We are pleased to announce that the Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) School of Management in Japan has open tenure track positions at a professor, associate professor, or assistant professor level. The school is AACSB and AMBA accredited and has 4 QS Stars.
About the positions*:
- 1 position in Management (Instruction of classes in English) to teach Family Business and/or Human Resource Management
- 1 position in Management (Instruction of classes in English) to teach Legal Strategy in Business and International Transactions
- 1 position in Production Management (Innovation-related areas) or Marketing (Instruction of classes in Japanese) to teach Production Management and Service Management or Entrepreneurship
- 1 position in Management (Instruction of classes in Japanese) to teach Family Business and/or Human Resource Management
*Other courses to teach will be decided upon consultation with the candidates
The candidate must meet Requirement (1) or (2) as well as Requirement (3), (4), and (5) below.
- (1) Possesses a PhD in a discipline related to the position of interest (or is scheduled to obtain one within one year of appointment) (including a Juris Doctor degree for the Management/Legal Strategy position), and has experience publishing articles in high quality peer-reviewed journals.
- (2) Possesses a master’s degree in a discipline related to the position of interest and at least five years of practical experience in a management position (Director (bucho in Japanese) or higher) in a government agency, international organization, or company and has experience publishing books, articles, and/or reports in the field of management.
- (3) Be fluent in the language of class instruction (English or Japanese). Ability to teach both in English and Japanese is an advantage, but not required.
- (4) Show the ability and willingness to work in a culturally and academically diverse school.
- (5) Show commitment to assurance of learning and meeting the standards for accreditations.
With over 100 years of tradition and history, the Ritsumeikan Academy opened APU in April 2000 as Japan's first genuine international university. It has welcomed international students from 155 different countries and regions (as of May 2020) since its inception.
APU’s philosophy is to create a university campus that produces graduates with the skills they need to contribute to international society based on the fundamental principles of freedom, peace, humanity, international mutual understanding, and the future shape of the Asia Pacific region. With almost half of the faculty and student body comprised of foreign nationals from all over the world, the University has achieved a truly international campus environment of cultural coexistence. This international learning environment reflects the commitment our students and staff have to deepening mutual understanding and overcoming differences in race, religion, and culture.
It has developed a bilingual education system in which 90% of undergraduate classes are held in both Japanese and English. Graduate programs are all in English.
APU is located in the safe and beautiful city of Beppu, about 1 1 /2 hours from Fukuoka city by car or bus.
Please check this link for more details on the job, salary, benefits, and how to apply:Jobs - Ritsumeikan
Asia Pacific University
The deadline for application is on May 14, 2021.
We look forward to your application!
Language Lecturer In Japanese, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
DIVISION: School of Language ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Modern Languages POSITION TITLE: Language Lecturer in Japanese LOCATION: Suzhou Campus SALARY: The salary range for the positions is 17,615 – 31,9...
Assistant Professor In The Area Of Japanese And Korean Languages And Literatures., Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy, 12 days ago
Ca’ Foscari is a research intensive institution committed to competing for international scientific excellence through the recruitment of the best academic talents worldwide. Talented young resear...
Partnership Officer, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
Academic Partnership Unit (APU) £27,518 to £36,917 per annum As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous hol...
Assistant Professor In The Area Of East Asian Archaeology, Art History And Philosophy, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy, 12 days ago
Ca’ Foscari invites applications for a tenured-track position for an Assistant Professor in the area of East Asian Archaeology, Art History and Philosophy. Ca’ Foscari is a research intensive inst...
French Lecturer, Centre For English And Additional Languages, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of ...
World Languages, Department Of Arts And Humanities Secondary Instructor (Si), University of Maryland University College, United States, about 22 hours ago
Secondary Instructor (SI) World Languages and Cultures Department of Arts and Humanities UMGC Stateside Location: Online University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is seeking Secondary Instructor...