The technician Laboratory technician will support the research team in Translational Neuroscience regarding the organization of the lab (ordering, supply), perform experiments, obtain training in maintenance of lab automation (automated pipetting, cell culture) and analyze results to assist in research and development of cellular models of Parkinson’s disease (human cell lines, fibroblasts, and induced pluripotent stem cells) at LCSB.
In particular, the technician in this role will support projects to characterize patient-based cellular models, e.g. using induced pluripotent stem cells to gain essential knowledge with respect to the molecular mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of PD. These models then will be explored for serving as cellular readouts for genetic and pharmacological modifications to revert disease associated phenotypes and to disentangle functional networks related to neurodegeneration.
Specific tasks can include:
- Place orders for lab supply and inventory for laboratory use
- Make-up and maintain stock/working chemical solutions and growth media
- Conduct cultures of human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS cells)
- Extract DNA, RNA, proteins from iPS cells. These will be used for subsequent analyses including transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics
- Perform molecular biology experiments such as plasmid construction, cloning, PCR, qPCR
- Perform various biochemical assays and protein purifications
- Conduct immunofluorescence stainings of various cell types
- Perform differentiation of iPS cells into various lineages, including dopaminergic neurons
- Maintain a clean laboratory setting
- Work in vivo (mice) & in vitro (bacteria and cell culture)
- Perform flow cytometry
- BCA protein quantification assay & Western blot
Lab Technician , Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 13 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Research group Holmin works with the development of new methods for endovascular selective administration and sampling as well as with mo...
Use Of Biosensors For The Isolation Of Extracellular Vesicles In Liquid Biopsy, Università degli Studi di Catania, Italy, 28 days ago
The present project aims to create specific biosensors for the optical detection and isolation of extracellular vesicles by using luminescent nanostructures in liquid biopsy. Nanostructures are im...
Human Cardiac Microtissues From Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells To Study Inherited Cardiac Diseases, Università di Padova - Dipartimento di Biologia, Italy, 21 days ago
hiPSCs differentiation into cardiomyocytes, endothelial cells, cardiac fibroblasts and macrophages, formation of hiPSC-cardiac microtissues and their characterization (contraction, molecul...
Inhibitors Of Shp2 Protein Protein Interactions, UNIVERSITà DEGLI STUDI DI ROMA TOR VERGATA- DIPARTIMENTO DI SCIENZE E TECNOLOGIE CHIMICHE, Italy, 27 days ago
the project is focuse on the synthesis and characterization of peptides and peptidomimetics aimed at inhibiting protein - protein interactions and involves studies of peptide/protein binding, intr...
Researcher For Advanced Therapies Medicinal Products, Kymos, Spain, 22 days ago
We are looking for a researcher for an Advanced Therapies Medicinal Products (ATMP) project. ATMPs are innovative and heterogeneous class of research -driven biopharmaceuticals that are at the for...
Early Stage Researcher, Amsterdam UMC, location VU University Medical Center, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Optimizing the expansion of mucosal-associated invariant T cells (MAIT) to fight cancer by cutting edge research projects and training with leading experts in the field of cell therapy! We have a ...