The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC)/strong> is looking for a Post-doctoral researcher to to join IBEC in the framework of the call ”EIT-Health” in the project entitled “Ready-to-use Toxicity Screening Assay based on iPS-Technologies”.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
Generation of human biomodels based in 2D and 3D cell culture platforms from human pluripotent stem cells for the establishment of in vitro systems to understand early mesoderm commitment and differentiation. Establishment of cutting-edge approaches based on genome editing to model human disease.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and PhD on Biology, Biotechnology or Chemistry.
- Expertise in culture of human pluripotent stem cells and differentiation (including 2D and 3D settings).
- Expertise in genome editing in human pluripotent stem cells and human pluripotent stem cells derivatives..
- Competences and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 01/01/2022
- Working conditions:
- Full-time, fixed-term contract (end date 31-12-2022) with possibility of extension.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until 31th DECEMBER an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 31/12/2021 (Reference: PD-NM).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 23 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu
Research Assistant, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain, 15 days ago
The project involves the use of the human gastruloid system (a human embryonic stem cell model of early human development; see PMID: 32528178) developed in the host lab, to create an in vitro mimi...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Single Cell Genomics, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 13 days ago
The Guibentif lab is looking to recruit a post-doctoral fellow. We are a Swedish Research Council-funded group, establishing novel human pluripotent stem cell-based platforms to study human embryo...
Postdoc/Assistant Professor Position In Kidney Bioengineering Research At Re New Copenhagen , University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
POSTDOC/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR POSITION Professor Melissa Little, incoming Executive Director of reNEW Copenhagen, is looking to establish a research laboratory focused on the use of pluripotent stem...
Postdoc Nwa Orc Lymph Chip, Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), Netherlands, 5 days ago
In short You will work for our LymphChip project to advance organ-on-chip by creating miniature tissue models of heart, skin and gut with integrated lymphatic and immune system The aim is to provi...
Research Assistant Position In Kidney Regeneration Research At Re New Copenhagen , University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 13 hours ago
RESEARCH ASSISTANT POSITION / POTENTIAL PHD CANDIDATE Professor Melissa Little, incoming Executive Director of reNEW Copenhagen, is looking to establish a research laboratory focused on the use of...
Postdoc Position In Kidney Disease And Engineering Research At Re New Copenhagen , University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
POSTDOC POSITION Professor Melissa Little, incoming Executive Director of reNEW Copenhagen, is looking to establish a research laboratory focused on the use of pluripotent stem cells for modelling...