As Business Developer at the faculty of Applied Sciences (AS) you are at the table with scientists and their (potential) partners from corporates, SME’s, academics, and startups.
TU Delft is one of the top-20 best universities in Europe and one of the top-20 best technical universities in the world. It has a leading position in research and innovation in various fields, mostly in collaboration with partners from academics, business and society. The department Corporate Innovation has been established especially for collaborations with business.
At the faculty of Applied Sciences research is performed on key technologies such as quantum- and nanosciences, photonics, imaging, biotechnology, synthetic biology, energy conversion and storage, and (bio)materials. As Business Developer you play a key role to develop funded research projects and programs together with the scientists and their partners. You guide the entire process from idea until project agreement and play an active role in connecting to internal and external networks.
As Business Developer:
- You play a key role to develop funded research projects in the framework of public private partnerships
- You build and maintain long term relations with existing and new collaboration partners
- You actively seed for funding opportunities from businesses
- You support researchers and partners with exploring research topics of common interest
- You connect to leading businesses on the faculty themes with researchers, fieldlabs and other activities within TU Delft
- You have the ability to act as project manager in building public private partnerships.
You have experience with innovation from science to business, showing your entrepreneurship and creativity in problem solving strategies. You are a strong communicator and feel comfortable in a role of coordinating and connecting in an academic environment. You easily connect to top scientists and higher management in companies. You have an eye for the challenges that businesses are facing. You have an analytical mindset and are capable to quickly catch the essential information from research agenda’s and project ideas. You’re a team player and at the same time able to create your own results. You’re able to recognize roles, tasks and functions of people involved in setting up public private partnerships.. You’re flexible and able to work with deadlines.
Furthermore, you have:
- An academic work level and experience in a connecting role
- Specific knowledge and affinity with (one or more of) the key technologies from the faculty of Applied Sciences
- Relevant business experience, such as in a corporate environment or at a high tech startup
- A relevant network or capable to build such a network
- Excellent communication skills. For this position, you must be able to communicate in both English and Dutch.
- Duration of contract is 1 year with prospect of permanent.
- A job of 32-40 hours per week.
- A salary based on scale 11 of the CAO for Dutch Universities with a minimum of €3.974,- and a maximum of €5.439,- gross per month based on a fulltime contract (38 hours), plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
- The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
- Discount with health insurers.
- Flexible working week.
- Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice budget.
- Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
- Partially paid parental leave
- Attention for working healthy and energetically with the vitality program.
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context.
At TU Delft we embrace diversity as one of our core values and we actively engage to be a university where you feel at home and can flourish. We value different perspectives and qualities. We believe this makes our work more innovative, the TU Delft community more vibrant and the world more just. Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale. That is why we invite you to apply. Your application will receive fair consideration.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
You will join the Innovation & Impact Centre (I&IC), which is responsible for valorisation - the university's third core task alongside education and research. We are committed to ensure that the knowledge and technology we develop at TU Delft benefits society. The work at I&IC is diverse and ranges from advising on research funding to setting up large public-private partnerships. We are also engaged in the development of the TU Delft Campus as an innovation ecosystem. We encourage entrepreneurship, (inter)national cooperation and strategic planning in the field of innovation.
Depending on your profile, you will work in the field of research funding (both NL and EU), intellectual property, public affairs, corporate innovations, campus development, projects or innovation affairs. The I&IC is located at the heart of the TU Delft Campus, the vibrant innovation ecosystem that houses almost 300 companies, knowledge institutions, field labs, (pre-)incubators, restaurants and cafés in addition to the university. An inspiring place where you surround yourself daily with students, researchers, entrepreneurs and other innovative minds; all driven by the same mission: impact for a better society.
For more information about this position, please contact Denise Jacobs, email: D.I.Jacobs@tudelft.nl .
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before March 20th, 2023 via the application button and upload your motivation and CV.
- A pre-employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- Please do not contact us for unsolicited services.
Associate Professor In Planetary Exploration, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 27 days ago
Associate Professor in Planetary Exploration Associate Professor in Planetary Exploration Published Deadline Location today 15 Jun Delft Job description The Department of Space Engineering (SpE) h...
Assistant Professor (Academic Career Track) In Technology & Entrepreneurial Marketing, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 16 days ago
Assistant professor (academic career track) in Technology & Entrepreneurial Marketing Assistant professor (academic career track) in Technology & Entrepreneurial Marketing Published Deadline Locat...
Assistant Professor (Academic Career Track) In International Technology Based Entrepreneurship, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 16 days ago
Assistant professor (academic career track) in International Technology-Based Entrepreneurship Assistant professor (academic career track) in International Technology-Based Entrepreneurship Publis...
Co Creating Circular Value, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 30 days ago
Co-creating circular value Co-creating circular value Published Deadline Location today 1 Jun Delft Are you eager to make a meaningful contribution towards advancing the circular economy? Then thi...
Assistant Or Associate Professor Specialising In Fundamental Astrodynamics, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 8 days ago
31 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country ...
Co Creating Circular Value, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 28 days ago
10 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application ...