- Employment: 1.0 FTE
- Maximum gross monthly salary: € 4,402
- Faculty of Arts
- Required background: Research University Degree
- Duration of the contract: 1 April 2021 - 1 January 2024
- Application deadline: 14 February 2021
We are looking for
You will work on a new and challenging application-oriented project with significant societal impact:
SignON is a user-centric and community-driven project that aims to facilitate the exchange of information among deaf, hard-of-hearing and hearing individuals across Europe targeting the Irish, British, Dutch, Flemish and Spanish sign languages and English, Irish, Dutch and Spanish oral languages. The SignON communication service will be more than an advanced machine translation system. Behind the scenes, SignON will incorporate sophisticated machine learning capabilities that will allow (i) learning new Sign and oral languages; (ii) style-, domain- and user-adaptation and (iii) automatic error correction, based on user feedback. To the user, SignON will deliver signed conversations via a life-like avatar built with the latest graphics technologies. The Centre for Language and Speech Technology (CLST) at Radboud University will be in charge of the automatic speech recognition component of the system.
- A Master's degree in engineering, computer science, machine learning, signal processing, computational linguistics, or other relevant discipline.
- Experience with automatic speech recognition and spoken dialogue systems.
- Ample experience with the Kaldi/Tensorflow/PyTorch speech recognition environment, language models, acoustic models, scoring and rescoring.
- Fluent command of the Python scripting language.
- Experience with Unix work environments.
- Team player.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Preferably a good command of Dutch.
The Faculty of Arts consists of ten departments in the areas of Language and Culture, History, History of arts, Linguistics, and Communication and Information Studies, which together cater for about 2,400 students and collaborate closely in teaching and research.
Research at the Faculty of Arts is embedded in two research institutes: the Radboud Institute for Culture & History and the Centre for Language Studies (CLS). You will be hosted at the Centre for Language and Speech Technology (CLST), which is part of CLS.
You will work in a team-driven environment. We like to collaborate, exchange information about achievements, challenges and drawbacks in our projects, and learn from each other where we can.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 22,000 students and 5,000 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- Employment: 1.0 FTE.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,402 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10 ).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 1 April 2021 - 1 January 2024.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions . They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Would you like more information?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Henk van den Heuvel, director CLST
Please address your application to Henk van den Heuvel and submit it, using the application button, no later than 14 February 2021, 23:59 Amsterdam Time Zone.
Your application should include the following attachments:
The first round of interviews will be held in the last week of February 2021.
We drafted this vacancy to find and hire our new colleague ourselves. Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from responding.
Assistant Teaching Professor: Academic Coordinator Of Clinical Education , University of Alberta, Canada, 1 day ago
The Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Alberta invites applications for the position of Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education (ACCE), in the Department of Communication S...
Plurilingualism As A Resource: A Study On Repertoires And Linguistic Uses, University of Udine, Italy, 2 days ago
Public selection for University fixed-term researcher pursuant to art. 24 clause 3 letter b) of Italian Law n. 240 of 30.12.2010 Duration of contract: 3 years Annual gross remuneration € 42.879,60...
Marie Skłodowska Curie Early Stage Researcher (M/F/D) In Acoustical Signal Processing, University of Oldenburg, Germany, 15 days ago
The Signal Processing Group (https://uol.de/en/mediphysics-acoustics/sigproc ) of the Department of Medical Physics and Acoustics at the University of Oldenburg, Germany, is seeking to fill the po...
Faculty Position, Specializing In Language And Communication Disorders (Uoc Faculty Of Psychology..., Fundació per a la Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain, about 1 month ago
What we are looking for: ● Ideally, an undergraduate degree in speech and language therapy, a primary school teaching qualification, and a doctoral degree in language and communication disorders (...
Assistent, Institute of agriculture and tourism, Croatia, 20 days ago
Additional criteria: participation in scientific research and research projects, published scientific papers, participation in scientific conferences in the scientific field of biotechnical scienc...
Project Engineer, Universidade de Vigo, Spain, 10 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...