The technician Laboratory technician will support the research team in Translational Neuroscience regarding the organization of the lab (ordering, supply), perform experiments, obtain training in maintenance of lab automation (automated pipetting, cell culture) and analyze results to assist in research and development of cellular models of Parkinson’s disease (human cell lines, fibroblasts, and induced pluripotent stem cells) at LCSB.
In particular, the technician in this role will support projects to characterize patient-based cellular models, e.g. using induced pluripotent stem cells to gain essential knowledge with respect to the molecular mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of PD. These models then will be explored for serving as cellular readouts for genetic and pharmacological modifications to revert disease associated phenotypes and to disentangle functional networks related to neurodegeneration.
Specific tasks can include:
- Place orders for lab supply and inventory for laboratory use
- Make-up and maintain stock/working chemical solutions and growth media
- Conduct cultures of human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS cells)
- Extract DNA, RNA, proteins from iPS cells. These will be used for subsequent analyses including transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics
- Perform molecular biology experiments such as plasmid construction, cloning, PCR, qPCR
- Perform various biochemical assays and protein purifications
- Conduct immunofluorescence stainings of various cell types
- Perform differentiation of iPS cells into various lineages, including dopaminergic neurons
- Maintain a clean laboratory setting
- Work in vivo (mice) & in vitro (bacteria and cell culture)
- Perform flow cytometry
- BCA protein quantification assay & Western blot
Technician, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain, 15 days ago
Advanced technical support on genetic modification and analysis of mouse Embryonic Stem cell lines The successful applicant will participate in a project focused on the use of embryonic organoids ...
Public Selection For The Recruitment Of 1 Researcher Under Art. 24, Paragraph 3, Letter B) Of Law..., Università degli Studi di Roma “Tor Vergata”, Italy, 1 day ago
The object of the research activity will be to study cellular and serological markers of the metastatic process of carcinomas. Experimental models (human neoplastic cell cultures and organotypic c...
Senior Research Technician, Human Technopole, Italy, 12 days ago
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 12 March 2021 The Human Technopole Foundation is searching for a Senior Research Technician to join the Automated Stem Cell and Organoid Facility (ASCOF). The aim of the ...
Analyst Stem Cell Platform, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
2 more days to apply The Faculty of Science, Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) is looking for an Analyst - Stem cell platform Project description The Leiden Academic Center for Drug...
Lab Technician At Biomedical Epigenomics Research Group (Convocatòria Id 11/2021), IDIBAPS (Institut d&#039;Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer), Spain, 14 days ago
A job is being opened to cover 1 Position of Lab Technician to support the research of INSTITUT D’INVESTIGACIONS BIOMÈDIQUES AUGUST PI I SUNYER (IDIBAPS) at the research project “BCLLatlas: Single...
Human I Psc Gene Engineering Scientists, Empyrean Therapeutics Ltd., United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Empyrean Therapeutics Human iPSC Gene Engineering Scientists Cambridge, UK - Full Time Multiple vacancies, junior and senior levels Empyrean Therapeutics, headquartered at the Babraham Research Ca...