We are looking for
Are you an enthusiastic lecturer with a broad interest in different areas of law? Are you ambitious and willing to build a career in University education and research?
Then we are looking for you!
- contribute to our strongly internationally-oriented teaching programme.
- oversee and/or teach some of the law courses offered in Dutch, specifically:
- teach parts of the Bachelor and Masters courses the law group offers in food law in English.
- supervise and mark students’ papers and exams related to courses taught.
- supervise student theses and internships.
- assist in building and sharing digital learning environments for law courses via Blackboard.
• A Masters or PhD in the area of law.
• An affinity with, and proven experience in, legal research commensurate with years of experience.
• A passion for education and enthusiasm for lecturing and supervising international students.
• A demonstrated ability to organise and execute multiple (educational) tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, both with students and academic staff.
• Fluency in Dutch and English.
• A strong teammate
We offer you a creative and inspiring working environment with passionate colleagues working in an interdisciplinary and international environment. The post is for 1 year initially, with the possibility of extension upon positive evaluation. Wageningen University is a global leader in higher education and research and has good and flexible employment conditions, including personal development and training opportunities.
The position is full time, based on a 38-hour working week. You also have the opportunity to work 40 hours a week with additional holidays. The salary will depend on qualifications and experience, and range from € 2.588,- to € 4.084 (gross) based on 38 hours, in accordance with, the Collective Labour Agreement of Wageningen University.
Diversity across every parameter is valued highly in our group and we actively support underrepresented groups in academia to consider applying for this position. If you have any concerns as to whether your qualifications for this position match the requirements (for example because of time away from the market place due to personal issues, parental leave or due to a non-traditional training), please don't hesitate to contact Dr. Bernaz (details below).
IN ADDITION WE OFFER
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% fixed-year allowance.
- Excellent training opportunities and secondary working conditions.
- An excellent pension scheme via ABP.
- 232 holiday hours, the ability to purchase and good supplementary leave arrangements and an individualized model to compose part of your working conditions and a bicycle plan.
- Sports facilities available on campus which can be used against a small fee.
- We stimulate internal growth opportunities and mobility with an active and internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for taking initiative in a creative learning environment.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr Nadia Bernaz, interim manager of the law group; telephone number: +31 (0)317 481 690; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? Do not email Dr Bernaz directly. We are looking forward to receiving your letter of motivation, your CV, and a writing sample via our online application button.
Interviews with selected applicants are scheduled for 27 June 2019. You will be asked for a brief teaching presentation (15 minutes), followed by a 30-minute interview.
The Law Group in the Department of Social Sciences at Wageningen University has an internationally recognized reputation in the area of food law, environmental law, EU law, trade law and human rights. Research of the group has a strong international orientation. The staff profile of the group is international, including (at the moment) five nationalities. For further details see https://www.wur.nl/en/Expertise-Services/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/Law-and-Governance-Group.htm
The mission of our University is “to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment. With approximately 30 locations, 6,500 employees, and 10,000 students, it is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of our approach.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Lecturer In Private Law Faculty Of Law (1,0 Fte, Short Term), Maastricht University, Netherlands, 18 days ago
Lecturer in Private Law - Faculty of Law (1,0 fte, short-term) Lecturer in Private Law - Faculty of Law (1,0 fte, short-term) Published Deadline Location 25 Jun 14 Jul Maastricht The Faculty of La...
Lecturers In Law (Several Posts Available), University of Bristol, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Location: Bristol, UK The University of Bristol Law School is a leading UK law school with an international reputation for outstanding teaching and research. Ranked 5th on research intensity in RE...
Tenure Track Assistant / Associate Professor In Bioinformatics Or Computational Biology, Wageningen UR (University & Research Centre), Netherlands, 18 days ago
h3. *Tenure track assistant/associate professor in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology* *We are looking for* Are you an independent researcher in bioinformatics, turning your enthusiasm and cr...
Tenure Track Position In Soft Biological Systems, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 25 days ago
We offer you a challenging and meaningful career trajectory called Tenure Track within the Experimental Zoology Group. This challenging career path starts at the level of assistant professor, from...
Assistant Professor In Data Science For Law, Maastricht University, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
Assistant professor in Data Science for Law Assistant professor in Data Science for Law Published Deadline Location yesterday 29 Sep Maastricht We invite applications for a joint position at the “...
Assistant Professor In Intellectual Property Law, Central European University, Hungary, about 19 hours ago
Position: Faculty Status: Full-time Unit: Department of Legal Studies E-mail: email@example.com Application deadline date: September 15, 2019 Starting date : August 1, 2020 Starting date: August 2...