- Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary: € 5,294 - € 6,444
- Nijmegen School of Management
- Required background: PhD
- Application deadline: 3 July 2022
Are you an experienced teacher and researcher in the are of Corporate Governance and Strategic Management? Then you have a part to play as an Associate Professor in Corporate Governance for our Strategic Management group at Nijmegen School of Management, Radboud University. Corporate governance is at a turning point. Driven by grand challenges including climate emergency, the digitalization, and different forms of inequality, corporate leaders are re-examining the role of business with an increased emphasis on corporate purpose, decision making processes, and strategic behavior and, as a result, scrutiny of corporate boards has never been higher. Addressing the challenges and leveraging upon the opportunities will be critical factors in a successful Corporate Governance among organizations. Join our group to support organizations to make the necessarily changes and develop a corporate governance for the responsible organization.
The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management (Radboud University) is looking for an Associate Professor in the field of corporate governance for its Strategic Management Group.
As Associate Professor of Corporate Governance, you will be an internationally active researcher in the field of Strategic Management and Corporate Governance. You will be expected to contribute to the subject of the governance of strategic choices and actions of top management of responsible organisations. Research interests of the group centre on market and non-market strategic behaviour, multinational companies, transitions, business models, strategic decision making, governance, networks, innovation, and the performance of responsible organisations.
You are an accomplished teacher at the undergraduate and/or graduate level and have a proven track record of publications in high-quality peer-reviewed academic journals. You will teach courses in the Bachelor's degree programme in Business Administration and the Master's specialisations in Strategic Management and International Business. You will be expected to supervise Bachelor's and Master's students and PhD candidates working on their theses, and to contribute to the development of research in line with the Department's Responsible Organization research programme. As an active researcher, you will be expected to obtain funding from governmental, European and/or private institutions, and to publish regularly in leading international academic journals. As an associate professor, you will play an active role in the leadership of the department and NSM. Above all we are seeking a highly motivated, committed and collaborative candidate to further strengthen our department.
- You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist, and a strong team player, passionate about both research and education.
- You have a PhD degree in business administration or a related field.
- You have an excellent academic reputation, evidenced by a strong publication record in internationally recognised high-quality journals on corporate governance and strategic management topics.
- You are actively involved in international collaborative networks and have strong connections with organisational and business practice.
- You have proven experience in attracting research funding from research councils and other external parties.
- You have at least five years of experience in teaching in the field of corporate governance and strategic management at a university level.
- You have good teaching qualities, an enthusiasm for teaching and working with students, and the capacity to develop and implement innovative teaching methods as well as the ability to coordinate academic courses or study programmes. A Dutch university teaching qualification (BKO or UKO) or equivalent would be an advantage.
- You have a proven ability to supervise and inspire PhD candidates, to cooperate across disciplinary boundaries and to provide administrative support to an academic organisation as evidenced by coordination of a study programme and/or membership of internal committees and councils (e.g. a scientific advisory committee or examination board).
- You have outstanding English language skills and a willingness to learn Dutch.
The Nijmegen School of Management enables students, institutions and companies, societal actors and governments to play their part in a transformation towards sustainable societies. In doing so, the faculty is committed to Radboud University's mission in contributing to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. In the context of our 'Responsible governance for sustainable societies' mission, we address scientific and societal challenges from a good governance perspective. Our work focuses on the topics of Beyond Economy, Climate, Inclusivity, Safety, and Democracy. By building, questioning and extending the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG's), we acknowledge their interrelatedness and focus on a number of grand challenges within society. We contribute to innovation and sustainable growth with a focus on topics such as inequality, gender, decent work and poverty. Furthermore, we address and seek to resolve environmental and climate challenges. Academic research and teaching at the Nijmegen School of Management are carried out in challenging educational programmes. These programmes are offered in Business Administration; Economics and Business Economics; Geography, Planning and Environment; Political Science; and Public Administration. Academic research takes place within the Institute for Management Research (IMR). Research is carried out within the above-mentioned domains and in interdisciplinary research groups, which are called Hot Spots. NMS currently has 350 FTE staff and approximately 5,000 students.
The Department of Business Administration is responsible for the BSc programmes in Business Administration (including a full track offered in English, and a track in International Business Administration) as well as eight specialisations within the MSc programme in Business Administration (all in English), including one in Strategic Management and one in International Business. The department's interdisciplinary research programme is called 'Responsible Organisation' and addresses the multiple values underlying responsibility, the conditions required to realise those values, and the interventions geared to the transition of organisations towards responsible organisations. The Department of Business Administration co-creates knowledge with multiple stakeholders in the wider community to ensure the impact of its academic work.
The Strategic Management group focuses on strategy processes in relation to the dynamic and complex international environment that organisations are confronted with and the competencies and skills required to deal with the diversity and plurality of stakeholders to create multiple values for an organisation and its international surroundings. Members of the Strategic Management department have published in high-impact journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Global Strategy Journal, International Business Review, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of World Business, Long Range Planning, Journal of Law and Economics, Organization Studies, and Research Policy.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €5,294 and a maximum of €6,444 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 13 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a permanent employment.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Prof. Hans van Kranenburg, Chair of Strategic Management group at +31 24 361 23 82 or email@example.com .
Practical information and applications
You can apply until 3 July 2022, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Prof. Hans van Kranenburg. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV including a list of publications.
- An overview of your teaching experience and teaching evaluations.
The first round of interviews will take place on Wednesday 13 July. The second round of interviews will take place on Tuesday 23 August. You would preferably begin employment on 1 December 2022.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
We drafted this vacancy to find and hire our new colleague ourselves. Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from responding.
Assistant Professor Of Qualitative Empirical Methodology, Radboud University, Netherlands, 8 days ago
Assistant Professor of Qualitative Empirical Methodology Assistant Professor of Qualitative Empirical Methodology Published Deadline Location yesterday 4 Sep Nijmegen Job description Are you an en...
Horizon Msca 2021 Dn 01 01 (Dc3) Evolutionary Quantification Of Breast Density After Surgery Or..., Radboudumc, Netherlands, 26 days ago
Prof. Ioannis Sechopoulos and Dr. Marco Caballo, part of the Advanced X-ray Tomographic Imaging (AXTI) laboratory, established at the Department of Medical Imaging at Radboud University Medical Ce...
Research Technician, Radboud University, Netherlands, 9 days ago
Research Technician Research Technician Published Deadline Location yesterday 25 Aug Nijmegen Job description Are you passionate about technology and do you want to boost your career by working wi...
Assistant Professor Of Qualitative Empirical Methodology, EURAXESS, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Are you an enthusiastic scientist and teacher with expertise in qualitative empirical research? Then you have a part to play as an assistant professor. With your cutting edge research on responsib...
Tenure Track Assistant Professor With Education Profile In Accounting (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Since its founding in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. ...
Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor In Entrepreneurship, UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Full time continuing Opportunity to research and teach in entrepreneurship / innovation as well as the related fields of strategy at our internationally renowned and accredited University of Sydne...