- 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- Gross monthly salary
- € 3,974 - € 5,439
- Required background
- Organizational unit
- Nijmegen School of Management
- Application deadline
- 01 January 2023
Are you an enthusiastic teacher and researcher in the area of Public Management and do you want to play a role in an academically challenging and multidisciplinary work environment? Join us at the Nijmegen School of Management as an Assistant Professor of Public Management and play your part in a transformation towards sustainable societies.
As Assistant Professor of Public Management, you will have both teaching duties (60%) and research responsibilities (40%). We will offer you the opportunity to work in a friendly, dynamic work environment which offers ample room for both team science and individual initiative.
You will teach high-quality courses in our Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes, including thesis supervision. You will be expected to acquire a teaching qualification, if you do not already have one. In collaboration with colleagues, you will have the opportunity to actively contribute to course development and didactic innovation in our teaching programmes, especially in relation to your area of expertise.
You will conduct high-quality research, both individually and in collaboration with colleagues in and outside our university, resulting in high-quality academic output, such as publications in international journals. Developing research and using it to contribute to public management challenges will be an important part of your role.
As part of this, you will take an active role in individual or collaborative grant writing; participate in national and international networks in your area of expertise; and engage in multidisciplinary collaboration in and outside academia, for instance, in NSM's research hotspots.
- You have, or are close to the completion of, a PhD degree in the field of Public Administration, Public Management, Organisational Studies or a closely related discipline.
- You have a good track record in the area of public management.
- You have excellent Dutch and English language skills in oral and written communication.
- You have demonstrable teaching experience, with good evaluations.
- You have obtained a basic teaching qualification, or are willing to obtain such a qualification during the time of your appointment at Radboud University.
- You are well-schooled in quantitative and/or qualitative research techniques.
- You have a demonstrable research output.
- You are interested in realising impact through teaching and research and preferably have experience in doing so.
The Nijmegen School of Management enables students, institutions and companies, societal actors and governments to play their part in a transformation towards sustainable societies. In doing so, the faculty is committed to Radboud University's mission of contributing to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all.
In the context of our 'Responsible governance for sustainable societies' mission, we address scientific and societal challenges from a good governance perspective. Our work focuses on the topics Beyond Economy, Climate, Inclusivity, Safety, and Democracy. By building, questioning and extending the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), we acknowledge their interrelatedness and focus on a number of grand challenges within society. We contribute to innovation and sustainable growth on topics such as inequality, gender, decent work and poverty. Furthermore, we address environmental and climate challenges, seeking to contribute towards resolving them.
At the Nijmegen School of Management, academic research and teaching are carried out in challenging educational programmes. These programmes are offered in the areas of Business Administration; Economics and Business Economics; Geography, Planning and Environment; Political Science; and Public Administration. Academic research takes place within the Institute for Management Research (IMR). Research is carried out within the above-mentioned domains and in interdisciplinary research groups: the Hotspots. The Nijmegen School of Management currently has 400 staff and approximately 5,000 students.
You will be part of the Department of Public Administration . Its research is especially strong in the analysis of policy making and implementation, the governance of public services, Europeanisation and good governance. The department is responsible for the development and quality of the Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes in Public Administration, which are characterised by small-scale teaching, intellectual curiosity and the ambition to contribute to solving society's major challenges, including the transition towards a sustainable future. Students must be equipped with evidence-based knowledge and the skills to operate effectively and responsibly in the complex and dynamic environment of the public sector.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,974 and a maximum of €5,439 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11 ).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 1.5 years with the possibility of a permanent contract.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services . Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions . You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Would you like more information?
For questions about the position, please contact Dr Marieke van Genugten, Associate Professor at +31 24 36 156 36 or email@example.com .
Practical information and applying
You can apply until 1 January 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Marieke van Genugten. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV, including a list of working papers and publications.
- At least two selected published articles or working papers.
The first round of interviews will take place on Friday 20 January. The second round of interviews will take place on Friday 27 January. You would preferably begin employment as soon as possible.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure . It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Apply now Application deadline 01 January 2023
We would like to recruit our new colleague ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Dr Genugten, M.L. van (Marieke)
firstname.lastname@example.org +31 24 36 156 36
Job application form
* Mandatory field
Are you an internal candidate at Radboud University?
When are you an internal candidate?
You are an internal candidate if you:
- Work at Radboud University (i.e. have an employment contract with Radboud University).
- Are a former Radboud University employee receiving unemployment (WW/BWNU) benefits paid by Radboud University (which started less than two years ago or resulted from the discontinuation of your job/redundancy).
- Currently work as a student employee at Radboud University through the campus employment office.
- Work as a temporary employee at, or have been seconded to, Radboud University.
One file only.
5 MB limit.
One file only.
6 MB limit.
One file only.
4 MB limit.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
One file only.
1 MB limit.
Read our data processing policy .
Last modified: 28 November 2022
Share this page
Full Professor Of Contemporary Media Cultures, Radboud University, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Full Professor of Contemporary Media Cultures Full Professor of Contemporary Media Cultures Published Deadline Location today 12 Mar Nijmegen Job description A world from which we demand more and ...
Project Manager Prudent Project, Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc), Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Radboudumc The Chair for Quality and Safety of Oral Health Care is at the forefront of leveraging improvement science, health economics, and multi-disciplinary research methods to enable access to...
Assistant Professor Of Responsible Innovation In Science And Technology, Radboud University, Netherlands, 18 days ago
Assistant Professor of Responsible Innovation in Science and Technology Assistant Professor of Responsible Innovation in Science and Technology Published Deadline Location today 13 Feb Nijmegen Jo...
Professor Of Chemical Data Science, Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands, 10 days ago
Are you a team player who likes to connect with other scientists? Do you have experience with the interpretation and prediction of chemical and/or biochemical data? We are looking for a group lead...
Management Assistant At The Faculty Of Arts, Radboud University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
The Faculty of Arts is committed to producing scientific and social knowledge that matters. With over 500 academic and support staff, we teach and conduct research in history and art, languages an...
Software Engineer For Multimodal Language Research / Machine Learning, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Netherlands, 11 days ago
The Max Planck Institute (MPI) for Psycholinguistics in Nijmegen is a research institute entirely devoted to the study of language. Our goal is to understand how our minds and brains process lang...