The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has been our top priority for over four hundred years, and with success: the university is currently in the top 100 of several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) offers education and research in a wide range of disciplines, from traditional scientific disciplines such as physics and biology to interdisciplinary disciplines such as artificial intelligence and industrial engineering and management. The School of Science and Engineering offers respectively 13 Bachelor degree programmes and 26 Master degree programmes to approximately 6.000 students. The Faculty’s staff and students come from all over the world and nearly all its degree programmes are in English.
The School of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for teaching positions in the Bachelor and Master degree programmes in Chemical Engineering and the Master programme Mechanical Engineering.
At the moment we envision that you will give full courses in topics such as General Process Equipment, Separation Processes and Process Control & Dynamics (at Bachelor level) as well as other ones at the Master level as, for example, Advanced Reactor Technologies.
As a Lecturer your main duties will be:
• teaching (part of) different course units, particularly those related to (chemical) process engineering; a full list of courses of the Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering programmes can be found here: https://www.rug.nl/ocasys/
• supervise BSc and MSc research projects (provided you hold a PhD).
To be eligible for this position, you need:
• a PhD degree, preferably in chemical and/or mechanical engineering or closely related disciplines
• experience with chemical process engineering
• experience in teaching at University level (at least as Teaching Assistant)
• experience with various types of academic teaching and learning approaches is an asset; for example, this includes different teaching methods such as lectures, tutorials, problem-based learning
• proficiency in English at the C2 level; knowledge of Dutch or the willingness to learn it at a working level would be an asset
• competences: cross-cultural sensitivity and strong communication skills
• a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or the willingness to obtain this within a year
• experience in the chemical industry is an asset.
Conditions of employment
In accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, we offer you:
• a salary with a minimum of € 2,790 (salary scale 10) up to a maximum of € 5,127 gross per month (salary scale 11 when having a BKO) for a full-time position
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus
• an appointment of 1.0 FTE for one year; in case of a positive evaluation during the Result and Development Interview, an extension for additional two years will be offered.
Are you curious about our further conditions of employment? You can find them here: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/
The preferred starting date is no later than 1 January 2021
For information you can contact:
Prof. P.P. Pescarmona, Deputy Director Master programme in chemical engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
(please do not use the email addresses above for applications)
Professor Of Surface Science, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Location King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia Description We seek a candidate with a strong background in chemical engineering with a focus on fundamental scien...
Assistant Professor, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland, 17 days ago
PhD in the field of Technical Sciences (currently Engineering and Technical Sciences) / Chemical Sciences (now the exact and natural sciences), in the discipline of Material Engineering / Chemical...
Professor Of Process Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Location King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia Description We seek a candidate with a strong background in chemical process engineering with a focus on the advan...
Faculty Positions Of Chemical Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Title Faculty Positions of Chemical Engineering National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan Department / College The Department of Chemical Engineering Contract Type Full Time Posted / End of date Now/...
Professor Of Computational Physical Chemistry, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Location King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia Description We seek a candidate with expertise in the discovery of novel catalysts and porous materials using deep...
Education Development Officer/Teacher Support Officer, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Position Non academic staff (supporting staff) Department(s) Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Service(s) Education and Student Service Center Reference number V37.4663 Job descript...