The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (FHSE) brings together expertise from the humanities, linguistics, cognitive sciences, social and educational sciences. People from across 20 disciplines are working within the Faculty. Along with the disciplinary approach a very ambitious interdisciplinary research culture has been developed.
The faculty’s research and teaching focuses on social, economic, political and educational issues with the common goal of contributing to an inclusive, open and resourceful society. The FHSE offers six Bachelor and twenty Master degrees and a doctoral school providing students with the necessary knowledge and high-qualified skills to succeed in their future career.
The research and development specialist will develop state-of-the-art computer-based standardized achievement tests for French language proficiency and lead item/test development groups in the context of LUCET’s (Luxembourg Centre for Educational Testing) core mission (i.e., “Épreuves Standardisées”, the Luxembourg school monitoring programme). S/he will competently analyse and interpret data emerging from large-scale data collections (e.g., ÉpStan), and actively support and participate in related research in the areas of educational psychology and (psycho)linguistics.
The research and development specialist will develop ÉpStan language competency tests in general and in specific in Grades 7 and 9 French reading comprehension. The following general research tasks are included in the responsibilities of the research and development specialist:
- contribute to and support the development of new and innovative psychometric measures within ÉpStan
- support the coordination, QA/QC, and logistics of ÉpStan
- perform statistical analyses on data emerging from ÉpStan inregards to the French reading comprehension tests
- present research findings to other team members or researchers
- contribute to and support (ongoing and future) research projects related to ÉpStan and other projects within LUCET
- contribute to scientific articles, reports and presentations, as well as LUCET’s public outreach efforts
- perform any other tasks within the framework of the position
What we expect from you…
- Master’s degree in psychological or educational sciences, or in linguistics
- In-depth knowledge of language testing
- First experience in (computer-based) psycho-educational (large-scale) assessment
- Strong interest in addressing linguistic research questions that arise in the context of test development
- First experience in the coordination and moderation of teams
- Knowledge about school systems in general and the Luxembourg school system in specific is a plus
- An independent, conscientious approach to work, which at the same time is characterised by good integration into existing working groups
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written competences in French and very good oral and written competences in English; Luxembourgish and German are a plus
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
What we can offer...
- A friendly, international, and interdisciplinary team
- Modern, newly equipped labs
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month (renewable)
- Foreseen start date: February 2023
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL05389
How to apply...
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Copy of diplomas
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
Associate Professor Position (Promotion Track) In Neuroimmunology With A Focus On Neuroinflammation , University of Luxembourg ;, Luxembourg, 18 days ago
The University | About us... The University of Luxembourg aspires to be a world-class research university. It strives for excellence in both fundamental and applied research, and in education. It ...
Scienteens Lab Team Member For Physics Outreach, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 24 days ago
Scienteens lab team member for physics outreach (Valid from 04/01/2023 to 08/03/2023) Language: English (UK) Location Belval Country: Luxembourg Organisation LCSB data: Job Number: UOL05506 Contra...
Scienteens Lab Team Member For Computer Science, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 3 days ago
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 s...
Doctoral Candidate In Differential Geometry, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 1 day ago
Doctoral candidate in Differential Geometry (Valid from 31/01/2023 to 04/04/2023) Language: English (UK) Location Belval Country: Luxembourg Organisation Department of Mathematics (DMATH) data: Jo...
Research Scientist In Youth Research, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 3 days ago
TheUniversity of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 st...
Safety Officer In Biomedicine, LCSB – Luxembourg Center for Systems Biomedicine, Luxembourg, 1 day ago
Safety officer in Biomedicine (Valid from 30/01/2023 to 30/04/2023) Language: English (UK) Location Belval Country: Luxembourg Organisation LCSB data: Job Number: UOL05554 Contract Permanent Type:...