Non academic staff (supporting staff)
Irène Curie Fellowship
Institutes and others
About the TU/e
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is an internationally leading technical university specialized in Engineering Science & Technology. The TU/e organization comprises 9 faculties and 10 services that support the primary process of teaching and research. With high-quality education and research, TU/e ensures the advancement of technical sciences and the development of technological innovations. In this way, TU/e contributes to the growth of prosperity and well-being in the Brainport region and beyond. TU/e is all about people. Around 13,000 students and 4.000 employees live, work and recreate on campus.
TU/e's strategic activities in the field of research, educational innovation, valorization and entrepreneurship attract national and international attention. The research institutes EAISI, EIRES, EHCI and also The Gate and TU/e innovation Space have a high degree of appeal within this. This manifests itself, among other things, in a steadily growing number of visitors and visiting delegations to the campus.
TU/e innovation Space
TU/e innovation Space occupies a special position at TU/e. It is the center of expertise for Challenge Based Learning (CBL) and Entrepreneurial Learning, and a learning hub were students in interdisciplinary teams co-create responsible solutions to real-world challenges together with researchers, industry, and societal organizations. We develop them to become engineers of the future.
Purpose of the job
Today’s global societal challenges are getting more and more complex. They demand a next level systemic approach in places that support innovation, both socially and technology driven. Universities are an increasingly important player in solving these challenges. And an open innovative learning ecosystem is of utmost importance for the education of engineers of the future. In order to enhance the learning experience of students in CBL (curricular and extracurricular), and ensure a high quality of our education, we need to strengthen our cooperation with key partners in the region (TU/e instellingsplan ).
Therefore we need to build valuable and more long term connections with companies, and societal and governmental organizations. By doing so, we can collaborate with the ecosystem around us to create real impact and address complex challenges faced by both societal and industrial stakeholders.
TU/e innovation Space aims to be a learning hub that builds and connects open interdisciplinary thematic communities for co-creation of responsible solutions to real world challenges by students together with researchers, industry, and societal organizations. Partners can collaborate in a thematic network as challenge owner, can be involved as coach, expert, hybrid teacher, or sponsor supporting the creation of solutions to challenges (in courses but also in student teams), can join our entrepreneurship competition as coach or jury member, and an increased collaboration can also make TU/e more accessible for employees from industry who wish to update and deepen their competences (professional education/life-long learning). By increasing students’ access to the labor market needs and fostering real-life cooperation with ecosystem stakeholders, we can enhance students’ awareness of the professional competences demanded to address challenges and prepare them for the demands of the real world.
Key in this approach, is to have an Account Manager Partnerships for TU/e innovation Space.
The primary goals of this position are:
- To attract and maintain partners that want to innovate together with us thereby enforcing the innovation impact of the TU/e students in the regional ecosystem in both the curricular and extracurricular domain.
- To create thematic ecosystems with several partners connected to us, on 5-6 themes, thus creating the source of long-term challenges-programs for CBL.
- To coordinate open-roadmapping and align strategies for long-term collaboration on a company/organizational level, ensuring that all parties involved are on the same page when it comes to achieving shared goals and objectives.
- To fulfil an extended brokering position, effectively connecting ecosystems to each other, and promoting a culture of collaboration and innovation.
In addition to these primary goals, this role should also pave the way for:
- Identifying extra funding opportunities for TU/e innovation Space (additional to TU/e budget).
- Acquiring company coaches, hybrid teachers or for learning environments (physical locations) for curricular and extracurricular purposes, thereby freeing resources for TU/e.
- Creating opportunities for the development of Life-Long-Learning activities, one of the program lines of TU/e innovation Space and promoting continuous learning and growth for all stakeholders in the ecosystem.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
We expect the account manager to fulfill the following role and tasks:
- To extend the network of partners of TU/e innovation Space, including companies, societal organizations, and the municipality, among others.
- Establishing and maintaining a close and meaningful relationship with all external partners of TU/e innovation Space, such as challenge owners, guru’s (external experts), partners in the TU/e Contest, and others.
- Being present and actively involved in student team events, TU/e contest, final presentations, Master Kick Off event, Dutch Design Week, and all other major and smaller TU/e innovation Space related events, to foster engagement and participation of partners.
- Being able to effectively demonstrate to external parties the value of by participating in TU/e innovation Space initiatives.
- Co-organizing of and actively participating in partner-events of TU/e innovation Space, fostering and extending partner relationships.
- Being present and engaged at Brainport and provincial events and activities that can be relevant to TU/e innovation Space, in order to stay informed and seek out new partnership opportunities.
- Connecting each partner to the full range of programs that TU/e innovation Space offers, including curricular and extra-curricular activities, and life-long learning activities.
- Developing and continuously improving our partnership model to ensure long-term and sustainable partnerships. Additionally, identifying and pursuing new partnership opportunities to further strengthen our network and impact.
Do you recognize yourself in the following profile?
