Advancing technology for next‐generation circuits and systems.
As an ASIC / IC design support specialist, you will work in the Department of Microelectronics, part of the Faculty of EEMCS (Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science) of Delft University of Technology. The department is within the top 20 in the world and known for its exciting and innovative research, often in collaboration with industrial partners.
Current research areas are: (5G) communication, (car) radars, smart (bio-) sensors, bioelectronics, and Artificial Intelligence (AI), with their (integrated) demonstrators implemented as analog/digital/mixed‐signal/RF-mmWave/VLSI circuits in the most advanced IC technology nodes.
You will actively assist students and university staff. You will help them to design, simulate, implement and verify/test analog, digital, mixed‐signal, and RF/mm-wave integrated circuits. For selected projects, you will be part of the design team. Moreover, you will:
- Centralize the knowledge and tools for IC design within the Microelectronics department.
- Support/organize the design of IC building blocks for various technology nodes.
- Install and support ASIC/IC design cell libraries and PDKs (for example, from TSMC, AMS, XFAB).
- Maintain good relations with the foundries (for example, TSMC, Global Foundries, etc.), and design centers (like IMEC), as well as with EDA tool suppliers (for instance Europractice).
- Plan and support IC tape‐outs with their verification checks.
- Work with an IT support engineer to install and maintain the IC-CAD environment.
- Work with the students and other ME support staff to guide the development of PCBs and wire bond assembly of the realized ASICs / ICs for testing purposes.
You will work in a diverse international environment; an enthusiastic, pro-active, and learn-on-the-job mentality is valued very much. In addition, you have:
- An academic degree in electronics, with knowledge of IC/PCB design. A specialized background in IC design is a pre but not a must. If needed, (extra) training can be provided.
- Experience with CAD tools such as Cadence (priority), Tanner, Mentor, and
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems, programming environments, and (scripting) languages such as Unix, Matlab, and Python.
- The ambition to train students to help them to become experts in IC design and
We would love to have you on board and join our team. What’s in it for you? Delft University of Technology was recently mentioned in the MT/Sprout MT500 ranking. In the category 'universities and colleges', we came out as 'best employer' and 'performance excellence' winner. You will have a lot of freedom to perform your role and excellent facilities to work with. You will also get to work with inspiring colleagues and students. ‘Challenge, change, impact’ is our motto. Your work will contribute directly to the ground‐breaking research done at the Microelectronics Department!
This position is full-time and immediately available. The salary options are favorable and depend on your level. Your capabilities, experience, and education all play a role.
Please feel free to apply or call us, even if you are not sure you meet all requirements. We will be happy to consider your motivation and credentials to see if you might fit in our team. You can contact Prof. Leo de Vreede, email@example.com , +31 15 2786187, or department manager Sandra Ransdorp, firstname.lastname@example.org , +31 15 27 89873. If you have any questions about the terms and conditions or general questions on TU Delft HR issues, you can contact our HR advisor Marjolein van der Heijden, email@example.com .
- An academic degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
- Esperience with Cadence design and layout tools.
- Preferably (3 years) of experience in the physical design and verification of CMOS based semi- or full-custom integrated circuits (ASICs).
A salary (scale 11-12, € 3.974,- - € 6.181,- ,depending on experience) according to the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities, plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
- The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
- Discounts with health insurers.
- Flexible working week.
- Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice budget.
- Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
- Partially paid parental leave
- Health Coach Program with a focus on healthy and energetic working
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, discounts on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation.
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context. At TU Delft we embrace diversity and aim to be as inclusive as possible (see our Code of Conduct ). Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) brings together three disciplines - electrical engineering, mathematics and computer science. Combined, they reinforce each other and are the driving force behind the technology we use in our daily lives. Technology such as the electricity grid, which our faculty is helping to make future-proof. We are also working on a world in which humans and computers reinforce each other. We are mapping out disease processes using single cell data, and using mathematics to simulate gigantic ash plumes after a volcanic eruption. There is plenty of room here for ground-breaking research. We educate innovative engineers and have excellent labs and facilities that underline our strong international position. In total, more than 1,100 employees and 4,000 students work and study in this innovative environment.
Click here to go to the website of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.
For information about this vacacancy, you can contact Prof. Leo de Vreede, Chair ELCA, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. tel.: +31 15 276187 or Prof. Wouter Serdijjn, Chair BE, email@example.com, tel.: +31 15 2781715.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before March 20, 2023, via the application button and upload your motivation and CV including two possible references.
- A pre-employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Software Engineer Quantum Application Development Tools, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 7 days ago
TU Delft TU Delft is an international top university that combines science, engineering, and design. TU Delft stands for world-class education, research, and innovation to address challenges in en...
Postdoc R&D In Network Security (Ml Sys Ops), Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 25 days ago
Postdoc R&D in Network Security (MLSysOps) Postdoc R&D in Network Security (MLSysOps) Published Deadline Location yesterday 31 May Delft Job description The Cybersecurity (CYS) group at the Facult...
Cryo Engineer, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 25 days ago
Cryo Engineer Cryo Engineer Published Deadline Location today 28 May Delft QuTech QuTech is a mission-driven research institute run jointly by Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and the Net...
Lecturer Safety In Healthcare, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 6 days ago
Lecturer Safety in Healthcare Lecturer Safety in Healthcare Published Deadline Location 24 Mar 20 Apr Delft Job description In this position you will support and develop university and professiona...
Assistant Professor Innovative Design Strategies For New Types Of Sustainable, High Quality Public Buildings, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 17 days ago
Assistant professor innovative design strategies for new types of sustainable, high quality public buildings Assistant professor innovative design strategies for new types of sustainable, high qua...
Principle Educator, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 28 days ago
Principle educator Principle educator Published Deadline Location 3 Mar 31 Mar Delft Principal educator in a unique educational team in high ranked university and affiliated with departments that ...