is a place on campus where you can develop in areas that are not always reflected in academic training, but are invaluable. X focuses on the needs of young people and has variable offerings in the areas of sports, games, arts, crafts, reflection and lifestyle. Offerings range from courses, ticket hours, events and projects to, for example, free use of a student kitchen and living room and self-initiated activities and/or programming.
As Functional Administrator ICT you are responsible for the operational management of our customer system, website (partly) and other applications and tools of X. We are looking for a professional who can to make the connection with the business at X in a proactive way. Someone who keeps the supplier(s) of X focused on the quality of their services, creates support for the priorities of X in the national consultation with the supplier(s) and precise alignment with the internal ICT management of TU Delft for upcoming releases.
Systems' expertise contributes to the realisation of the offer of X.. The team is responsible for the daily operations of X in the field of HR, ICT, Finance, purchasing, accommodation management, planning and process optimization. This translates in daily practice to providing stable and professional support for the primary tasks of X, in the form of (policy) framing, advice and operational support. The team consists of 16 permanent employees and is supplemented by student employees.
The Processes and ICT team within the Department Systems is responsible for the optimization, standardization and integrality of the organisation of work processes, the corresponding ICT organisation of X and the coordination of these processes with the central services of TU Delft. In addition, the department supports the employees of X in the use of information systems and solves malfunctions. To this end, the team maintains (daily) contacts with ICT-TU Delft and external suppliers.
The activities for the functional administrator include:
- Taking care of the functional management of our applications, analysing malfunctions and if possible solving them directly yourself or assist in solving them;
- Structured mapping of user requirements and wishes of the user organisation, processing this in specifications and (in accordance with the user organisation and suppliers) prioritising and phased realisation;
- Proposing new/alternative management- and process solutions in a dynamic environment;
- Defining, developing and managing various operational and tactical reports using(among others) SQL and BI Tooling;
- Developing and arranging the necessary documentation, instructions, management processes, etc. to perform functional management and promote the proper usage of ICT tooling;
- Organising, supervising and performing functional (chain) testing and user testing. Systematically preparing major releases;
- Analysing, assessing and searching (whether or not in direction with the supplier or administrators of linked applications) for solutions for disruptions, questions and remarks about the applications;
- Training (certain) user groups.
Enthusiasm, drive and accuracy are qualities that characterise you.. Despite having a unique and independent role within the department, you are a team player and stand beside your colleagues. You work in a structured manner and can organise and plan well. In addition, you take initiative, are eager to learn and are open to feedback. Your analytical and problem-solving skills are highly developed. Furthermore, you describe yourself as customer-oriented, self-managing and proactive.
You are the link between our internal and external ICT service providers and the user organisation. You are therefore also strong in communication with our end users, your ICT colleagues and the ICT suppliers. You have a good feeling for the different interests and you know how to deal with them.
In addition, we find it important that you:
- have at least 5 years of demonstrable and relevant work experience in the field of functional management in a complex, large implementing organisation, preferably in higher education or similar setting;
- are in possession of at least an HBO degree, preferably supplemented with relevant professional courses in the field of information management and functional management;
- are BiSL certified, preferably also ITIL and Agile/Scrum foundation or similar;
- have extensive experience in managing (SAAS) suppliers and internal ICT service providers;
- have extensive experience with process and requirements analysis;
- have insight into the cohesion of the various processes, applications and connections or are able to gain insight into this cohesion;
- are able to put yourself in the position of the end user, which enables you to give tailor-made advice;
- are organization-sensitive, able to assess and communicate the consequences of changes for people and processes;
- are experienced in defining and configuring reports using SQL and BI tooling (alternatively experienced in MS Excel). You do not shy away from solving issues at data-level;
- your oral and written communication is clear and effective for both users and administrators in Dutch and English.
Do you not fully meet all the requirements, but are you eager to learn and motivated? Then we invite you to respond and enthuse us with your motivation letter.
The position has a scope of 32-38 hours (0.8-1.0 FTE). It is a temporary position for the duration of one year, with a view to permanent employment. The salary is based on scale 9 of the CAO Dutch Universities with a minimum of €3.098,- and a maximum of €4.257,- gross per month for a full-time appointment. You will be scaled on the basis of knowledge and experience.
In addition, TU Delft offers excellent fringe benefits, including:
- 232 annual leave hours for a 38-hour work week;
- 8% vacation pay in May and a year-end bonus of 8.3% in December;
- the possibility of putting together an individual benefits package each year;
- an excellent pension plan through the ABP;
- partially paid parental leave;
- attention for a good work-life balance, where you can make arrangements for flexible working hours and, if your position allows, the possibility of working from home.
- In addition, X finds it important that you can develop yourself as well as possible and that you are fit to perform your work. We support this by offering an X-subscription.
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context.
At TU Delft we embrace diversity as one of our core values and we actively engage to be a university where you feel at home and can flourish. We value different perspectives and qualities. We believe this makes our work more innovative, the TU Delft community more vibrant and the world more just. Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale. That is why we invite you to apply. Your application will receive fair consideration.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
Education & Student Affairs (ESA) provides educational support by taking care of education and student administration, coordinating education policy, functional management of educational applications and providing monitoring- and management reports, supporting and supervising Dutch and international students and PhD candidates, providing training in teaching and other areas, giving educational advice and support and organising sport & culture activities. ESA is made up of the departments Education Service Centre, Academic Services, Information Management and X. ESA employs around 250 staff. ESA is known within the TU Delft for the high-quality service it provides and has a pro-active and solution-oriented culture.
Would you like more information about the position? Then please contact Aart Korevaar, Head of Systems, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-83613505.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before 4 June 2023 via the application button and upload your motivation and CV.
- A pre-employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- Please do not contact us for unsolicited services.
Assistant Or Associate Professor In Planning & Decision Making For Autonomous Vehicles, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 26 days ago
2 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country N...
Product Owner Lifelong Learning Website Tu Delft, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 12 days ago
The TU Delft Extension School for Continuing Education offers online education and courses to professionals worldwide in socially relevant fields like 'Energy Transition', 'Sustainable Cities', an...
Professor In Adaptation And Life Cycle Management Of Complex Hydraulic Structures 0.4 Fte, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 4 days ago
26 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country ...
2 Eng Ds The Design & Demonstration Of Free Space Optical Communication Systems, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Position Engineering Doctorate (EngD) Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.6915 Job description Are you fascinated by the idea of high-speed space In...
Postdoc On Key Generation Using Physical Layer Security (+Qkd), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
29 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application D...
Postdoc Mechanics Of Underground Hydrogen Storage, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 25 days ago
5 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application De...