9 Sep 2023
Maastricht University (UM)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Leading Researcher (R4)
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
24 Sep 2023 - 21:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The department of Marketing & Supply Chain Management (School of Business and Economics) is committed to providing high-quality education and to conducting high-quality research. We invite candidates in Supply Chain Management (including any sub-field such as Logistics, Operations management, Purchasing and Supply management) to apply. We particularly invite applications from candidates with expertise in Digitalization of supply chains, Sustainable Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain Innovation, Supply Chain Operations, and/or Logistics. The candidate should have a track record of empirical research in such a domain and a willingness to engage with others inside and outside the department to expand this research line further. This is a position with a duration of 4 years, with the possibility of extension and early permanency depending on research, education, outreach, citizenship, service, and funding acquisition performance. .
The department also includes the Brightlands Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (BISCI ), an innovative Triple Helix institute focused on developing smart and sustainable innovations within supply chain ecosystems. BISCI actively crosses over among the separate Brightlands campuses (independently focused on data, raw materials, nutrition, and health) and is embedded in existing supply chain ecosystems, in the region and beyond. The institute offers the candidate unique opportunities to collaborate with business and public organisations and to develop novel research streams in the domain of ecosystem governance.
We are looking for a colleague who is committed to excellence in research and executive teaching. The candidate has a proven track record of research published in the top SCM/OM journals and is an active member of the SCM research community and journal editorial boards. We are seeking a colleague that can work with our faculty and PhDs to continue and expand these lines of inquiry. The candidate will teach (post)graduate, or executive courses through our face-to-face, problem-based learning (PBL) instructional format, supervise Master and PhD students and contribute to the department's educational development activities. Moreover, the candidate is interested in collaborating with public/private organisations and is empowered to create impact to the outside world via BISCI.
The department offers a stimulating research environment and encourages its members to enhance their (inter)national research network. As a result, the candidate will participate in our research and educational development activities, and is receptive for teamwork within our department, school, and university. We are seeking for a colleague who will support and elevate our ambitious SCM group in its research goals.
In addition, the candidate will contribute to educational Innovation, which is high on the strategic agenda of the School of Business and Economics, University Maastricht. A critical success factor is the development and implementation of state-of-the-art courses in (under)graduate programs. The candidate will serve as a course coordinator for at least one course per year. Given the nature of PBL, the course coordinator is also responsible for the coaching and instruction of tutors.
Apart from education and research, our school also recognizes and rewards societal impact and academic leadership. The candidate is expected to transfer knowledge and expertise to the outside world (societal impact). For example, through projects for companies via BISCI or involvement in our executive programs. Finally, all faculty takes responsibility for administrative services at the department or school at large (academic leadership). The allocation of tasks is done by matching needs of the department and personal preferences.
We are looking for the following in the ideal candidate, by the time of appointment:
- A PhD in Supply Chain Management (or subdomains such as operations management, logistics, purchasing and supply management), or a related field;
- A strong research profile, evidenced by a track record of scientific publications in top journals in SCM (e.g. JOM, IJOPM, JBL, POM, SCM:IJ, JSCM, JPSM);
- A research agenda that accommodates digitalisation and sustainability themes are a plus;
- Extensive experience in supervising PhD students;
- Active member of SCM-relevant communities such as Academy of Management (OSCM division), Production and Operations Management Society (POMS), and the European Operations Management Associations (EurOMA);
- Experience in teaching and/or coordinating graduate courses;
As an Associate/Full Professor in Supply Chain Management at The School of Business and Economics, you will be employed by the most international university of the Netherlands, located in the beautiful city of Maastricht. In addition, we offer you:
- Good employment conditions. The position is integrated in scale 13 or H2 according to the UFO profile Associate professor 2 (UHD2) – Full Professor 2 with corresponding salary ranging from € 6.002 to €9.680 gross per month (based on a full-time employment of 38 hours per week). In addition to the monthly salary, an 8.0% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus are applicable;
- An employment contract for a period of 48 months with a scope of 1.0 FTE. If proven suitable, the employment contract will be converted into an indefinite contract.;·
- As family-friendly University, we offer flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home if the nature of your position allows it. You will receive a monthly commuting and internet allowance for this. If you work full-time, you will be entitled to 29 vacation days and 4 additional public holidays per year, namely carnival Monday, carnival Tuesday, Good Friday, and Liberation Day. If you choose to accumulate compensation hours, an additional 12 days will be added. Furthermore, you can personalize your employment conditions through a collective labor agreement (CAO) choice model;
- As Maastricht University, we offer various other excellent secondary employment conditions. These include a good pension scheme with the ABP and the opportunity for UM employees to participate in company fitness and make use of the extensive sports facilities that we also offer to our students;
- Non-Dutch applicant could be eligible for a favorable tax treatment (30% tax benefit rule);
- Last but certainly not least, we provide the space and facilities for your personal and professional development. We facilitate this by offering a wide range of training programs and supporting various well-established initiatives such as 'acknowledge and appreciate'.
The terms of employment at Maastricht University are largely set out in the Collective Bargaining Agreement of Dutch Universities. In addition, local provisions specific to UM apply. For more information, Click here
Or are you already convinced and ready to become our new Associate/Full Professor? Apply now, no later than 24 September 2023, for this position.
Interested applicants should submit:
1. a letter of motivation of maximum 2 A4-pages
2. a curriculum vitae
3. a statement how the own research and teaching vision and interests fit within our department.
You can respond to this vacancy by sending the above mentioned documents by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the vacancy number AT2023.435
Maastricht University is committed to promoting and nurturing a diverse and inclusive community. We believe that diversity in our staff and student population contributes to the quality of research and education at UM, and strive to enable this through inclusive policies and innovative projects led by teams of staff and students. We encourage you to apply for this position.
Please note, the system cannot upload the following attachments (xyz.zip .htm .html).
Are you interested in this exciting position but still have questions? Feel free to contact Prof. Dr. Caroline Goukens, department chair of Marketing and Supply Chain Management (email@example.com ) for more information.
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Maastricht University
- Postal Code
- 6211 LM
- Tongersestraat 53
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Project Leader At Maastricht University's Centre For Entrepreneurship And Innovation, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 10 days ago
The School of Business and Economics The School of Business and Economics (SBE) is one of Maastricht University’s six faculties. Our mission is to contribute to a better world by addressing societ...
Lecturer In Supply Chain & Logistics, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 8 hours ago
Kia hiwa rā! At Unitec - part of Te Pukenga, we're passionate about the power of education to positively change the lives of our learners, their family and wider communities. We make sure our lear...
Eng D Position: Developing Digital Twins For Construction Supply Chain Management, University of Twente, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Vacancies EngD position: Developing digital twins for construction supply chain management Key takeaways The Netherlands is facing substantial construction logistics challenges. A rapid reductio...
Postdoc Production Of Green Hydrogen And Methanol, Helmholtz, Germany, 5 days ago
Your Job: You will work on the production of green hydrogen and methanol as transportable energy carrier and commodity chemical. An overall process chain consisting of direct air capture, solid ox...
Pearson Collegiate Faculty Fellow Of Agribusiness And Entrepreneurship, Virginia Tech, United States, about 7 hours ago
The Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AAEC) invites applications for a unique endowed position in agribusiness management and entrepreneurship. The successful candidate is expected...
The Carter Center: Logistician, Overseas Operations, Emory University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...