18 May 2023
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Leading Researcher (R4)
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
25 Jun 2023 - 22:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Are you inspired by design-driven research to accelerate the sustainable energy transition in the built environment? Then please join the Energy Technology and Fluid Dynamics group of the Department Mechanical Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology. At present we have an open position for an Assistant Professor in the national HERITAGE programme. HERITAGE (HEat Robustness In relation To AGEing cities) is a research programme aiming at detection, reduction and prevention of heat-stress occurring due to ageing of built environmental settings and buildings in Dutch cities, through socio-technical solutions. This programme is a 4TU initiative, connecting the four universities of technology in The Netherlands: Delft University of Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology, University of Twente and Wageningen University and Research. You will find more information via this link .
As our new Tenure Track Assistant Professor you will concentrate on innovative techniques for analysis, simulation, development and experimental testing of (1) solar irradiance, temperatures and humidity in 3D built environments on the basis of remote sensing and big data analytics, and (2) to be newly designed sustainable energy systems (heat, electricity, fuels and storage) with a significant share of solar energy, to be implemented in aged neighbourhoods and buildings. Focus will be on among others, but not exclusively:
- translation of 3D models in a design environment to data-driven assessment environments
- sun-oriented 3D environments for different time scales (minutes to years), and different spacing (centimeters to kilometres)
- evaluations of solar irradiance and innovative sustainable energy systems in two living labs with end users and stakeholder involvement, eventually supported by financial analyses and, possibly, Life Cycle Analysis
- Motivated researcher, with a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Design Engineering, Built Environment or a comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high quality interdisciplinary academic research, reflected by demonstratable products.
- Motivated to teach, contribute to teaching processes, and to develop excellent teaching skills.
- Strong cooperation skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Effective communication and leadership skills, including coaching and mentoring of students and staff, leading a project or chairing a group.
- Excellent proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- A Tenure Track with the prospect of becoming Associate Professor.
- The opportunity to focus your career on education, research, or impact. You can develop your personal ambitions and objections within the strategic objectives of the university.
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- A dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- High-quality training programs for academic leadership and teaching.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children's day care and sports facilities.
- Partially paid parental leave and an allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as is a tax compensation scheme (the 30% Facility) and Partner Career Support .
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-5-position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Curious to hear more about what it is like as a professor at TU/e? Please view the video below.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact Prof. dr. Angèle Reinders a.h.m.e.reinders[at]tue.nl.
Visit our website for more information about the application process . For more information on working at the TU/e and employment conditions, click here or contact Josje van Oudenaarden, Senior Recruiter, j.e.v.oudenaarden[at]tue.nl or +31 643559575.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page .
We invite you to submit a complete application. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- Postal Code
- 5612 AP
- De Rondom 70
Where to apply
De Rondom 70
- Postal Code
Technician Primary Processing & Heat Treatment Of Materials, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
The environmental footprint of the steel industry and the shortages of crucial raw materials required to keep our modern world running are pressing societal challenges. CO2 emissions could be subs...
2 Eng Ds The Design & Demonstration Of Free Space Optical Communication Systems, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Position Engineering Doctorate (EngD) Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.6915 Job description Are you fascinated by the idea of high-speed space In...
Eng D Position In The Integrated Circuits Group Of The Ee Department, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Position Engineering Doctorate (EngD) Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.6891 Job description EngD Program at TU/e The post-master designer’s progr...
Lecturer Chemical Process Engineering (1.0 Fte), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Position Other academic staff Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Reference number V37.6703 Job description Do you get excited about a job that calls on your...
Assistant Professor Artificial Intelligence Based Medical Image Analysis, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Are you looking to build or expand your own research line within a team of people who share your enthusiasm for medical applications and enjoy working together? We offer a position for an assistan...
Jads: Project Lead (0,8 1,0 Fte), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Position Non academic staff (supporting staff) Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Mathematics and Computer Science Institutes and others JADS Den Bosch Reference number V32.6890 Job descripti...