We are looking for
Are you an enthusiastic lecturer with a broad interest in different areas of law? Are you ambitious and willing to build a career in University education and research?
Then we are looking for you!
- contribute to our strongly internationally-oriented teaching programme.
- oversee and/or teach some of the law courses offered in Dutch, specifically:
- teach parts of the Bachelor and Masters courses the law group offers in food law in English.
- supervise and mark students’ papers and exams related to courses taught.
- supervise student theses and internships.
- assist in building and sharing digital learning environments for law courses via Blackboard.
• A Masters or PhD in the area of law.
• An affinity with, and proven experience in, legal research commensurate with years of experience.
• A passion for education and enthusiasm for lecturing and supervising international students.
• A demonstrated ability to organise and execute multiple (educational) tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, both with students and academic staff.
• Fluency in Dutch and English.
• A strong teammate
We offer you a creative and inspiring working environment with passionate colleagues working in an interdisciplinary and international environment. The post is for 1 year initially, with the possibility of extension upon positive evaluation. Wageningen University is a global leader in higher education and research and has good and flexible employment conditions, including personal development and training opportunities.
The position is full time, based on a 38-hour working week. You also have the opportunity to work 40 hours a week with additional holidays. The salary will depend on qualifications and experience, and range from € 2.588,- to € 4.084 (gross) based on 38 hours, in accordance with, the Collective Labour Agreement of Wageningen University.
Diversity across every parameter is valued highly in our group and we actively support underrepresented groups in academia to consider applying for this position. If you have any concerns as to whether your qualifications for this position match the requirements (for example because of time away from the market place due to personal issues, parental leave or due to a non-traditional training), please don't hesitate to contact Dr. Bernaz (details below).
IN ADDITION WE OFFER
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% fixed-year allowance.
- Excellent training opportunities and secondary working conditions.
- An excellent pension scheme via ABP.
- 232 holiday hours, the ability to purchase and good supplementary leave arrangements and an individualized model to compose part of your working conditions and a bicycle plan.
- Sports facilities available on campus which can be used against a small fee.
- We stimulate internal growth opportunities and mobility with an active and internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for taking initiative in a creative learning environment.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr Nadia Bernaz, interim manager of the law group; telephone number: +31 (0)317 481 690; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? Do not email Dr Bernaz directly. We are looking forward to receiving your letter of motivation, your CV, and a writing sample via our online application button.
Interviews with selected applicants are scheduled for 27 June 2019. You will be asked for a brief teaching presentation (15 minutes), followed by a 30-minute interview.
The Law Group in the Department of Social Sciences at Wageningen University has an internationally recognized reputation in the area of food law, environmental law, EU law, trade law and human rights. Research of the group has a strong international orientation. The staff profile of the group is international, including (at the moment) five nationalities. For further details see https://www.wur.nl/en/Expertise-Services/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/Law-and-Governance-Group.htm
The mission of our University is “to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment. With approximately 30 locations, 6,500 employees, and 10,000 students, it is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of our approach.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Assistant Professor Public International Law (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Assistant Professor Public International Law (1.0 FTE) Functie As an Assistant Professor Public International Law you will be responsible for teaching in the Law School’s Department of Internation...
Assistant Professor Public International Law (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 5 days ago
As an Assistant Professor Public International Law you will be responsible for teaching in the Law School’s Department of International and European Law . You will be involved in courses relating ...
Student Assistent Research Project On Law And Behaviour, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
In May 2019, a five year research project has been launched, entitled ‘Homo Juridicus, Correcting Law’s Behavioral Illiteracy’. The research project is directed by Benjamin van Rooij, professor in...
Professor And Chair To Lead The Health & Society Group (Hso) (0.8 1.0 Fte), Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 5 days ago
You will be working for an international oriented organisation with research projects all over the world. We offer you a challenging position as full professor and chair of Health & Society. In ad...
Assistant (12823) Interdisciplinary Study Of Law, Private Law And Business Law, Ghent University, Belgium, 6 days ago
→ Apply until 26/11/2019 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Law and Criminology → Department RE21 - Interdisciplinary Study of Law, Private Law and Business Law → AAP temporary appointment...
Junior Researcher Action Oriented Research For Low Input Crop Diversification, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Benefits A challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 2.709 to a maximum of € 4.274 for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with th...