- Networker: able to build and maintain a strong network of partners and stakeholders in the regional ecosystem, including companies, societal organizations, and the municipality. possesses excellent personal skills in communication (in English and preferably also Dutch), sensitivity and networking capabilities.
- Strong communicator: possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders. Able to articulate the value proposition of TU/e innovation Space and the benefits of partnership to the outside world.
- Customer relationship oriented: acting as sales representative for TU/e innovation Space, forging strong relationships with partners and ensuring their satisfaction with the services provided.
- Result oriented: able to secure the partners to the TU/e innovation Space ecosystem and achieve results in line with the organization's strategic objectives.
- Opportunity-driven: proactive and constantly seeking opportunities to innovate and cooperate with partners.
- Enthusiastic: passionate about innovation and eager to share their enthusiasm with others.
- Creative: able to come up with new and innovative ideas for partnerships and collaborations.
- Strategic thinker: able to develop and implement strategic plans for partnership development and growth.
- Team player: able to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to achieve shared goals.
- Problem-solver: able to identify and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Flexible: able to adapt to changing circumstances and work effectively under pressure.
- International-minded: comfortable working in a multicultural environment and able to build relationships with partners from different cultural backgrounds.
This experience is not a requirement for the position, but would be considered an advantage:
- Experience with the Brainport Eindhoven network and the regional innovation ecosystem would be a plus, as well as a good understanding of the challenges faced by social and industrial stakeholders in the region.
- Experience in a sales/business development position, with a track record of building and maintaining partnerships and achieving results.
- Experience in project management and coordination, as well as in developing and executing programs and events.
- A background in science, engineering, or technology, with knowledge and interest in the latest trends and innovations in these fields.
- Experience working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment, and ability to adapt to different working styles and cultures.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken is a requirement. Other languages are considered a plus.
Place in the organization
- The Account manager company partnerships will be member of the Business Collaboration Cluster of TU/e innovation Space. You will hierarchically report to the General Manager (prof. Isabelle Reymen) of TU/e innovation Space. At TU/e innovation Space, we aim to create a stimulating and inspiring environment that motivates our employees (students and staff) to innovate, explore new ideas, and take on new challenges. We operate in a flat organization structure where everyone is encouraged to contribute their ideas and expertise to the development of the organization. We promote a culture of open communication, where feedback is given and received in a constructive and respectful manner. We strive to practice what we preach.
Conditions of employment
- The appointment will initially be for a period of 12 months with a view to a permanent position.
- A monthly salary of minimum €4.814 to maximum €6.181 for full-time employment, depending on your knowledge and experience (scale 12 collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities).
- The appointment will initially be for a period of 12 months with a view to a permanent position.
- In addition to vacation pay 8%, and a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3% (13th month).
- You have 41 vacation days with a 40-hour working week.
- A favorable arrangement for more holidays or a sabbatical.
- A selection model for additional fringe benefits.
- Working hours in consultation for an optimal work-life balance.
- Scope for your talent with advancement prospects and excellent development opportunities such as mentoring, workshops and coaching.
- Partially paid parental leave and reimbursement for commuting expenses, working from home and the internet.
- A generous employer contribution to the favorable ABP pension plan.
- You will become part of our TU/e community with 13,500 students and 4,000 employees and will work in an inspiring and educational working environment within a collegial team.
Here you can discover even more information about our conditions of employment : Build on your career at TU/e! And here you’ll find more information about the TU/e Strategy 2030 .
Information and application
Information about the content of the position is available from prof. Isabelle Reymen (General Manager TU/e innovation Space) email: i.m.m.j.reymen[at]tue.nl or Alfons Bruekers (Managing Director TU/e innovation Space) email: a.w.j.bruekers[at]tue.nl.
For questions about the procedure and employment conditions or the process, please contact internal Recruiter Bas den Bakker, via b.a.d.bakker[at]tue.nl or via 06-51206442.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please upload your motivation and CV via the "apply now" button. In case of equal suitability and when applicable, internal candidates are preferred over external candidates.
We look forward to your application, and do not hesitate to contact us in case of any questions!
Junior Business Developer Student Entrepreneurship, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Are you a creative and enthusiastic individual with a strong interest in promoting innovation and entrepreneurship? Would you like to be part of our student entrepreneurship team? If you're ready ...
Professor Of Urban Design, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
The Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment is pleased to invite applications for a full professorship in Urban Design. The professor will be appointed in the Department of Urbanism, in ...
Full Professor In Building Services, Hvac, Mechanical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 1 day ago
3 Oct 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country N...
Project Officer For Electronic Systems/High Precision Engineering Systems, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Are you passionate about scientific research and technology? Do you thrive in an innovative environment, surrounded by experts who share your enthusiasm? Are you excited about navigating the intri...
Project Officer For Electronic Systems/High Precision Engineering Systems, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 14 days ago
20 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application D...
Postdoc On Key Generation Using Physical Layer Security (+Qkd), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 5 days ago
29 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application D...