Coordinator LANDac - The Netherlands Land Academy (1,0 FTE)
LANDac is a partnership between Dutch organisations and their Southern partners working on land governance for equitable and sustainable development. LANDac was formed in 2010 to close the gap between research and policy in the field of sustainable development, poverty alleviation and international cooperation. The interest in land governance was prompted by the global concern with large-scale ‘land grabbing’ by foreign investors in developing countries, compromising food security and displacing local smallholders. Since then, the LANDac partnership, consisting of a range of knowledge institutes, practitioners and governmental actors, has been committed to developing a land governance agenda that centres on producing equitable and sustainable outcomes in the view of growing pressures on land worldwide. The partnership provides a platform for knowledge exchange and debate, carries out short-term, applied research on topical issues in land governance and contributes to capacity strengthening in land governance in the Netherlands and beyond.
LANDac - the Netherlands Land Academy - is looking for an enthusiastic and driven coordinator. The coordinator:
- is the focal point for the LANDac network;
- represents the network at national and international events and seminars;
- communicates and liaises internally with LANDac partner organisations;
- maintains the network via partners (keeping contact with various partner institutes and collaborating researchers, NGOs, (semi-) government institutions, businesses and other stakeholders);
- facilitates external communication, with the two main responsibilities:
- maintaining and updating the LANDac website and writing and disseminating the newsletter;
- PR via social media;
- prepares and facilitates LANDac Board Meetings;
- preparing annual plans and annual reports (including financial reporting);
- maintains archive of relevant documents and information;
- co-organises the Annual Conference and Summer School, as well as engaging with the PhD network;
- reports on and disseminates results of research, conference and summer school;
- acquisition of new projects in collaboration with partners.
We are looking for an enthusiastic coordinator that:
- has a keen interest and proven track record in international land governance;
- has proven experience with coordination of projects involving different organisations and interests;
- is able to communicate effectively with different audiences, as the stakeholder groups involved in land rights issues;
- is a team player;
- is organised and structured and can work independently;
- is able to handle financial and administrative management;
- is able to handle website organization and maintenance, and preferably has some experience with WordPress and/or LaPosta (or similar software)
- is available at short notice.
The coordinator will be working on a daily basis in a small team (two co-chairs and a researcher). The job will start remotely, but once possible again, the offices of LANDac are located at Utrecht Science Park.
We offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE) for one year in an international working environment. In case of good performance, extending the employment until the end of the project (October 2022) is a possibility. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,656 and €3,548 (scale 8 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.
Over de organisatie
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University , the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
Utrecht University's Faculty of Geosciences studies the Earth: from the Earth's core to its surface, including man's spatial and material utilisation of the Earth - always with a focus on sustainability and innovation. With 3,400 students (BSc and MSc) and 720 staff, the faculty is a strong and challenging organisation. The Faculty of Geosciences is organised in four Departments: Earth Sciences, Human Geography & Spatial Planning, Physical Geography, and Sustainable Development.
LANDac - the Netherlands Land Academy – is part of the Human Geography & Spatial Planning Department .
Further information about LANDac and our activities can be obtained from: www.landgovernance.org .
For more information about this position, please contact: Chantal Wieckardt (Coordinator LANDac), via firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation via the ‘apply’ button below.
Please note: Due to the current situation regarding the Corona virus (COVID-19) the process of selection and interviews may be subject to change.
Project Manager Knowledge Management Of The Land At Scale Programme At Lan Dac The Netherlands Land Academy (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University , the various disciplines collaborate intensi...
Vegetation Dynamics Scientist (R2), Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC), Spain, 6 days ago
Context and Mission The position is hosted in the Climate Prediction Group (CPG) within BSC’s Earth Science Department. The Climate Prediction Group aims at developing climate prediction capabilit...
Research Engineer Development Of Weather Hpc Software (Re2), BARCELONA SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER, Spain, 14 days ago
Context And Mission Within the Earth Sciences Department of Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC), led by Prof Francisco Doblas-Reyes, the Computational Earth Sciences group is looking for a compu...
Atmospheric Physicist (R2), BARCELONA SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER, Spain, 6 days ago
Context And Mission This position is hosted in the Climate Prediction Group within BSC's Earth Science Department. The Climate Prediction Group which undertakes advanced research to forecast clima...
Vegetation Dynamics Scientist (R2), BARCELONA SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER, Spain, 14 days ago
Education PhD in ecology, atmospheric or climate science, or a related discipline Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience Experience in working with Dynamic Vegetation models and/or Land-u...
Lecturer Earth Science And Ecology, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, 2 days ago
The Maastricht Science Programme is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated lecturer in Earth Science and Ecology. The successful candidate will teach courses in Earth science and ecosystem ecol...