3 Nov 2023
University of Twente (UT)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Leading Researcher (R4)
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
3 Dec 2023 - 22:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The University of Twente, Faculty ITC wishes to increase the number of women in the faculty in order to have a more balanced staff profile. During all phases of the selection process, we will therefore prioritize selecting women who fit the profile.
You will develop a research direction and educational profile within the ambitions of the Faculty ITC, University of Twente, and the Netherlands sector of Earth and Environmental Sciences. You will (co-) supervise graduate students, as well as collaborate with our e-Learning specialists to develop educational materials for a diversity of MSc programs: our faculty-wide MSc programs M-Geo and M-SE, and our national and European joint MSc degrees GIMA and MSc Cartography. You will have at your disposal our visualization lab, with its innovative equipment for VR/AR/XR, and eye-tracking usability research.
You will take ownership of coordination and management tasks throughout the faculty, particularly in the joint MSc programs. You will also take an active approach towards strengthening our national Earth and Environmental Sciences network. You will contribute to ITC’s mission of capacity development and institutional strengthening.
- A PhD degree in cartography, data and/or information visualization, geo-informatics, geography, or a related field
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: cartography, (geo-)data/information visualization, (big data) visual analytics, AR/VR/XR, ethics in geo-visualization, and cognition and usability testing
- Leadership skills in (inter)national academic networks
- Prior research demonstrates implementation into practical applications and collaboration with partners
- Track record of practicing Open Science and following FAIR data principles
- Experience in teaching, including (online) lecturing and tutoring at an academic level, and supervision of graduate students and emerging researchers
- Interest in capacity development and a willingness to undertake international travel to low- and middle-income countries
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage
The following is an advantage:
- Experience in online learning modes of education
- A Dutch University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If you do not have this UTQ already, you have to obtain this within 2 years after starting your employment
- An inspiring multidisciplinary, international and academic environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda
- Position for initially one year (full-time), after which your position can become permanent, subject to a successful evaluation
- Gross monthly salary between € 6,002.- and € 7,025.- (depending on experience and qualifications, job profile Associate Professor, level 2 or 1). This is the maximum start salary with growth opportunities
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for professional and personal development
- A solid pension scheme
- A total of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment
- Costs for moving to Enschede may be reimbursed
Please submit your application before 4 December 2023. Your application has to include (i) a letter outlining your motivation and fit for the position, and (ii) a CV with two references. 1st round (online) interviews will be held in week 51 (18 to 21 December 2023). 2nd round (onsite) interviews will be held in January 2024.
A public guest lecture to the ITC staff may be part of the selection process.
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Universiteit Twente
- Postal Code
- Drienerlolaan 5
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Assistant Professor Accessible And Responsible Artificial Intelligence For Geographic Information Science And Earth Observation, University of Twente, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Vacancies Assistant Professor Accessible and responsible Artificial Intelligence for Geographic Information Science and Earth Observation Key takeaways The University of Twente, Faculty ITC wishe...
Assistant/Associate Professor In Mathematics Of Scientific Machine Learning, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 19 days ago
Assistant/Associate Professor in Mathematics of Scientific Machine Learning Assistant/Associate Professor in Mathematics of Scientific Machine Learning Published Deadline Location today 20 Apr Ens...
Labtechnicus Bms Lab, University of Twente, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Projectcontroller, University of Twente, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Assistant/Associate Professor In Mathematical Statistics Or Statistical Learning, University of Twente, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Vacancies Assistant/Associate Professor in mathematical statistics or statistical learning Key takeaways Within the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS), th...
Assistant/Associate Professor In Mathematics Of Scientific Machine Learning, University of Twente, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Vacancies Assistant/Associate Professor in Mathematics of Scientific Machine Learning Key takeaways We offer a position in the Mathematics of Imaging & AI group within the Department of Applied M...