Professor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor
At Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), we believe diversity broadens our research scope and enhances the quality of our education. Our Irene Curie fellowship program is aimed to advance talented women researchers to thrive and be successful in top positions in science. The program addresses the aspirations and needs of women in industry, academia, and research institutes to support their ambition to become a Professor at our European top research university.
TU/e is situated in the heart of Europe's leading innovative top technology region Brainport in the South-East of the Netherlands. The Department of Electrical Engineering at TU/e is an ambitious and inclusive department, having defined (3) three themes covering all research and education activities: Care and Cure , The Connected World , and Smart and Sustainable Society . Led by these themes, the (9) nine research groups are performing joint research. A significant amount of research is done in close cooperation with large high-tech companies, such as Philips, ASML, NXP, as well as many small/medium enterprises.
The department invites applications for (3) new faculty positions at all levels including (tenure-track) Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Full Professor. Candidates in all areas related to Electrical Engineering will be considered, including, but not limited to:
- Control Systems
- Electrical Energy Systems
- Electro-Optical Communication
- Power Electronics
- Electronic Systems
- Integrated Circuits
- Photonic Integration
- Signal Processing Systems
Do you want to join our open academic community? Do you want to set up your own, independent research line and team, while still being able to profit from the benefits that come with working together in research units? Then apply now! All positions are open from July 5, 2021, and are open only to women candidates in the framework of the Irène Curie Fellowship program of TU/e. Review of applications will begin immediately upon receipt, and continue until the positions are filled, with the last date for applications being October 1, 2021.
You will be offered the opportunity to establish an independent, largely externally funded research program in collaboration with colleagues within or, outside our department and at national and international institutions. Substantial start-up packages to kick-off your career in our department are available. In order to empower you, we provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification as well as an informal mentoring scheme to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Motivated researcher, with a PhD and at least 2 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated by a relevant PhD thesis.
- Ability to teach or, assist in the teaching process.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Strong cooperation skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in acquiring external research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or, industry is an asset.
- Excellent proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
Conditions of employment
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- As an Irène Curie Fellow , you are entitled to a substantial start-up package to kick-off your career.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Information and application
Eindhoven University of Technology is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow. Curious to hear more about what it is like as a professor at TU/e? Please view the video.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
Cyndi Geurts, Recruiter (c.g.geurts[at]tue.nl).
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs .
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact Cyndi Geurts.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it.
Screening will continue until the position has been filled. Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.
Assistant/Associate Professor Of Interconnected Systems For Smart Industry, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 9 days ago
Section Transport Engineering & Logistics (TEL), Dept. of Maritime & Transport Technology, invites applicants for an Assistant/Associate Professorship that will strengthen its competences in the a...
Program Manager Extracurricular Learning, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 8 days ago
Eindhoven University of Technology embraces the Student Teams as a key asset in extracurricular learning. Student Teams are doing exactly what TU/e expects from the engineers of the future, as is ...
Assistant Professor Lowland Hydrology And Water Management, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 16 days ago
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. Before the fifth year we’ll decide if you will be offered a permanent faculty position, based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start o...
Assistant Professor Lowland Hydrology And Water Management, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 22 hours ago
Fixed-term contract: 6 years. A tenure-track position is offered for six years. Before the fifth year we’ll decide if you will be offered a permanent faculty position, based on performance indicat...
Researcher In Digital Infrastructure And Connectivity For Connected And Automated Driving, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 21 days ago
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (salary indication scale 10: € 2.836,00 - € 4.474,00) . The TU Delft offers a customisable compens...
Researcher In Digital Infrastructure And Connectivity For Connected And Automated Driving, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 6 days ago
Fixed-term contract: 1 year. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (salary indication scale 10: € 2.836,00 - € 4.474,00) . The TU Delft ...