Category: Advising and Enrollment
Location: Yokota Headquarters-Japan
Requisition ID: 10008466
National Test Center and Program Manager
Department: UMUC Asia
Location: Yokota Air Base, Japan
Overseas Regular, 100%, Full-time, Grade 005
Description: The National Test Center (NTC) and Program Manager is responsible for providing administrative support for the NTC programs in the respective division. The NTC and Program Manager also assists with varying degrees of enrollment management, administrative support, daily office tasks, and special projects as assigned.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist with administering the NTC programs throughout the division
- Oversee the National Test Center program support functions in the division and coordinate with the government, testing agencies, Tech Support team, Regional Directors (RDs), and Assistant Directors (ADs) in establishing and maintaining NTCs (i.e. staying abreast of current test center policies, updates, and relaying those updates to the NTC coordinators’ field managers)
- Create and maintain a comprehensive training program, to include virtual components, for all UMUC NTC coordinators, specifically covering test specific training in order to stay in compliance with external test agencies
- Research and liaise with field managers and contract compliance team when approached with new tests requests to fit the local community needs
- Manage and update Engage and electronic libraries associated with NTCs; make these electronic resources accessible to the appropriate HQ and field personnel
- Liaise with NTC managers in the other UMUC divisions to launch coordinated NTC initiatives and projects
- Ensure all NTC coordinators complete the appropriate training and certifications; track certificate training for end of year contract reporting purposes and report out to managers and Contract Compliance & Institutional Research team
- Perform Quality Assurance checks at all NTCs on an annual basis through onsite visits
- Create and update requested testing reports in order to monitor testing activity at NTC sites, furnish scheduled reports to field managers, track reporting adherence of NTC coordinators to managers, review division wide testing trends, report monthly trends
- Collaborate with Marketing on NTC flyers and ensure materials are up-to-date, capturing the latest services across regions
- Serve as the Tech Support/IT liaison with test specific technical issues
- Coordinate special projects to include, but not limited to: enrollment management, special events, orientations for new personnel, and other events that may benefit the divisional Operations office; serve as the office manager
- Provide supplemental Customer Relations Management (CRM) support services for the field and management
- Understand and be able to manipulate various UMUC systems (i.e. People Soft, Salesforce, etc.)
- Manage, update, and maintain the division's operational calendar, which includes all major events that impact the collective leadership team of the division and field operations
- Assists with the maintenance of the Operational “Playbook” for the division
- Understand data and trends for field outreach
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Travel is required, including overnight travel to sites throughout the Asia region.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or foreign degree equivalent
- Two (2) years of administrative work experience
- In depth understanding of computer applications
- The ability to be efficient, focused, well-organized, and adapt to changing short-term priorities while consistently supporting and contributing to the achievement of long-term goals
- Excellent administrative, professional, and interpersonal skills
- Discretion, confidentiality, and the ability to represent UMUC effectively in a high-visibility office
- A demonstrated ability to apply specialized and general knowledge in everyday work situations while utilizing independent judgment to perform his/her assigned duties
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or foreign degree equivalent
- Four (4) years of administrative work experience
- Experience with UMUC NTC programs
- Familiarity with UMUC policies and programs
WHO MAY APPLY: Applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) preferred. Applicant must qualify for ILS. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
Lab Helper B, McGill University, Canada, 23 days ago
Hiring Unit: Department of Biomedical Engineering Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Research Director, the Lab Helper will participate in the testing of an app developed in Professor ...
Design And Integration Of Embedded Processing Systems Based On U C / Dsp / Fpga For Control,..., Politecnico di Torino, Italy, 9 days ago
The Research Program is divided into the following topics: study, design, construction and experimental characterization of embedded control systems based on uC/DSP/FPGA for the control, navigatio...
Project Quality Control Manager, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 3 days ago
Reports to: Director, Projects Management Purpose: The project quality control manager is responsible for the delivery of AUC real estate projects to the satisfaction of the customer and in comp...
Assistant Research Officer, Department Of Orthopaedics And Traumatology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (21000) Categories: Academic-related Staff Assistant Research Officer (holding the functional title of Project Manager)...
Researcher In Solid Mechanics (Test Beamline), Lunds universitet, Sweden, 22 days ago
Subject description Lund University is seeking qualified candidates for a researcher position in a joint project with the European Spallation Source (ESS). The successful candidate will contribute...
Database Programmer And Manager, KU Leuven, Belgium, 17 days ago
As a developer, you will be involved in all steps of the further development of the system based on defined specifications and guidelines. Under the supervision of the Genebank Curator, you opera...