As an Associate Professor in Wearable and Pervasive Computing, your role will be to contribute to advancing our research areas that intersect wearable technology, edge computing, machine learning, and augmented reality. You will contribute to the development and execution of our research agenda, fostering collaborations with industry partners and fellow researchers.
Your unique perspective will enrich our interdisciplinary team as you spearhead innovative research projects, mentor graduate students, and address the intricacies and prospects in the design and interplay of pervasive computing technologies at "the living edge" enabling the exploration of innovative applications in digital health, sports, wellbeing, and beyond.
- Spearhead and contribute to research initiatives at the confluence of wearable computing with edge computing, machine learning, augmented reality, and IoT systems.
- Engage in technological frontiers such as mobile and wearable computing, molecular and in-body networks, intelligent environments, and smart devices for both humans and animals.
- Innovate novel applications of pervasive technologies across domains such as healthcare, sports, smart cities, and mobility.
- Publish high-quality research in leading conferences and journals, contributing to the academic discourse in the field.
- Collaborate with industry counterparts to actualize research insights into tangible applications and solutions.
- Secure external funding through research proposals and partnerships with the industry.
- Mentor and supervise graduate students, fostering a collaborative and inclusive academic environment.
- Formulate and deliver courses aligned with our research themes, contributing to our educational pursuits.
- Shape the contours of our research agenda through your insight and involvement.
Information and application
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please submit your application before September 30, 2023 via the "Apply Now" button below, including:
- a curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, research and teaching statement);
- a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- 2 or 3 of your publications which you deem most relevant to this vacancy.
You are welcome to contact Prof. Dr. Paul Havinga (email@example.com) for any questions you might have.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our university. We encourage applications from all sections of society.
Full job interviews are scheduled on 9 and 16 October 2023.
About the department
The Pervasive Systems research group is a global pioneer in research and innovation in pervasive computing systems. We foresee a future in which the physical and virtual/digital worlds will intertwine, and that will be founded on data, connectivity, and intelligence. Seamless integration of computing with the physical world via sensors and actuators and computing systems can lead to a sustainable world.
Delivering fundamental smart sensing solutions for practical problems to provide society with higher living standards, greater safety, more comfort, and efficiency in a sustainable world. This can be reflected in relevant application areas including smart mobility, health care, sports, biodiversity and environmental monitoring.
We develop groundbreaking innovative and smart sensing solutions in several application domains that can have an impact on society. The combination of our leadership in smart sensing systems, wireless networking technologies, embedded AI and computer vision expertise is what makes us unique.
About the organisation
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) uses mathematics, electronics and computer technology to contribute to the development of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). With ICT present in almost every device and product we use nowadays, we embrace our role as contributors to a broad range of societal activities and as pioneers of tomorrow's digital society. As part of a people-first tech university that aims to shape society, individuals and connections, our faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad, and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. Our research has a high profile both in the Netherlands and internationally. It has been accommodated in three multidisciplinary UT research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centre and Digital Society Institute.
Biomedical Engineer, Harvard University, United States, about 16 hours ago
01-Dec-2023 Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences 64495BR Job Summary Are you excited by working on cutting edge research and technology development in the area of wea...
Researching And Teaching Assistant Professor, University of Lodz, Poland, 4 days ago
28 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Lodz Department Faculty of Philosophy and History Research Field History » Art history Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) ...
Research Associate, Singapore Wearable Enabled Health Impact Study, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 28 days ago
4 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Biological sciences Sociology Ethics in health sciences Mathematics Researcher Profile Recognised Re...
Position In Ai Based Biomedical Signal Analysis, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain, 3 days ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Polytechnic University of Valencia Department Electronic Engineering Research Field Engineering » Biomedical engineering Engineering » Electrical e...
Assistant Professor In Sustainable Innovation In The Global Fashion Industry, University of Alberta, Canada, about 13 hours ago
Start Date: July 1, 2024 Location: University of Alberta, North Campus, Edmonton The Position The Department of Human Ecology, Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences, invites appli...
Research Engineer, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
About Khalifa University Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to ...