Enable the next generation of bioelectronics. Join a dynamic and stimulating environment.
As a Cell Laboratory manager at the Department of Microelectronics of the Faculty of EEMCS of the TU Delft, you will set up and manage a cell laboratory. The department operates at the forefront of research on electronic devices used in implantable/wearables, lab-on-chip, organs-on-chip, and biodegradable materials applications. The Cell Laboratory will be used to extensively test these devices before being handed to collaborators to answer biological/medical scientific questions.
As Cell Laboratory manager you will:
- Set up the Cell Laboratory with the equipment necessary to support the research in the department.
- Manage the supplies required for the lab.
- Maintain cell cultures and lab equipments.
- Train and support students/university staff.
- Have full independence in managing and maintaining the lab
- Help design experiments/experimental setups
Your skills include:
- Knowledge of operating cell laboratory equipment.
- Lab management and organizational skills
- Ability to liaise and negotiate with vendors, contractors, and research scientists.
- A strong team and learn-on-the-job mentality applied in a diverse international setting.
- Ambition and willingness to train student/university staff to safely use the cell lab.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and perform a variety of new techniques.
- Proficiency in English in both written and oral communication.
We make our selection based on the following general requirements:
- You should have earned at least an MSc degree at a recognized institute for higher education in Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related subjects.
- You should have previous experience in Cell Laboratories management.
- Preferably, you should have experience in setting up a Cell laboratory.
- You should be able to communicate well in english (written and oral).
- You should be able to work well in a team and have a supportive mindset.
Your resume should contain contact information of prior advisors/supervisors who can provide feedback.
- A salary according to the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities, plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
- The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
- Discount with health insurers.
- Flexible working week.
- Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice budget.
- Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
- Partially paid parental leave
- Attention for working healthy and energetically with the vitality program.
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context.
At TU Delft we embrace diversity as one of our core values and we actively engage to be a university where you feel at home and can flourish. We value different perspectives and qualities. We believe this makes our work more innovative, the TU Delft community more vibrant and the world more just. Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale. That is why we invite you to apply. Your application will receive fair consideration.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) brings together three disciplines - electrical engineering, mathematics and computer science. Combined, they reinforce each other and are the driving force behind the technology we use in our daily lives. Technology such as the electricity grid, which our faculty is helping to make future-proof. We are also working on a world in which humans and computers reinforce each other. We are mapping out disease processes using single cell data, and using mathematics to simulate gigantic ash plumes after a volcanic eruption. There is plenty of room here for ground-breaking research. We educate innovative engineers and have excellent labs and facilities that underline our strong international position. In total, more than 1,100 employees and 4,000 students work and study in this innovative environment.
Click here to go to the website of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dr. Tiago Costa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before March 31, 2023, via the application button and upload your motivation and CV.
- A pre-employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Computational Biologist, VIB, Belgium, about 21 hours ago
The Laboratory of Computational Biology (www.aertslab.org ) is part of the KU Leuven Center for Human Genetics and the VIB Center for Brain and Disease Research. We are interested in decoding the ...
Technician B Cell Analysis, Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation (Sanquin), Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
The position: The technician will support a post-doc who will study the modulatory effect of tolDC on human B cells (naïve and memory) in in vitro assays. Since B cell responses in vivocan either ...
Fachbereich Veterinärmedizin Institut Für Veterinär Biochemie Research Assistant (Praedoc) (M/F/D ) With 65% Part Time Job Limited To 3 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: We03 Sfrp1 Bewerbungsende: 10.04.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 6 hours ago
Job description: A position for a Research Assistant (PraeDoc) (m/f/d) TV-L13 (65%)) is available in the laboratory of Dr Torsten Stein at the Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry FU-Berlin, Germa...
Bioinformatician/Computer Scientist For Single Cell Multiomic Analysis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, about 7 hours ago
The Faculteit Geneeskunde en Farmacie, Department Basis (bio)-medische wetenschappen, is looking for a predoctoral researcher. More concretely your work package contains: The Movahedi lab at the V...
Bioinformatician For The Single Cell Omics Platform, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 5 days ago
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are seeking a bioinformatician to strengthen our abilities to draw ro...
Analyst Stem Cell Platform, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Apply now The Faculty of Science, Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) is looking for an Analyst - Stem cell platform Project description The Leiden Academic Center for Drug Research (...