Non academic staff (supporting staff)
Irène Curie Fellowship
Education and Student Affairs
Does the idea of a job where you have direct contact with international students, plenty of independence, and the chance to optimize processes inspire you? Are you accurate and precise, and a good listener who can quickly filter essential information? And is your level of English and Dutch at least B2? Then you are the Internationalization Officer that the International Office is looking for. This position is part of the International Office of the Education and Student Affairs service (ESA), the central services for teaching staff, and current and prospective students at Eindhoven University of Technology.
In the International context of the TU/e, the amount of incoming and outgoing students is growing, and we are therefore looking for colleagues to expand our team. As Internationalization Officer you are the point of contact in one of the TU/e departments (faculties) for students and colleagues. Internationalization officers have two main focus areas: International experience and admission. International experience concerns exchange programs between TU/e and other international institutions whilst admissions involves processing students wishing to embark on a full-time TU/e study program.
The focus here is on TU/e students who wish to spend part of their degree program at a foreign educational institute, and international students who wish to come to the TU/e from a foreign educational institute to study, carry out an internship or conduct a research project. You can read more about this here .
- Organization and coordination of exchange for incoming and outgoing students.
- Providing students with information about studying at the TU/e or abroad and supporting them (via the website, the education guide, email, phone, information sessions, etc.);
- Maintaining contact and preparing written agreements with partner universities;
- Administration of the necessary documentation for exchange (Learning Agreements, lists of grades, etc.);
- Improving departmental and TU/e processes for International Experience;
- Providing management data about International Experience.
The focus here is on students who would like to take a full degree program at the TU/e, but whose admissibility (level of previous education) first has to be assessed. You can read more about this here .
- Secretary of the Departmental Admissions Board (DAB) where applications for Master’s programs (from students with international and Dutch prior education) are assessed and processed.
- Coordination and monitoring of the admission process in Osiris;
- Enabling DAB members to assess students’ prior education and advising DAB members about the process in Osiris;
- Communication with potential students (via the website, education guide, email, phone, etc.);
- Improving departmental and TU/e processes for Admissions;
- Providing management data about Admissions.
- Taking part in projects to improve TU/e-wide International Office processes;
- Supporting colleagues in other departments during peak periods or when they are short-staffed due to absence;
- Other activities associated with the Center for Student Administration (CSA).
We are looking for a colleague who:
- has proven intellectual and professional ability at higher professional education level (HBO);
- has proven experience in the field of Internationalisation in higher education or business setting;
- has proven knowledge and experience of automated administrative processes. Experience with OSIRIS and/or Mobility Online is an advantage.
- has good communication skills, and excellent speaking and writing skills in both Dutch and English (English and Dutch at least at B2 level and prepared to increase that level to C1);
- is customer-focused and able to quickly capture the essence of an issue;
- can easily switch between working independently and teamwork in an international setting;
- is experienced in (or has affinity for) working with different cultures;
- can cope well with peak periods and strict deadlines;
- has affinity or experience with student life.
Conditions of employment
We are offering:
- A part-time job (0.8 FTE)
- The equivalent of a gross monthly salary for a full-time position, depending on education and experience, ranging from €2,818 to €3,764 (scale 8 in the Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Dutch Universities);
- A pleasant, stimulating, and challenging working environment in which English is the working language.
- In addition, you are entitled to excellent employee benefits, including an ABP pension, 41 days’ annual leave for a 40-hour working week, a fixed 13th month’s salary (8.3%) and a wide range of sports facilities;
- The contract of employment is initially for one year, with the intention of extending it or making it a permanent appointment, conditional on good performance and unchanged economic circumstances.
An appointment via EUFLEX (TU/e secondment agency) may be an option depending on your résumé and work experience.
Information and application
The Education and Student Affairs service (ESA) is the central service point for teaching staff, students, and prospective students at Eindhoven University of Technology and provides a range of services relating to educational support, educational logistics, study skills, career guidance, use of IT resources in education, professional skills and language teaching. ESA also supports the Executive Board, the Deans of the Bachelor College and the Graduate School, and the departments (faculties) on matters relating to education policy, legislation and regulations, quality assurance, education and institution accreditation, educational innovation and internationalization.
The Center for Student Administration (CSA) is where all administrative processes for teaching at the TU/e are carried out.
The International Office is part of the CSA and is responsible for the day to day processes and procedures for International Experience and Admissions.
Further details about the content of this position can be obtained by contacting Sarah van den Nieuwenhof, s.v.d.nieuwenhof[at]tue.nl tel. +31 (0)40 2474298.
For information about the application procedure and terms of employment, please contact HR services, hrservices.supportunits[at]tue.nl.
How to apply
If you are interested in this job vacancy, upload your résumé and covering letter using the "Solliciteer nu/apply now" button.
Please write your covering letter in English. Your résumé may be in English or Dutch.
The latest date for applying for this position is Sunday, February 19, 2023.
The first round of interviews will take place Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
This job vacancy will be advertized both internally and externally.
Software Engineer Or Post Doc For Quantum Safe Communications Systems – Qci Ned, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 3 days ago
About TU/e, EHCI, QT/e and Quantum Delta NL Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is a leading international university specializing in engineering, science & technology. Through excellent res...
Onderwijs Coördinator (0,8 – 1,0 Fte), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 19 days ago
About TU/e TU/e is a leading international university that educates engineers of the future and pushes the boundaries of science and technology for a better world. An international community of cl...
Business Engagement & Research Development Manager At Icms, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 2 days ago
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is one of Europe's top technological universities, situated at the heart of a most innovative high-tech region Brainport. Thanks to a wealth of collaborat...
Program Manager Eaisi Health, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 3 days ago
Work environment Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is one of Europe's top technological universities, situated at the heart of a most innovative high-tech region. Thanks to a wealth of col...
Network & Operations Engineer Or Post Doc For Quantum Safe Comm. Systems – Qci Ned, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 11 days ago
Network & Operations Engineer or PostDoc for Quantum Safe Comm. Systems – QCINed Network & Operations Engineer or PostDoc for Quantum Safe Comm. Systems – QCINed Published Deadline Location today ...
Research Engineer In Mechanobiology, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 19 days ago
Research Engineer in Mechanobiology Research Engineer in Mechanobiology Published Deadline Location yesterday 31 Mar Eindhoven Are you passionate about high quality research and eager to join a bi...