Category: Advising and Enrollment
Location: Yokota Air Base-Japan
Requisition ID: 10008976
Program and National Test Center Coordinator
Location: Yokota Air Base, Japan
Overseas Contingent III, 100%, Full-Time, Grade 003
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Program and National Test Center Coordinator. The PNTCC serves as the on-site University of Maryland University College Asia representative responsible for providing academic, administrative and testing support services, community outreach, customer relations management, and evening course coverage. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director (AD). The PNTCC must work effectively with the Regional Director (RD), local Program Coordinators and staff, education center personnel, faculty, administrative staff in Yokota, and the military community at large. There will at times be site specific duties that differ from location to location. This position will work an alternate work schedule to support evening class coverage during onsite sessions. Travel may be required as needed.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide academic and administrative support services to prospects and students, and ensure Quality Assurance Standards are met by being available, knowledgeable, courteous and responsive
- Document all student contact through UMUC’s Customer Relations Management System and schedule appropriate follow-up activities
- Provide and maintain open and positive communications with host military Education Services Officer (or equivalent) and respective Education Center staff
- Organize and participate in local Education Fairs, Open Houses, Semester Start-ups, Student Appreciation Days, Local Graduations and other events as needed, professionally representing UMUC
- Track and analyze class enrollments and student interest, as well as local degree progression, to provide input on scheduling; ensure classrooms are provided with adequate space and needed technology for class instruction; be present at the first class session to provide assistance to instructors and students; and assist faculty in obtaining base access to attend class on their assigned installation
- Distribute marketing, advertising, and mass media materials at assigned locations when permissible
- Create and maintain a site(s) specific outreach plan to attain university goals towards recruitment and retention
- Provide National Test Center testing services on a basis that meets community demand while balancing other, outlined duties
- Participate in UMUC staff meetings, professional development activities and training sessions as required
- Track and compile monthly statistics and provide reports as needed
- Maintain appropriate communication with immediate supervisor and other UMUC staff to ensure timely resolution of student issues/escalations
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Background in customer service
- Able to work in a fast-paced and complex environment with accurate attention to detail
- Possess basic office management and clerical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Successful applicants must be able to pass background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants with a U.S. valid driver’s license
WHO MAY APPLY: Applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) preferred. Applicant must qualify for ILS. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
Photonics Pdk Engineer, IMEC, Belgium, 8 days ago
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software ...
Assistant Military Advocate Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 12 days ago
55288BR Campus: West Specialist Job Description Reports to the Assistant Director of the Pat Tillman Veterans Center. Serves as a contact, advocate an ombudsperson for continuing students seeking ...
Qa Automation Analyst, University of Southern California, United States, 1 day ago
The University of Southern California’s (USC’s) Information Technology Services is seeking a talented Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Analyst with an exceptional commitment to service excellence...
Lab Technologist I (Cls) Laboratory Full Time 8 Hour Variable Shifts, University of Southern California, United States, 1 day ago
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs a variety of standardized and highly specialized Biochemical, Hematological, Microbiological and Blood Banking, etc. analysis in the Clinical Laboratory....
Design For Rfi Platforms – Embedded Systems Design: Design Of Runtime Micro Ref. 197/2019 Ar, Politecnico di Torino, Italy, 14 days ago
Police Officer Recruit, Arizona State University, United States, about 4 hours ago
55675BR Campus: Tempe Police Officer Recruit Job Description Entry level classification for purpose of acquiring training to achieve Arizona Police Officer Standards and Training (AZ POST) certifi...