- Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary: € 5,275 - € 6,421
- Nijmegen School of Management
- Required background: PhD
- Application deadline: 21 November 2021
Getting the best out of science requires ambitious and enthusiastic researchers who wish to expand their knowledge and experience. As an Associate Professor in International Business, you will be committed to further strengthening research and teaching in the collaborative environment of the Department of Business Administration.
The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management (Radboud University) is looking for an associate professor in the field of international business for its Strategic Management Group. As Associate Professor of International Business, you will be an internationally active researcher in the field of International Business. Research interests of the group centre on market and non-market strategic behaviour, multinational companies, transitions, business models, strategic decision making, governance, networks, innovation, and performance of responsible organisations.
You should have a proven track record of publications in high-quality peer-reviewed scholarly journals and are an accomplished teacher at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. You will teach courses in the Bachelor's degree programme in Business Administration and the Master's specialisations in Strategic Management and International Business. You will be expected to supervise Bachelor's and Master's students and PhD candidates working on their theses and contribute to the development of research in line with the Department's Responsible Organization research programme.
As an active researcher, you will be expected to obtain funding from governmental, European and/or private institutions, and to publish regularly in leading international academic journals. Above all we are seeking a highly motivated, committed and collaborative candidate to further strengthen our department.
- You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist, and a strong team player, passionate about both research and education.
- You have a PhD degree in business administration or a related field.
- You have an excellent scientific reputation, evidenced by an strong publication record in internationally recognised high-quality journals on international business and strategic management topics.
- Active involvement in international collaborative networks and strong connections to organisational and business practice.
- Proven experience in attracting research funding from research councils and other external parties.
- At least five years of experience in teaching in the field of international business or global strategic management at a university level.
- Good teaching qualities, an enthusiasm for teaching and working with students, and the capacity to develop and implement innovative teaching methods as well as the ability to coordinate academic courses or study programmes. A Dutch university teaching qualification (BKO or UKO) or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to supervise and inspire PhD candidates, to cooperate across disciplinary boundaries and to support an academic organisation in its administrative tasks as evidenced by coordination of a study programme and/or membership of internal committees and councils (e.g. a scientific advisory committee or examination board).
- Outstanding English language skills and a willingness to learn Dutch.
The Nijmegen School of Management (NSM) is an academic centre of research and higher education, focusing on institutional and managerial issues within complex organisations. There are seven disciplines within NSM: Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, Economics and Business Economics, Social and Political Sciences of the Environment, Human Geography, and Spatial Planning. NSM strives for a multidisciplinary approach.
The educational programme is characterised by small-scale teaching and provides a stimulating learning environment with an emphasis on the development of academic skills. NSM employs 330 FTEs, 75% of whom are academics. Currently, NSM has approximately 5,000 students. NSM's research activities fall under the responsibility of the interdisciplinary Institute for Management Research (IMR). Under the motto 'Creating Knowledge for Society', IMR focuses on academic research into the development, design and effectiveness of the public and private structures that regulate, govern or manage human interactions.
The Department of Business Administration is responsible for the BSc programmes in Business Administration (including a full track offered in English, and a track in International Business Administration) as well as eight specialisations within the MSc programme in Business Administration (all in English), including one in Strategic Management and one in International Business. The department's interdisciplinary research programme is called 'Responsible Organisation' and addresses the multiple values underlying responsibility, the conditions required to realise those values, and the interventions geared to the transition of organisations towards responsible organisations. The Department of Business Administration co-creates knowledge with multiple stakeholders in the wider community to ensure the impact of its scholarly work.
The Strategic Management group focuses on strategy processes in relation to the dynamic and complex international environment that organisations are confronted with and the competencies and skills required to deal with the diversity and plurality of stakeholders to create multiple values for an organization and its international surroundings. Members of the Strategic Management department have published in high-impact journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Global Strategy Journal, International Business Review, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of World Business, Long Range Planning, Journal of Law and Economics, Organization Studies, and Research Policy.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €5,275 and a maximum of €6,421 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 13 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 1,5 years with a permanent position after positive evaluation.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Prof. Hans van Kranenburg, Chair of Strategic Management Group at +31 24 361 23 82 or email@example.com .
Practical information and applications
You can apply until 21 November 2021, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Prof. Hans van Kranenburg. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- Letter of motivation.
- CV including a list of publications.
- Overview of teaching experience and teaching evaluations.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
We drafted this vacancy to find and hire our new colleague ourselves. Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from responding.
Teaching And Research Staff Faculty Of Engineering Computer Science Artificial Intelligence,..., University of Deusto, Spain, 8 days ago
● A lecturer and researcher with experience in the field of programming and artificial intelligence. ● Types of subjects: Advanced information modelling, decision-making systems and business intel...
Junior Lecturer In Economics, Business Economics And/Or Finance (0.8 1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is looking for enthusiastic junior lecturers in Economics, Business Economics and/or Finance. As a junior lecturer you are part of the teaching staf...
Assistant Professor/Lecturer In International Strategy, NORTHUMBRIA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University, is one of few business schools worldwide that have double AACSB accreditation both for Business and Accounting. We have an outstanding reputation...
Lecturer, International Business (Sgs Campus), RMIT University, Australia, 2 days ago
Overview: RMIT VIETNAM RMIT Vietnam , an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and profes...
The Department Of Management, Politics And Philosophy, Copenhagen Business School, Invites... (# Of Pos: 2), Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 9 days ago
in: Contract Law/Contract Management Marketing Law and Digital Transformations In announcing the professorships, the department wishes to strengthen the following areas: 1) Research in contract la...
Family Business Management, Freie Universität Bozen, Italy, 8 days ago
Research activity: The position is embedded in the project of the University’s family business management platform, which is dedicated to purse world-class research and business engagement in the ...