Category: Advising and Enrollment
Location: Yokota Air Base-Japan
Requisition ID: 10008976
Program and National Test Center Coordinator
Location: Yokota Air Base, Japan
Overseas Contingent III, 100%, Full-Time, Grade 003
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Program and National Test Center Coordinator. The PNTCC serves as the on-site University of Maryland University College Asia representative responsible for providing academic, administrative and testing support services, community outreach, customer relations management, and evening course coverage. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director (AD). The PNTCC must work effectively with the Regional Director (RD), local Program Coordinators and staff, education center personnel, faculty, administrative staff in Yokota, and the military community at large. There will at times be site specific duties that differ from location to location. This position will work an alternate work schedule to support evening class coverage during onsite sessions. Travel may be required as needed.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide academic and administrative support services to prospects and students, and ensure Quality Assurance Standards are met by being available, knowledgeable, courteous and responsive
- Document all student contact through UMUC’s Customer Relations Management System and schedule appropriate follow-up activities
- Provide and maintain open and positive communications with host military Education Services Officer (or equivalent) and respective Education Center staff
- Organize and participate in local Education Fairs, Open Houses, Semester Start-ups, Student Appreciation Days, Local Graduations and other events as needed, professionally representing UMUC
- Track and analyze class enrollments and student interest, as well as local degree progression, to provide input on scheduling; ensure classrooms are provided with adequate space and needed technology for class instruction; be present at the first class session to provide assistance to instructors and students; and assist faculty in obtaining base access to attend class on their assigned installation
- Distribute marketing, advertising, and mass media materials at assigned locations when permissible
- Create and maintain a site(s) specific outreach plan to attain university goals towards recruitment and retention
- Provide National Test Center testing services on a basis that meets community demand while balancing other, outlined duties
- Participate in UMUC staff meetings, professional development activities and training sessions as required
- Track and compile monthly statistics and provide reports as needed
- Maintain appropriate communication with immediate supervisor and other UMUC staff to ensure timely resolution of student issues/escalations
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Background in customer service
- Able to work in a fast-paced and complex environment with accurate attention to detail
- Possess basic office management and clerical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Successful applicants must be able to pass background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants with a U.S. valid driver’s license
WHO MAY APPLY: Applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) preferred. Applicant must qualify for ILS. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
Automotive Technician Transportation Facilities Management (Job Id #122719), University of Illinois, United States, about 20 hours ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required: Possession of a valid driver license as required by the State of Illinois for the type of motor vehicle(s) to be operated by the incumbent. (Which is: a...
Test Automation Specialist, La Trobe University, Australia, 19 days ago
The role The Quality Assurance (QA) team is responsible for the development of the testing strategies for the whole of IS, projects and individual systems, as required. Further to this the QA team...
Assistant Campus Director, Futenma Campus, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Assistant Campus Director, Futenma Campus - (200050) Description Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Worldwide is announces an exciting opportunity at the Futenma Campus location. The Assistant...
Project Manager Horizon 2020 Research And Innovation Transport, INEA, Belgium, about 11 hours ago
The Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA) INEA is an Executive Agency established by the European Commission to implement parts of EU funding programmes for transport, energy and telecom...
Vboc Operations Support Specialist, George Mason University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Department Mason Enterprise Center Alternate Department Description Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check Motor Vehicle Background Check No ...
Molecular Biology/Immunology Of Hiv 1 And Other Pathogens, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 9 hours ago
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (HJF), Silver Spring, Maryland Position Description: HJF is seeking a Research Fellow for two years to support the Military...