The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has been our top priority for over four hundred years, and with success: the university is currently in the top 100 of several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) offers education and research in a wide range of disciplines, from traditional scientific disciplines such as physics and biology to interdisciplinary disciplines such as artificial intelligence and industrial engineering and management. The Undergraduate School and Graduate School of the Faculty offer respectively 13 Bachelor degree programmes and 26 Master degree programmes to approximately 6000 students. The Faculty’s staff and students come from all over the world and nearly all its degree programmes are in English.
The Undergraduate School of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a teaching position in the Bachelor and Master degree programmes in Chemical Engineering.
At the moment, we envision that you will give full courses in Polymer Science and Product Technology (at Bachelor level), as well as other ones at the Master level as, for example, Advanced Product Engineering.
As a Lecturer, your main duties will be:
• teaching (part of) different course units, particularly those related to product technology and polymer science; a full list of courses of the Chemical Engineering programme can be found here: https://www.rug.nl/ocasys/
• supervise BSc and MSc research projects (provided you hold a PhD).
To be eligible for this position, you need to have:
• a PhD degree, preferably in chemical engineering and/or (physical) chemistry in connection with polymeric materials
• experience with structure-property relationships of polymeric materials
• experience in teaching at University level (at least as Teaching Assistant)
• experience with various types of academic teaching and learning approaches is an asset; for example, this includes different teaching methods such as lectures, tutorials, problem-based learning
• proficiency in English at the C2 level; knowledge of Dutch or the willingness to learn it at a working level would be an asset
• competences: cross-cultural sensitivity and strong communication skills
• a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or the willingness to obtain this within a year
• experience at industrial level in polymeric products design and development is a strong asset.
Conditions of employment
In accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, we offer you:
• a salary with a minimum of € 3,746 up to a maximum of € 5,127 gross per month (salary scale 11) for a full-time position
• in addition to the salary: 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus
• an appointment of 1.0 FTE for one year; in case of a positive evaluation during the Result and Development Interview, an extension for additional two years will be offered.
The preferred starting date is no later than 1 December 2020
For information you can contact:
Prof. F. (Francesco) Picchioni, +31 50 36 34333. email@example.com
(please do not use the email addresses above for applications)Further conditions of employment
Assistant Professor, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland, 6 days ago
PhD in the field of Technical Sciences (currently Engineering and Technical Sciences) / Chemical Sciences (now the exact and natural sciences), in the discipline of Material Engineering / Chemical...
Professor Of Polymerization Processes And Green Polymers, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 11 hours ago
We seek a candidate with expertise in different polymerization techniques and polymer recycling (green polymers). Investigating energy efficient polymerization techniques and the recyclability of ...
Professor Of Conjugated Polymers Synthesis, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 11 hours ago
We seek a candidate with expertise in polymer synthesis and polymer characterization. The emphasis will be on conjugated polymers for conduction and electron transfer. New polymerization technique...
Assistant (15486) Department Of Materials, Textiles And Chemical Engineering, Ghent University, Belgium, 20 days ago
→ Apply until 13/10/2020 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Engineering and Architecture → Department EA11 - Department of Materials, Textiles and Chemical Engineering → AAP temporary appo...
Education Development Officer/Teacher Support Officer, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Position Non academic staff (supporting staff) Department(s) Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Service(s) Education and Student Service Center Reference number V37.4663 Job descript...
"Regional Climate Modeling" Earth Science & Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 11 hours ago
We seek a candidate who will develop a competitive research program on high-resolution coupled ocean-atmosphere regional modeling of the Middle East Climate with a focus on effects of dust on radi...