Application Deadline: 01/07/2021
The Pluripotency for organ regeneration group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Laboratory Technician to join IBEC in the frame of the project “Plataformas ISCIII de apoyo a la I+D+I en Biomedicina y Ciencias de la Salud Bioengeniería para mejorar la salud mediante de organoides y bioimpresión 3D” (PTC20/00130) and financed by the INSTITUTO DE SALUD CARLOS III.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
Support in the generation and mantainance of biomodels including organoid and tumoroids biobanked cell sources.
Requirements for candidates:
- Certificate of higher education in the field of science (CFGS/FP2).
- Expertise in culture of human pluripotent stem cells and differentiation (including 2D and 3D settings).
- Expertise in culture of primary cells (i.e., hepatocytes, enterocytes, etc).
- Competences and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: September 1st , 2021.
- Working conditions:
- Full-time, fixed-term contract (end date 31-12-2023) with possibility of extension.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until 1st July an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 23 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu
Laboratoy Technician At The Signal And Information Processing For Sensing Systems Lab, Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, Spain, 15 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Quality Officer, Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, Spain, about 16 hours ago
How to apply: Until September 15th an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/ Only those applications submitted before the deadline wil...
Lab Technician In Targeted Protein Degradation & Drug Discovery (Ref. Lab/21/13), IRB Barcelona, Spain, 9 days ago
Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011. The...
Mechanical Workshop Technician (Ref Mgmt 2021 11 Rsa), Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia ICIQ, Spain, 11 days ago
The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a Mechanical workshop technician to work in the Research Support Area. ICIQ is one of the world’s internationally recognized leadi...
Research Technician Pluripotent Stem Cells / Beta Cells, Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), Netherlands, 7 days ago
The LUMC is one of the few centers in Europe that isolates insulin-producing Islets of Langerhans from donor pancreas. This is done for islet transplantation in patients with type 1 diabetes and f...
International Business Development Manager, Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC), Spain, 2 days ago
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a non-profit research institute based in Barcelona and dedicated to advancing our understanding about leukaemia and related disorders, in p...