Assistant Professor Innovation Sciences with a focus on Intellectual Property and Law (Tenure Track to Associate Professor) Candidates are invited to apply ASAP but no later than November 15, 2017.
Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences
The Technology, Innovation & Society (TIS) group of the School of Innovation Sciences is looking for a colleague to strengthen our research and teaching in the area of Innovation Sciences. The TIS group is an ambitious, international group. Our research focuses on understanding the development and use of technology in a business and societal context. Our main research topics are the knowledge economy, the economics and governance of innovation, system innovation and sustainability transitions. Our staff teaches in the BSc programme 'Sustainable Innovation', and the MSc programme 'Innovation Sciences', as well as in university-wide programmes for engineers.
Your task will be to contribute to our research and teaching programme. You will be working under the supervision of dr. Rudi Bekkers and be coached by experienced staff members. More specifically, your main tasks are research (approx. 40%), teaching (approx. 50%), and management (approx. 10%). This includes:
- Contributing to the TIS research programme; writing grant proposals;
- Developing courses, and contributing to courses, offered in our Innovation Sciences master, the Sustainable Innovation bachelor, and university-wide courses in the Bachelor College. These include courses on intellectual property, but ideally also courses on other fields of law relevant to technology;
- Supervising BSc and MSc thesis projects;
- Participating in management tasks of the department.
Starting date is as soon as possible.
This is a tenure track position. After a first successful evaluation (after three to four years), the contract will be changed into a permanent contract. After a second successful evaluation, the candidate will be promoted to Associate Professor.
You are expected to have the following qualifications:
- Have expertise in the legal aspects and the economics of Intellectual Property Rights. Expertise in other fields in law relevant to technology is an advantage (e.g. regulation, competition law, privacy law, personal data, security, or business/entrepreneurship).
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in Economics, Law, Innovation Science or a related discipline. Qualified candidates that are about to finish their PhD are also encouraged to apply.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and proven teaching skills, preferably demonstrated by substantial experience and very good course evaluations in academic teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Have published in international scientific journals.
- Have an excellent command of English.
Conditions of employment
- a challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university;
- a full-time tenure track appointment for a period of five years; a tenure evaluation will be conducted after three to four years. A second evaluation, after six to eight years, offers the prospect to be promoted to Associate Professor.
- a gross monthly salary between € 3.475,- and € 5.405,- (based on a full-time appointment), depending on experience and knowledge;
- a yearly holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary;
- a yearly end year allowance of 8.3% of the yearly salary;
- a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes and excellent sports facilities).
Information and application
More detailed information about the job itself can be obtained from dr. Rudi Bekkers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Information about terms of employment can be obtained from: Kim van Puijenbroek, HR Advisor, Department of IE&IS (email@example.com ). Further information about Eindhoven University of Technology can be found at www.tue.nl .
Your application must contain the following documents (all in English):
• A letter of interest;
• A teaching statement and a research statement;
• An extensive curriculum vitae including publication list and teaching evaluations (if any);
• Three names with email addresses of people that are willing to act as references.
If you are interested, we invite you to apply before the 16th of November 2017. Please use the application form on this website and do not send us applications by e-mail. Note that a maximum of 5 documents can be uploaded, so if you have more than 5 documents you will have to combine them.
Researcher In Working Fluid Selection For Power Generation Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 15 hours ago
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Technical University of Denmark (DTU) conducts scientific research on a very high international level within the field of design and optimization of pow...
Full Time Junior Researcher: New Methods For Designing Smart, Interactive Products (Io T), Ghent University, Belgium, 1 day ago
Job description Within UGent, you will strengthen a dynamic team of researchers; you will become a part of the Industrial Design team and the MICT research group (Media, Innovation & Communication...
Executive Secretary (Afdelingssecretaris), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Executive Secretary (afdelingssecretaris) Department/faculty: Civil Engineering and Geosciences Level: Master degree Working hours: 32 hours per week Contract: 1 year intitially with prospect of e...
Research Assistant In (Digital) Business Model Innovation For The Smart City Programs In Singapore, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 15 hours ago
The department of DTU Management Engineering invites for applications for a research assistant position in (digital) Business Model innovation for the Smart City programs in Singapore. The positio...
Professor (With Special Responsibilities) In Corporate Entrepreneurship And Innovation, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 15 hours ago
DTU Management Engineering at Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a position as Professor (with special responsibilities) in Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation. The pro...
Ph D: Performance Forecast Of Future Maritime Power Systems, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
PhD: Performance forecast of future maritime power systems Department/faculty: Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering Level: Master degree Working hours: 38 hours per week Contract: 4 year...