You are a dynamic and ambitious researcher with a strong profile, demonstrable by international publications and an international academic network. We are looking for an assistant professor in queer and/or transgender media studies and cultural analysis. Candidates should have expertise in past and present scholarship in queer and/or transgender theory, in combination with research and teaching in media studies and/or literary and cultural analysis. We welcome expertise in additional areas in dialogue with queer and/or transgender studies, such as globalisation studies, gender studies, critical race studies, disability studies, and intersectionality studies. You research matches the profile of the Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis.
The successful candidate will be based in the Media Studies Department with a half-time appointment in the Department of Literary Studies and Linguistics, in the Literary and Cultural Analysis (LCA) group. Combining perspectives from Comparative Literature, Cultural Studies and Philosophy, LCA is dedicated to research and teaching on contemporary culture. The aim is to make sense of works of literature, art, and visual culture through detailed, theoretically formed analyses that reflect on how these works connect to urgent contemporary social and political questions.
We seek someone with the ability to contribute teaching to both Media Studies and LCA in line with a strong research profile in queer and/or transgender studies. The candidate is able to teach existing lecture and seminar courses in the BA programmes of Media and Culture, in the BA of Literary and Cultural Analysis, the MA programmes Television and Cross Media Culture and/or Film Studies, the MA programme Comparative Cultural Analysis and Comparative Literature, and the research-MA programmes Media Studies and/or Cultural Analysis and Literary Studies. Important is proven flexibility in teaching on topics beyond your own research focus, a willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams of teachers and the ability to offer inspiring lectures and tutorials in the BA, MA and minor programmes that aspire to a wide range of students.
Your experience and profile:
- holds PhD in Humanities or Social Sciences with a research focus on queer and/or transgender media studies and cultural analysis;
- holds an international academic network in the research area concerned;
- provides research output commensurate with the level of the position;
- active and ambitious researcher with a strong publication record;
- affinity and experience with interdisciplinary research;
- demonstrable ability and ambition to obtain external research grants;
- wide and relevant teaching experience at BA and MA level;
- excellent command (near-native fluency) of both Dutch and English: Non-native Dutch speakers must achieve an active and passive command of Dutch within two years (passing the state examination for Dutch as a Second Language programme II, is a prerequisite for a permanent employment contract);
- experience with digital and audio-visual teaching facilities and affinity with ICT in university teaching;
- experienced in valorisation and practice-based education and/or research;
- good team worker and versatile at all levels, capable of multidisciplinary co-operation;
- excellent organisational experience and skills;
- acquired the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification, or is willing to acquire this within the first two years.
Research that entails collaboration with non-academic institutions and agencies in the Netherlands, Europe, and beyond is highly welcome.
Full Professor Of Modern/Contemporary European Literature And Culture, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
Apply now The Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS) is looking for a Full Professor of Modern/Contemporary European Literature and Culture Project description Leiden University ...
Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Lecturer Tv And Film Production , Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University ;, China, 2 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Film and Television Arts University Overview Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI uni...
Professorship In Media Aesthetics And Media Technology (W2/W3), LEUPHANA UNIVERSITY OF LUENEBURG, Europe, about 13 hours ago
HUMANISTIC. SUSTAINABLE. ENTREPRENEURIAL. To achieve its educational aims, Leuphana University has developed a unique program aligned with the ideas of liberal education and humanism and has foun...
Associate Professor /Assistant Professor/Lecturer, Tv And Film Production, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
DEPARTMENT: School of Film and Television Arts, Academy of Media and Creative Technology ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Specialised in Sound Arts/ TV Studio Production/Screenwriting and Creative Writing/ or...
Modernizing Empires: Enlightenment, Nationalist Vanguards And Non Western Literary Modernities, ALMA MATER STUDIORUM - UNIVERSITA' DI BOLOGNA - - DIPARTIMENTO DI LINGUE, LETTERATURE E CULTURE MODERNE, Italy, 5 days ago
Conduct and publish high-quality research within the framework of the ERC project NONWESTLIT, a comparative study of cultural reforms, linguistic renewal and literary renaissance movements in thre...
Associate Professor / Assistant Professor In Tv And Mediaproduction, University of Stavanger, Norway, 13 days ago
Job description The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a position as Associate Professor in TV- and mediaproduction at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Media- and Social S...