Vacancy in the Directorate of Commercialisation, Industry and Competitiveness.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale .
ESA Headquarters, Paris, France
Commercialisation Officer in the Ventures and Financing Office, Commercialisation Department, Directorate of Commercialisation, Industry and Competitiveness.
Your work will involve:
- encouraging entrepreneurship and providing a framework that fosters commercial private-sector space activities and the growth of new businesses;
- setting up innovative procurement processes that favour and encourage the commercial potential of European-developed products or equipment, including on the export markets, as well as the inclusion of commercial products and services in ESA programmes;
- supporting the creation of new markets, such as in-orbit servicing and in-space edge computing, by contributing to a commercialisation strategy for new, ambitious ESA and industry-driven programmes, bringing together public and private investors as well as anchor customers;
- contributing to the implementation of the INVEST element of the ScaleUp programme to boost disruptive and high-growth projects, taking a commercialisation-focused approach.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- identifying opportunities for cooperation and establishing collaboration with promising start-ups and scale-up ventures on activities and programmes across the Agency together with the relevant ESA directorate representatives;
- assessing industrial proposals and business plans concerning business and commercialisation aspects across the Agency;
- providing matchmaking opportunities between the space industry and the investor and the financial community through digital platforms and by organising events, including thematic investor days;
- scouting, identifying and analysing promising collaborative opportunities for the space sector by performing the required due diligence as well as collecting, interpreting and sharing entrepreneurial commercial and financial data;
- supporting the Agency with reflections on key and strategic topics relating to macro- and micro- changes in respect of access to finance, acting as an information dissemination platform.
A background in industry, business development and innovation management, preferably in the space domain
Understanding of the challenges and opportunities inherent in the space economy and the New Space business
Strong competence in understanding and assessing company commercial and financial data, such as business plans and financial statements
Experience in cooperating with European financial institutions and venture capital organisations
Experience in an international setting and in close cooperation with partner organisations
A master's degree in finance or business management, for example a Master of Business Administration (MBA) is required for this post.
You should have more than five years of professional experience, preferably in a relevant space domain, obtained following completion of your master’s degree.
Certifications such as CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) or IMC (Investment Management Certificate) will be considered an asset.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework .
For further information please visit: Professionals ,What we offer and FAQ
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us email email@example.com .
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
According to the ESA Convention, the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States*. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented Member States *.
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment conducted by an external background screening service.
In principle, recruitment will be within the advertised grade band (A2-A4). However, if the selected candidate has less than four years of relevant professional experience following the completion of the master’s degree, the position may be filled at A1 level.
*Member States, Associate Members or Cooperating States.
Project Manager (M/F/D) For The Interferometric Detection System (Ids) Of Lisa, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Hanover), Hanover, Germany, 21 days ago
Job Offer from November 07, 2023 The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) is the largest research institute in the world specializing in general relativity a...
One (1) Position Of Eo Business Market Development Officer, ERATOSTHENES CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE, Cyprus, 3 days ago
28 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company ERATOSTHENES CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE Research Field Geosciences » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Cyprus Application Dead...
Visiting Program For Scientists From Transition Countries In Europe (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 20 hours ago
Call for Applications 2024 The Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK) in Gatersleben, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany and the Association for the Promotion of Crop Plant Research...
Project Manager (M/F/D) | Space Department, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Hanover), Hanover, Germany, 17 days ago
The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) is the largest research institute in the world specializing in general relativity and beyond. The institute is locate...
Senior Manager, Commercialisation Materials And Engineering, Deakin University, Australia, 2 days ago
Flexible location Full-time and continuing HEW 10 $136,609 + 17% Superannuation (pro rata, part time) Why work with us? At Deakin you will have access to benefits such as a variety of leave option...
Immigration Specialist (F/M/D), Central European University, Hungary, about 9 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Vienna Status: Full-time Unit: Human Resources Office E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Open for Employee Referral Application deadline: Open until filled Starting date: As soon ...