6 Jun 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Leading Researcher (R4)
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
20 Jun 2023 - 21:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Conducting independent research in your field;
- Teaching relevant courses (BSc and MSc);
- Supervising BSc and MSc students;
- (Co-)supervising PhD students;
- Securing external funding for research;
- Engaging in committees and organizing activities in your research group, the institute, and in the relevant initiatives in Leiden and the Netherlands.
- PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, or a related field;
- Proven independence in doing research at the postdoc level or beyond;
- Good publication record in (Bayesian) Optimization and experience in raising research funds;
- Proven track record in teaching;
- Able to work independently, in a team, and in a student (co-)supervisory role;
- Experience in industrial collaborations and an understanding of industrial optimization tasks;
- An academic, creative, and open mindset.
Terms and conditions
We offer a position commensurate with your level of experience, initially for 12 months, and permanent afterwards. Pay scales in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career program. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
Diversity and inclusivity
Fostering an inclusive community is a central element of the values and vision of Leiden University. Leiden University is committed to becoming an inclusive community which enables all students and staff to feel valued and respected and to develop their full potential. Diversity in experiences and perspectives enriches our teaching and strengthens our research. High quality teaching and research is inclusive.
Written applications can be handed in via the apply button, it should include:
- A short cover letter (1 page) detailing your motivation to apply for the position,
- A brief description of your research plan,
- A brief description of your teaching experience,
- A full CV including a list of publications, grant acquisition, community service, and a link to your Google Scholar page,
- Links to key publications and PhD thesis when appropriate,
- The names and addresses of at least two persons that can be contacted for reference (who have agreed to be contacted).
Enquiries can be made to prof.dr. Thomas Bäck, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact email@example.com
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Universiteit Leiden
- Postal Code
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Research And Education It Developer, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Apply now The Leiden Institute of Physics (LION) and Leiden Observatory (STRW) carry out fundamental and curiosity driven research. Do you have affinity with academia and would you like to support...
Data Management Expert With A Heart For Science (0,8 Fte), AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 17 days ago
Organization The UBL offers employees many opportunities to develop. We continuously work towards creating an inspiring, inclusive and diverse work environment in which everyone feels welcome, saf...
Operando Electrochemical Stm, Structural Evolution Of Electrocatalytic Surfaces In Action, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Apply now The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Institute of Physics is looking for a PhD student (or PostDoc), “Operando Electrochemical STM Structural Evolution of Electrocatalytic Surfaces in A...
Operando Electrochemical Stm: Towards Cyclic Voltammograms With Nm Resolution, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Apply now The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Institute of Physics is looking for a PhD student (or PostDoc), “Operando Electrochemical STM: Towards Cyclic Voltammograms with nm Resolution” Vaca...
Software Developer / Scientist, Industrial Ecology, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Apply now The Faculty of Science and Institute of Environmental Sciences are looking for: Software developer / Scientist, Industrial Ecology (1 fte) Vacancy number: 14071 The Institute of Environm...
Senior Grant Advisor, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Terms and conditions We offer A challenging and inspiring international work environment with ample opportunities for personal and professional development; An appointment for a period of one year...