4 May 2023
University of Twente (UT)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
29 May 2023 - 21:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
As part of the strategic program "Personalized eHealth technology", we are looking for a highly motivated assistant professor with expertise in biosensing. The aim of this strategic program is to improve our health care by e-health strategies. Key for this, is the ability to measure the health status of an individual. To be able to monitor chronic diseases or perform early diagnosis, new, innovative biosensors need to be developed enabling the measurement of biomarkers in body fluids over time. In this field you will develop new lines of funded research and contribute to the supervision of PhD students. To make a quick start, you will receive a start-up package for this position, which can be used to hire a PhD student.
Contributing to teaching is part of this position.
For this you will (co-)teach in existing courses that are already given by the BIOS group and be involved in the development of new courses. Furthermore you will supervise BSc and/or MSc students from Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nanotechnology and/or Applied Physics for their final assignment.
This assistant professor position is part of the 'sectorplannen 2', and therefore you will work in close collaboration with colleagues from the integrated circuit design (ICD) and biomedical signals and systems (BSS) group.
- You hold a PhD degree in a relevant area of research, such as lab on a chip systems, (bio)sensors or micro- and nanofluidic systems.
- You are an enthusiastic and highly motivated researcher, with team spirit and who is not afraid to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- You have a creative mindset and excellent analytical skills.
- You have experience in acquiring external funding and the drive to apply for external projects.
- You possess a (equivalent of) University Teaching Qualification or are willing to obtain this, and have the ambition to become a skilled and collegial teacher.
- You possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English (C1 or C2).
- We offer a structural position in a very stimulating scientific environment, with a contract for 12-18 months. After positive evaluation, the contract can be converted into a permanent contract.
- Your salary and associated conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO-NU);
- Gross salary between € 3.974,- and € 6.181 per month depending on experience and qualifications;
- Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme;
- Between 29 and 41 leave days in case of full-time employment;
- Excellent support and facilities for professional and personal development.
- We are also a family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners.
Are you interested in this position? Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button below before 29 May 2023 and include:
- A detailed CV
- A motivation letter
- List of publications
- Contact details of referees
- Plan of your research and educational ambitions (max. 2 A4)
For more information regarding this position, you are welcome to contact Loes Segerink (email@example.com )
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Universiteit Twente
- Postal Code
- Drienerlolaan 5
Where to apply
- Postal Code
(Bio)Statistician/Informatician (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
(Bio)Statistician/Informatician (1.0 FTE) (V23.0610) « Back to the overview Job description We are seeking for a person to strengthen our growing PharmacoTherapy, -Epidemiology&-Economics group, w...
Planning And Insights Manager Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Planning and Insights Manager Full time permanent Based in Rotorua Who Are We? Scion is a Crown Research Institute at the centre of scientific research and technology development for forestry, woo...
Professor Of Chemical Engineering, KU LEUVEN, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Professor of Chemical Engineering: Modeling Transport Phenomena and Properties for Soft Matter in Bio- and Health Applications KU Leuven has a vacancy for a full-time (junior or senior) professor ...
Chair Professor / Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor, Great Bay University, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Faculty Positions at Great Bay University, China Great Bay University (GBU) is a newly established public university situated at the heart of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), ...
Planning And Insights Advisor Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Planning and Insights Advisor Full time permanent Based in Rotorua Our team is growing! We are looking for a Planning and Insights Advisor to join our Rotorua based team. Who Are We? Scion is a Cr...
(Bio)Statistician/Informatician (1.0 Fte), AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
We are seeking for a person to strengthen our growing PharmacoTherapy, -Epidemiology&-Economics group, who is passionate about solving complex analytical problems in pharmacy research/post-marketi...