Would you like to be part of one of the leading institutes in electromechanics research? Contributing to specialized, unconventional, and high-performing electromechanical actuation systems for high-tech semicon, medical, transport, and energy conversion systems? In this position, your research will keep pushing the physical limits of such actuation systems to meet and realize the ever-increasing demands from industry and society.
This unique opportunity gives you the chance to live and work in one of the most powerful technology hubs in the world: Brainport Eindhoven. Globally, we stand out when it comes to collaboration with advanced industries. Together with the university-wide institutes (e.g. EAISI and EIRES), we form a thriving ecosystem with one common aim – to improve the quality of life through sustainable innovations. Setting up strong, strategic collaborations within TU/e and with industry in the areas of high-tech systems, health, energy, and mobility are enabled through our involvement in these institutes. This provides the opportunity to expand your network to other groups and departments at TU/e. In addition, you will be linked to the external network of companies, research organizations, funding agencies, and collaborative networks.
As a newly appointed faculty member, you will be working in the Electromechanics and Power Electronics (EPE) group at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). Next to your research quality, your educational skills are very important as you will develop and teach courses at both undergraduate and graduate level.
We look forward to welcoming electromechanical and mechatronics scientists with either a strong electrical or mechanical background, complemented with electromagnetics expertise. The knowledge of advanced materials, energy conversion engineering, and modern IT tools would be an added value. We see future electromechanical systems as a part of cyber-physical systems, and with these competences, you are well-equipped to contribute to formulating our corresponding scientific and educational roadmap.
Electromechanics and Power Electronics Group
The Electromechanics and Power Electronics (EPE) group has the most advanced electromechanics and power electronics laboratories in the Netherlands (680+ m2 floor space). It contains the state-of-the-art facilities for testing and validation of electromechanical and power electronic systems: Various permanent magnet and reluctance rotary and spherical motors; highly accurate linear and planar magnetic levitation systems; high-voltage and superconducting actuators; electromagnetic suspension and vibration-isolation systems; high-speed and flux-switching machines, and; integrated actuation and wireless energy-transfer systems, with a wide variety of power electronic converters with advanced embedded control.
The EPE group is one of the nine research groups of the Department of Electrical Engineering at TU/e. The group is the main center for research in electromechanical power conversion and power electronics in the Netherlands. The five research tracks within the EPE group are:
- Advanced multi-physical modeling, including materials.
- Electric mobility and transport.
- High-tech, cyber-physical, and mechatronic systems and robotics (including cryogenic, wireless, and advanced drives concepts).
- Energy conversion systems.
- Artificial intelligence and digital twins of cyber-physical systems.
Furthermore, the EPE group is one of the founders of the High-Tech Systems Center in which all mechatronic knowledge of the TU/e is bundled.
- A PhD degree in Applied Physics, or Electrical, Power, Mechatronics, or Aerospace Engineering.
- Strong affinity with physics, mathematics, and advanced modeling.
- High international reputation, demonstrated by an outstanding academic record and an internationally recognized research program.
- Experience in management of professionals, aimed at developing people and creating synergy.
- Strong industrial and academic network; proven by joint collaborations, projects, and publications.
- Substantial research experience abroad.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills demonstrating the potential of building your own research team.
- Excellent proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
Conditions of employment
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Information and application
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is ranked as one of the most innovative universities located in the heart of the high-tech industry in the Netherlands, the Brainport region. The unique positioning in one of Europe’s leading tech regions also means excellent job opportunities for spouses. TU/e actively facilitates career opportunities for partners of successful candidates. Eindhoven is the fifth largest city in the Netherlands, and including suburbs, it has about 420,000 inhabitants.
Our training and research programs are highly regarded, and we foster close relationships with companies, organizations, and research institutes in the Brainport region and beyond. Fundamental and applied research are equally valued here. The high rank of the TU/e is due to the impact of its scientific research and also to its scientific co-publications with industry. TU/e is a social and inspiring university with a vibrant culture. Surrounded by people who share your scientific ambitions, we translate our basic research into meaningful solutions. The TU/e currently has nine departments, with over 11,000 students in total.
Curious to hear more about what it is like to work as a professor at TU/e? Please view the video.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
prof.dr. E.A. Lomonova, e.lomonova[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, please contact Cyndi Geurts, Recruiter,
c.g.geurts[at]tue.nl, +31 621167031.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs .
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages)
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Full Professor Ethics Of Technology (1,0 Fte) , Eindhoven University of Technology ;, Netherlands, 8 days ago
The Philosophy and Ethics group at Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands seeks a full professor in Ethics of Technology, with specific interests in ethical issues concerning smart ...
University Professor Specialist Field Of Power Electronics, Technical University of Vienna, Austria, 17 days ago
TU Wien is Austria's largest institution of research and higher education in the fields of technology and natural sciences. With over 26,000 students and more than 4000 scientists, research, teach...
Full Professor In Applied Algebra And Geometry, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 11 days ago
Are you driven by research in applied algebra and geometry? Are you a bridge builder and are you experienced in collaboration with engineers and industry? Do you have a vision for building up a re...
Assistant Professors In Statistics (# Of Pos: 2), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 3 days ago
The Statistics, Probability and Operations Research (SPOR) cluster of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) intends to fill two full-time ...
Senior Design Engineer Bioprocess Design, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 2 days ago
The TU Delft has a position available within the Bio Process Engineering PDEng Program for a part-time (24 hours/week) Senior Design Engineer (PDEng Coach/Mentor) in the area of bioprocess design ...
12 Ph Ds Positions For Electrical And Material Engineers Doctoral Network Safe... (# Of Pos: 12), Eindhoven Technical University, Europe, 13 days ago
Applications are invited for 12 PhD positions (“Doctoral Researchers”) to be funded by the Marie-Skłodowska-Curie Doctoral Network “PARASOL – European Doctoral Network for Safe and Sustainable Ele...