- Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary: € 2,979 - € 4,093
- Faculty of Science
- Required background: Research University Degree
- Application deadline: 15 June 2022
Are you an enthusiastic team player with affinity for education and the field of Biology? And would you like to help elevate our Biology Bachelor's programme to a higher level by implementing, supervising and innovating the laboratory work and curriculum? Then you have a part to play as education support officer.
As an Education Support Officer, you will be involved in preparing, implementing, supervising and coordinating student laboratory work associated with multiple courses from the Bachelor's degree programme in Biology/Medical Biology. Additionally, you will be involved in innovating the Bachelor's degree curriculum on the basis of newly acquired knowledge and best practices. This will also include working with different e-learning and online tools. In this job, you will work in close collaboration with teachers, other scientific and supporting staff and student assistants.
- You hold a Bachelor's or a Master's degree in Biology or Medical Biology.
- Preferably, you have experience in the field of education and with developing e-learning materials.
- Familiarity with the biology curriculum is considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of English and Dutch at C1/C2 level is desirable.
- You are a team player who can work independently, and is assertive, well organised and helpful.
The Biosciences' Practical Education and Educational Support team is part of the Institute of Biosciences at the Faculty of Science . The team supports teaching staff by taking an active role in developing, innovating and organising education and training within the Bachelor's degree programme in Biology at Radboud University. Additionally, the team coordinates the development of practical skills throughout the Bachelor's programme (e.g. report writing, laboratory skills, oral presentations, peer feedback). Because of the team's cooperation with course and programme coordinators throughout the entire Bachelor's programme, it has an active role in signalling new opportunities and in improving the Biology programme.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,979 and a maximum of €4,093 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 9 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 6 months. This position has been created to temporarily replace a colleague who is long-term absence. The possibility of extension will therefore be determined at a later stage.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Anne de Rond, Education Officer at +31 24 365 29 66 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Practical information and applications
You can apply until 15 June 2022, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Anne de Rond. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
We drafted this vacancy to find and hire our new colleague ourselves. Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from responding.
Research Technician, Radboud University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Research Technician Research Technician Published Deadline Location yesterday 25 Aug Nijmegen Job description Are you passionate about technology and do you want to boost your career by working wi...
Assistant Professor Of Qualitative Empirical Methodology, Radboud University, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Assistant Professor of Qualitative Empirical Methodology Assistant Professor of Qualitative Empirical Methodology Published Deadline Location yesterday 4 Sep Nijmegen Job description Are you an en...
Assistant Professor Of Work, Health And Performance, EURAXESS, Netherlands, 13 days ago
Are you an enthusiastic and excellent researcher and lecturer in work and organisational psychology, occupational health psychology, or a related field? Then this vacancy may be for you! You will ...
Assistant Professor: Social Inequality And Diversity, EURAXESS, Netherlands, 13 days ago
Are you a scientist with a PhD degree in social science? Interested in being a driving force in further developing research and teaching on social inequality and diversity? Please join our faculty...
Horizon Msca 2021 Dn 01 01 (Dc3) Evolutionary Quantification Of Breast Density After Surgery Or..., Radboudumc, Netherlands, 23 days ago
Prof. Ioannis Sechopoulos and Dr. Marco Caballo, part of the Advanced X-ray Tomographic Imaging (AXTI) laboratory, established at the Department of Medical Imaging at Radboud University Medical Ce...
Assistant Professor Of Francophone Culture, EURAXESS, Netherlands, 23 days ago
Are you passionate about Francophone culture? Do you love teaching and doing research in an academically inspiring and inclusive work environment? And would you like to strengthen Francophone pers...