The Department of Psychology of the Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of Amsterdam, is looking for an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology.
The mission of the Clinical Psychology program group is to develop, improve and test effective evidence-based interventions that promote mental health and wellbeing. Based on our belief that insight into the underpinnings of psychopathology can inform assessment and treatment, our program bridges fundamental and clinical research into innovating psychotherapy (including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Schema Therapy, Emotion Focused Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), and this in close collaboration with clinical practice.
An assistant professor at the Clinical Psychology program of the UvA is a motivated scholar who is actively involved in developing and giving courses (55%), as well as in designing and executing empirical research (45%) in our group.
What are you going to do
- You will develop your line of research within the domain of clinical psychology;
- You will develop and provide education in the Bachelor and Master programs (e.g., clinically applied courses);
- You will present and publish your research to an international scientific audience;
- You are active in the acquisition of research grants;
- You supervise PhD students;
- You seek (knowledge) exchange and (research) cooperation with professionals on your research area;
- You make a positive contribution to the organization and cooperation within the program group and the department.
What do you have to offer
- a completed PhD in clinical psychology (or an equivalent subsequent specialization);
- clinical experience/ training in working with clients with psychological problems;
- a clinical registration is an asset;
- demonstrable experience in research on psychopathology, preferable in mental health care settings;
- conducted high-quality research, as demonstrated by publications in international journals;
- creative, compelling ideas for innovative and relevant research on psychopathology, preferable in mental health care settings;
- experience with international research;
- some experience in teaching at the university level;
- strong communication, social and organizational skills;
- if not already fluent in Dutch, the willingness to learn Dutch as it is expected that the candidate will be able to teach in both English and Dutch within 3 years of the start of the contract.
In addition, you are an enthusiastic colleague who likes to share knowledge, embraces open science, is curious, critical and eager to learn, i.e., one with an academic attitude.
This is a temporay employment contract for 32 - 38 hours per week, for the duration of 18 months (12 months if you are already employed by the UvA). After positive evaluation and satisfactory performance, you will be offered a tenured position.
Depending on education and relevant work experience, the salary amounts to a minimum of €4332 and a maximum of €5929 gross per month (scale 11) based on full-time working hours (38 hours per week), excluding 8% vacation allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The CAO Dutch Universities is applicable. In addition, we offer an extensive package of secondary employment conditions, including a generous vacation scheme and year-end bonus, and we believe it is important that you continue to develop and professionalize yourself. To this end, we offer excellent study and development opportunities.
What else can we offer you
A challenging workplace with varied tasks and plenty of room for personal initiative and development in an inspiring organization. The Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences plays a leading role in addressing the major societal challenges facing the world, the Netherlands and Amsterdam, now and in the future.
Working at the UvA means working in a critical, independent, innovative and international climate, with an open atmosphere and a strong commitment to Amsterdam and its (international) society.
The University of Amsterdam is the largest university in the Netherlands, with the broadest range of courses. An intellectual hub with 39,000 students, 6,000 staff and 3,000 PhD students. Connected by a culture of curiosity.
The Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences plays a leading role in addressing the major societal challenges facing the world, the Netherlands and Amsterdam, now and in the future.
Curious about our organization and attractive fringe benefits such as a generous vacation plan and development opportunities? Read more about working at the University of Amsterdam here .
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
- dr. Bruno Verschuere, chair of Clinical Psychology Department, [email protected] ; Clinical Psychology Office.
If you recognize yourself in the profile and are interested in the position, we look forward to receiving your application. You can apply online via the link below.
We would like to receive all together in one bundled PDF :
- a curriculum vitae;
- a letter of motivation (600 words max) that includes a description of your clinical experience, your clinical psychology research plans, and your capacity to teach in clinical psychology;
- names of references that can speak to your clinical, research, and/or teaching skills (please specify).
The application period closes on 10 January 2024. Applications received after the deadline, which are not sent via the link or are incomplete, will unfortunately not be considered. Interviews will be held on 23 January 2024.
The UvA is an equal-opportunity employer. We prioritise diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We value a spirit of enquiry and perseverance, provide the space to keep asking questions, and promote a culture of curiosity and creativity.
No agencies please
If an ‘Error GBB451’ occurs, please click here for more information and help.
Lecturer In Entrepreneurship And Innovation, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 28 days ago
27 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Amsterdam (UvA) Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country Netherlands A...
Assistant Professor In Future Cloud Computing Technologies Universitair Docent (Niet Ingedeeld), University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 5 days ago
22 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Amsterdam (UvA) Research Field Physics Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country Netherlands App...
Clinical Proton Physics Scientist / Innovation Physicist, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 8 days ago
Maastro The internationally acclaimed state-of-the-art radiotherapy institute Maastro in Maastricht delivers cancer care in the Limburg region of the Netherlands, aiming to cure patients while pre...
Communications Coordinator At The Amsterdam Sustainability Institute, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 17 days ago
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam About the Amsterdam Sustainability Institute The Amsterdam Sustainability Institute is VU Amsterdam's interdisciplinary research institute that focuses on sustainabili...
Software Engineering Education Technical Coordinator, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Faculty of Science The University of Amsterdam is the Netherlands' largest university, offering the widest range of academic programmes. At the UvA, 30,000 students, 6,000 staff members and 3,000...
Promovendus, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU), Netherlands, 27 days ago
30 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application De...