculty of Humanities, Leiden Institute for Ar...
Assistant Professor Of Clinical Psychology, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology Published Deadline Location today 16 Jun Leiden Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) A p...
Assistant Professor Of Law & Society, Leiden University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
23 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Leiden University Research Field Juridical sciences Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country Netherlands Appl...
Assistant Professor Second Language Acquisition (0,8 1,0 Fte) Starting September 2023, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 27 days ago
Assistant Professor Second Language Acquisition (0,8-1,0 FTE) starting September 2023 Assistant Professor Second Language Acquisition (0,8-1,0 FTE) starting September 2023 Published Deadline Locat...
Tutor For The Bachelor Security Studies, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 14 days ago
Tutor for the Bachelor Security Studies Tutor for the Bachelor Security Studies Published Deadline Location today 30 May Leiden The Institute of Security and Global Affairs (ISGA) of the Faculty o...
Assistant Professor Of Clinical Psychology, Leiden University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
23 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Leiden University Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country Netherlands Applic...