- 0.6 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary
- € 2,960 - € 5,439
- Required background
- University of Applied Sciences Degree
- Organizational unit
- Faculty of Science
- Application deadline
- 25 June 2023
To educate students to be successful in a complex world that faces technological, economic and demographic change, we have to evolve and adapt as a university. Would you like to help us innovate our way of supporting teaching, grading and learning, so that we can work towards future-proof and effective education? Then you have a part to play as an educational innovator.
At the Educational Institute for Computing Science and Information Sciences, we organise education for hundreds of students in our fully English taught Bachelor's and Master's programmes. Our enrolment figures have increased over the past years and we expect this trend to continue. To alleviate the workload of our teachers and teaching assistants, and to investigate and implement methods and opportunities for better and more effective teaching, we are looking for an education innovator.
As an education innovator you will coordinate, initiate and develop tools and educational methods for everybody involved in teaching at our institute. You will synchronise and link existing efforts of teachers and teaching assistants (to avoid situations in which they might be working in parallel on similar initiatives without being aware of each other's work).
Teaching and innovation also take place at our New Devices Lab (NDL), for instance in the area of Internet of Things applications (Bachelor's level) and the Cryptographic Engineering & Side-Channel Analysis Lab (CESCA), for instance in the secure design and implementation of cryptographic systems in embedded hardware and software (Master's level).
You will spot interesting new developments in teaching and raise awareness among our staff of these developments, and of initiatives that are already being taken at the institute and faculty level. You will consult regularly with the educational innovators at the other educational institutes of the Faculty of Science and the Faculty's Teacher Information Point.
Your work may, for example, include the development and implementation of:
• Tools for automated testing and grading of homework assignments and guidance on how to properly construct these kinds of assignments.
• Approaches to design exams that can be graded more quickly and reliably.
• Methods for active, collaborative and team-based learning.
• Guidance on the most effective use of existing university tools such as Brightspace, Cirrus and Osiris.
• Novel approaches to combine in-person education with online learning, drawing on the experiences of the past two years. Preparation of measurement setups and assignments using secure embedded and mobile systems at our CESCA lab. Assisting with other teaching tasks (lectures, tutorial sessions, programming, hands-on assignments, etc.).
- You have a degree (HBO, MSc, PhD) in a relevant field of study.
- You communicate well in English.
- A good command of the Dutch language is desirable, but applicants who do not yet speak Dutch are also welcome.
- You have a clear interest in and knowledge of education and teaching methodology, particularly in the context of computing science and information science.
- You enjoy working together with teachers and teaching assistants.
- You are an effective communicator with the ability to initiate, coordinate and implement novel ideas.
- Experience with teaching or the organisation of teaching at university level will be considered beneficial.
Computing Science in Nijmegen traditionally aspires to be a welcoming, open and accessible educational environment for students. Despite the growing inflow of students, we continue to focus on creating a thriving learning culture. Our educational institute and the Institute for Computing and Information Sciences (ICIS), our research institute, are located in the Mercator building.
The educational institute organises and manages education for the Bachelor's degree programme in Computing Science and the Master's degree programmes in Information Science and Computing Science with specialisations in digital security, data science, software science, the mathematical foundations of computing science, and, as of the academic year 2022-2023, cyber security and AI. We want to provide the best possible educational experience for our students, stimulate self-directed learning and encourage students to focus on their own plans and goals. Our Bachelor's degree programme in Computing Science is ranked first in its field in the Keuzegids Universiteiten (students' guide to Dutch universities).
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 0.6 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,960 and a maximum of €5,439 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10 or salary scale 11 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- This is a temporary position on a one-year contract with a view to permanency.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
You have not yet given permission to place the required cookies. Accept the required cookies to view this content.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Peter Achten, Coordinator of the Bachelor Computing Science at +31 24 365 24 83 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, you can contact Lejla Batina, Director of the Educational Institute for Computing Science & Information Sciences at email@example.com .
Practical information and applying
You can apply until 25 June 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Peter Achten. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
The first round of interviews will take place on Friday 7 July and Tuesday 11 July.
You would preferably begin employment as soon as possible.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Apply now Application deadline 25 June 2023
We would like to recruit our new colleague ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Dr Achten, P.M. (Peter)
Coordinator of the Bachelor Computing Science
firstname.lastname@example.org +31 24 365 24 83
Job application form
* Mandatory field
Are you an internal candidate at Radboud University?
When are you an internal candidate?
You are an internal candidate if you:
- Work at Radboud University (i.e. have an employment contract with Radboud University).
- Are a former Radboud University employee receiving unemployment (WW/BWNU) benefits paid by Radboud University (which started less than two years ago or resulted from the discontinuation of your job/redundancy).
- Currently work as a student employee at Radboud University through the campus employment office.
- Work as a temporary employee at, or have been seconded to, Radboud University.
One file only.
5 MB limit.
One file only.
6 MB limit.
One file only.
4 MB limit.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
Read our data processing policy .
Last modified: 25 May 2023
Share this page
Project Coordinator Simpathic Project, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Radboudumc The research project will be performed in the Medical BioSciences , Neurology and Human Genetics departments. Research in these groups is focused on personalized diagnostics and persona...
Administrator Client Services Otago Medical School And Dunedin School Of Medicine, University of Otago, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Administrator Client Services - Otago Medical School and Dunedin School of Medicine-2301411 CLIENT SERVICES • Salary + 6.75% superannuation + five weeks' annual leave. • Career Development +...
Scientist Molecular Taxonomy (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 1 day ago
The Leibniz Institute DSMZ-German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures establishes an integrated suite of scientific databases of fundamental relevance for life sciences. The databases i...
Department Of Education And Psychology – Psychology University Professor Of Biological Psychology And Cognitive Neuroscience (Bua Joint Professorship With Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin) Salary Grade: W3 Or Equivalent Reference Code: 12 04/2023 Bewerbungsende: 16.10.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 3 hours ago
This professorship is a joint professorship of the Berlin University Alliance between Freie Universität Berlin and Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin. This means that, in addition to holding a f...
System Engineer For The Africa Millimetre Telescope, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
In 2019, the first ever picture of a black hole was published by the Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) collaboration, and in 2022 the first picture of the black hole in the centre of our Milky Way. He...
Postdoctor In Mathematics, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
We are looking for a postdoctor working on Operator algebras. This position is a full-time temporary employment for two years, with the possibility of an extension. The position is in the field of...