Are you, as head of department, eager to innovate in a science-based research institute? Do you have views on the role of animals in future food systems, and on the design and evaluation of integral sustainable animal farming systems? Are you a strong and team-oriented leader? Do you have an extensive network in the agro food sector? Then we might be looking for you, as the right candidate to lead our Animal Farming Systems Department and strengthen our management team.
As head of department Animal Farming Systems you:
- are leading the department (30-35 employees), with a team- and people-oriented motivation;
- contribute to the strategic, scientific and market development of Wageningen Livestock Research (WLR), the Animal Sciences Group and Wageningen University & Research;
- show leadership based on trust, stimulating personal responsibility and team development, and pay attention to social safety at work;
- join the WLR management team and with this team, you shape the future development of the institute; and implement strategic and annual plans;
- with your team, develop and communicate a clear and inspiring department vision on future animal farming systems, and convert this vision into strategy and actions;
- develop and maintain strategic partnerships, collaborations within and outside of WUR and relationships with research institutes, academia, the agro food sector, policy makers and other stakeholders;
- manage the financial, human resource and other operations at department level;
- strengthen our scientific and societal impact;
- enhance working in interdisciplinary teams, and stimulate integral sustainable solutions.
Our food system is a complex system with many challenges to make it more sustainable. Our research is related to the impact of our present and future food system. We are facing climate change, environmental impact of animal production and loss of biodiversity. At the same time, urbanisation, an increasing world population and a growing demand for (animal) protein are factors in debates and dialogues about how to feed the world. Wageningen Livestock Research (WLR) explores the role of animals within this food system; while striving to improve the quality of life for humans, animals and nature. We create science-based solutions for an economic, ecological and social sustainable livestock, insect and aquaculture sector. Together with our clients and partners, we integrate scientific knowledge and practical experience to develop animal farming concepts and solutions for future generations. WLR carries out fundamental and applied research in the fields of animal production and food security, systems innovations, economy, circularity, ecosystem services, environment, grass & forage systems, aquaculture, animal nutrition, breeding & genomics and animal health & welfare.
The Animal Farming Systems department has a research team with 30-35 highly motivated project leaders and researchers. We are known for our innovative and integral approach in designing and evaluating the sustainability of animal production systems.
Director Of Animal Care, University of Alberta, Canada, about 12 hours ago
Location: This is an in-person role and is based out of North and South Campus Edmonton. Working for the University of Alberta The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty ...
Animal Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, about 11 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Location - North camp...
Professor In Sustainable Pig Production, Aarhus University (AU), Denmark, about 23 hours ago
Department of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Aarhus University, invites highly qualified applicants for a position as professor in Sustainable pig production from 1 September 2023 or soon thereaf...
Supervisor, Animal Care, Emory University, United States, 17 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Research Veterinarian , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 2 days ago
Center for Surgical Research Research Veterinarian 100 % The University of Zurich, Center for Surgical Research, is looking to appoint with immediate effect or by agreement Veterinarian Research 10...
Laboratory Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, about 12 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has a term length of one year plus a day and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Fac...