Internship Opportunity in the Directorate of Internal Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
Intern in the ESA Estates & Facilities Management Department
ESAC, Villanueva de la Cañada, Spain
Our team and mission
Under the direct authority of the Director of Internal Services, the Head of the ESA Estates & Facilities Management (EFM) Department is responsible for the management, operation and development of ESA corporate and site related administrative and technical infrastructure, the provision of specialist support to Heads of Establishment and Centres and the management of contracted FM services. In particular, the Head of Department is responsible for:
- overall Estates and Facilities Management and development of ESA Establishments and Centres in accordance with evolving ESA requirements, budgetary availability and in consultation with the respective Heads of Establishments and Centres;
- the planning, management and execution of related cost plans; − the management of ESA corporate and, if required, program-dedicated infrastructure requirements, including contribution to and oversight of a long-term plan responding to defined Agency needs and the identification and promotion of best practices in the provision of technical facilities and office accommodation;
- the provision of related specialist advice and services to Heads of Establishments to ensure compliance with applicable legislation and ESA policies within domains, including physical security, health and safety management (in liaison with HIF-H), fire prevention, environmental management, sustainability, crisis management and business continuity;
- the management of EFM service contracts that ensure agreed levels of site maintenance, physical security, fire and rescue coverage, catering, cleaning, landscaping, and EFM general services and business travel.
You are encouraged to visit the ESA website: www.esa.int/ESA
Field(s) of activity/research for the traineeship
Topic: BIM (Building Information Management)
The EFM Service at ESAC has developed a new method for the construction and follow up management of the ESA infrastructure. This Building Information Modelling / Management (BIM) methodology is based on the creation of three-dimensional object-based building models that contain all the information needed for the construction and the consequent Life Cycle Management of the asset.
The aim of the present Trainee Project is to further evolve the work performed in the courses of previous young graduate trainee projects, during which complete models of buildings were created.
It is moreover our aim to extend this work to new construction, major refurbishments and additional buildings at ESAC.
You must be enrolled at university for the entire duration of the internship. You should preferably be in your final or second to last year of a University course at master's level in a technical or scientific discipline.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The topic mentioned above requires educational knowledge such as:
- advanced skills in drawing with Revit;
- knowledge of the Archibus/Space IQ software for Facility Management
Knowledge and experience in the following fields is valuable:
- experience with building management systems;
- some experience with database administration.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The closing date for applications is 18 May 2022.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Internships can take place remotely, on-site or partially on-site depending on the pandemic situation, and in line with the relevant Establishment’s policy (e.g. possible Green Pass requirement) applicable at the time of starting the internship.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Nationals from Latvia, Lithuania and Slovenia, as Associate Member States, or Canada as a Cooperating State, can apply as well as those from Bulgaria, Cyprus and Slovakia as European Cooperating States (ECS).
Director Of Science, European Space Agency (ESA), Laos, 8 days ago
Location The post will be based at the European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC) in Villanueva de la Cañada (Spain), with regular presence at ESA Headquarters in Paris required. The European Space Ag...
2 Educational Project Managers & 1 Educational Development Officer, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
Are you passionate about designing high quality education? Would you like to work in a dynamic and innovative environment? Are you a team player who also takes ownership? If the answers are yes, t...
Didactic Trainers, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
A skilled teacher is at the basis of every good academic performance. As a (junior) didactic trainer, you help the starting teachers of TU Delft to obtain their basic university teaching qualifica...
Erotic Imagery In The 1960s And 1970s In Italy: Erotic And Pornographic Visual Sources For Painting, Scuola Normale Superiore, Italy, 29 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Educational Advisor Blended Learning , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Educational challenges in which ICT plays an important role? You like to sink your teeth into it. This is how your role as Blended Learner expert takes education at TU Delft to an even higher leve...
Learning Developer Open, Online, Blended Education, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 19 days ago
Use your skills as an Learning Developer to introduce the whole world to the exciting online and blended engineering courses of Delft University of Technology! Open, online and blended education i...