As an ASIC / IC design support specialist, you will work in the Department of Microelectronics, part of the Faculty of EEMCS (Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science) of Delft University of Technology. The department is within the top 20 in the world and known for its exciting and innovative research, often in collaboration with industrial partners.
Current research areas are: (5G) communication, (car) radars, smart (bio-) sensors, bioelectronics, and Artificial Intelligence (AI), with their (integrated) demonstrators implemented as analog/digital/mixed‐signal/RF-mmWave/VLSI circuits in the most advanced IC technology nodes.
You will actively assist students and university staff. You will help them to design, simulate, implement and verify/test analog, digital, mixed‐signal, and RF/mm-wave integrated circuits. For selected projects, you will be part of the design team. Moreover, you will:
- Centralize the knowledge and tools for IC design within the Microelectronics department.
- Support/organize the design of IC building blocks for various technology nodes.
- Install and support ASIC/IC design cell libraries and PDKs (for example, from TSMC, AMS, XFAB).
- Maintain good relations with the foundries (for example, TSMC, Global Foundries, etc.), and design centers (like IMEC), as well as with EDA tool suppliers (for instance Europractice).
- Plan and support IC tape‐outs with their verification checks.
- Work with an IT support engineer to install and maintain the IC-CAD environment.
- Work with the students and other ME support staff to guide the development of PCBs and wire bond assembly of the realized ASICs / ICs for testing purposes.
You will work in a diverse international environment; an enthusiastic, pro-active, and learn-on-the-job mentality is valued very much. In addition, you have:
- An academic degree in electronics, with knowledge of IC/PCB design. A specialized background in IC design is a pre but not a must. If needed, (extra) training can be provided.
- Experience with CAD tools such as Cadence (priority), Tanner, Mentor, and
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems, programming environments, and (scripting) languages such as Unix, Matlab, and Python.
- The ambition to train students to help them to become experts in IC design and
We would love to have you on board and join our team. What’s in it for you? Delft University of Technology was recently mentioned in the MT/Sprout MT500 ranking. In the category 'universities and colleges', we came out as 'best employer' and 'performance excellence' winner. You will have a lot of freedom to perform your role and excellent facilities to work with. You will also get to work with inspiring colleagues and students. ‘Challenge, change, impact’ is our motto. Your work will contribute directly to the ground‐breaking research done at the Microelectronics Department!
This position is full-time and immediately available. The salary options are favorable and depend on your level. Your capabilities, experience, and education all play a role.
Please feel free to apply or call us, even if you are not sure you meet all requirements. We will be happy to consider your motivation and credentials to see if you might fit in our team. You can contact Prof. Leo de Vreede, email@example.com , +31 15 2786187, or department manager Sandra Ransdorp, firstname.lastname@example.org , +31 15 27 89873. If you have any questions about the terms and conditions or general questions on TU Delft HR issues, you can contact our HR advisor Marjolein van der Heijden, email@example.com .
Principle Educator , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Principal educator in a unique educational team in high ranked university and affiliated with departments that are well equipped to conduct world-leading research. The Electrical Engineering Educa...
Verification Engineer Digital Asic / System On Chip (So C) Design, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Germany, 5 days ago
We bring chip design back to Europe! For a technologically more independent Europe, we aim to develop Fraunhofer IIS into a European IC Design Center for trusted and energy-efficient high-speed IC...
Engineering Doctorate In Designing An Electrochemically Mediated Carbon Monoxide Separation Process, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Kick off your career in electrochemical process design. You will work with our industrial partners DOW, Shell, TNO and Arcelor Mittal. Starting as Engineering Doctorate trainee at TU Delft? Apply ...
Lecturer Safety In Healthcare, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
In this position you will support and develop university and professional education in the field of Safety in Healthcare, in close collaboration with the team of the Centre forn Safety in Healthca...
Ph.D. Position: Feedback Mechanism For Cancer Patients Through A Data Centric, Human Centred Design Approach, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 15 days ago
With the increase in aging populations and cancer incidence worldwide, the accessibility of cancer care is under high pressure. The higher number of patients requiring cancer care will receive tha...
Software Engineer Quantum Application Development Tools, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Join QuTech and support our organization in achieving our mission: developing cutting-edge quantum technology. We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our team in the Quantum Inter...