In our department, we have a great opportunity to help develop our students. In this position, you will help develop and provide allotted academic course components based on the faculty's curriculum. You will be working in a small team and experienced team.
More specifically, you will assist and coordinate education in the field of Geo Resource Engineering. The role includes:
- Teaching (lectures, practicals, assignments).
- Supporting in the supervision and coaching of MSc and BSc students during their thesis projects.
- Course development for advanced undergraduates and Master's level students.
In this position, there is a possibility of obtaining a University Teaching Qualification. Next to that, the successful and willing candidate will also be offered the possibility to generate and participate in Research Proposals that can lead to opportunities for further career development.
- 36—40 hours per week
- €2960—€4670 per month
- Delft View on Google Maps
Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
- Possess an MSc or PhD in mining, mineral resources, applied geology or related disciplines.
- Have a passion for teaching and supervision of students.
- Willingness to obtain a University Teaching Qualification.
- Fluent in English (oral & written): all teaching is conducted in English (an official English-language certificate is required for international students)
Specific required subject knowledge:
- Geostatistics/Mineral Resource Modelling and Operational Research.
- Familiar with programming, especially with Python language.
- Knowledge of relevant commercial geostatistical and resource modelling software packages.
- Additionally, knowledge of Discrete Event Simulation Modelling and GUI development in Python would be advantageous.
Conditions of employment
Fixed-term contract: 2 years.
- A salary according to the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities, plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
- The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
- Discount with health insurers.
- Flexible working week.
- Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice budget.
- Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
- Partially paid parental leave
- Attention for working healthy and energetically with the vitality program.
Delft University of Technology
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context.
At TU Delft we embrace diversity as one of our core values and we actively engage to be a university where you feel at home and can flourish. We value different perspectives and qualities. We believe this makes our work more innovative, the TU Delft community more vibrant and the world more just. Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale. That is why we invite you to apply. Your application will receive fair consideration.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
Faculty Civil Engineering & Geosciences
The Faculty of Civil Engineering & Geosciences (CEG) is committed to outstanding international research and education in the field of civil engineering, applied earth sciences, traffic and transport, water technology, and delta technology. Our research feeds into our educational programmes and covers societal challenges such as climate change, energy transition, resource depletion, urbanisation and the availability of clean water, conducted in close cooperation with a wide range of research institutions. CEG is convinced that Open Science helps to achieve our goals and supports its scientists in integrating Open Science in their research practice. The Faculty of CEG comprises 28 research groups in the following seven departments: Materials Mechanics Management & Design, Engineering Structures, Geoscience and Engineering, Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Transport & Planning, Hydraulic Engineering and Water Management.
Click here to go to the website of the Faculty of Civil Engineering & Geosciences.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dr. M Soleymani Shishvan via email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Working at TU Delft
Join the oldest and largest technical university in the Netherlands. Work on clever solutions for worldwide challenges, to change the world and make an impact. Ready to bring your energy to our research?
Challenge, change, impact!
Apply for this job
Apply for this job
This application process is managed by the employer (Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)). Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.Apply for this job via the employer's website
Thank you for applying
Please contact the employer for questions regarding your application.
Tip: save this job as favorite in your AcademicTransfer account. This gives you an immediate overview and makes it easy to find the job later on. No account yet? Create it now and take advantage of other useful functionalities too!
Back to the vacancy
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before 25 October 2022 via the application button and upload:
- Your motivation letter (max. 1 page), highlighting past achievements that demonstrate your relevant competence and specific interest and enthusiasm for this position.
- Your CV (in PDF format), including contact details of two references who we can contact if needed to attest to your academic attitude and teachng skills.
- An English-language certificate (if applicable).
- A vision statement on teaching
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- A pre-Employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Data Steward, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
The faculty Civil Engineering and Geosciences is expanding existing data stewardship support to better meet growing needs related to research data and software management. Therefore we are looking...
Technician For Ruisdael Observatory Of Atmospheric Science , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
The Department of Geoscience & Remote Sensing at the TU Delft is looking for a technician to assist in managing and maintaining its network of in-situ and remote sensing equipment within the frame...
Unique Fellowship For Top Female Academic Scientists – Civil Engineering And Geosciences, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
Challenge: Work on societal challenges with science, technology, or design in a responsible manner. Change: Generous start-up funding can give your research a healthy boost. Impact: Contribute to ...
Assistant Professor Coastal Subsidence, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
Do you want to contribute with your knowledge about land deformation and morphodynamics to further strengthen TU Delft’s ambition as climate action university? Land subsidence is a key process tha...
Assistant Professor In Sustainable Multi Modal Transport Systems, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Decarbonizing transport? Make an impact in sustainable transport science. Transport systems are at the core of many societal challenges, acting as catalysts as well as offering potential solutions...
Assistant Professor In Multi Modal Transport Network Robustness, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
Withstanding disruptions? Make an impact in transport resilience science. Transport systems constitute critical infrastructure and services and are subject to recurrent disturbances and disruption...