Building Monitor II
Location: Sasebo Naval Base, Japan
Overseas Contingent I
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Asia seeks a Building Monitor II.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure that quality services are provided to all current and prospective students and to be responsive to students and student issues
- Responsible for setting-up live streaming equipment prior to live-streaming classes, serving as first-level technical support to immediately respond to and troubleshoot live streaming issues, and securing live streaming equipment at the end of live streaming class meetings
- Opening and closing the UMUC Asia computer lab, building entrances, and classrooms, and proctoring exams
- Ensure that building rules are abided by UMUC Asia students and that all UMUC Asia labs/rooms are clean and presentable
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a high school diploma
- Available for a flexible work schedule including early mornings, days, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Basic office management, computer and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Successful applicants must be able to pass background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree is preferred
- Customer service experience
- Advanced computer skills, to include Microsoft Excel and Word
WHO MAY APPLY: Local applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) only. Applicants must already have and be able to maintain ILS, meaning that they must possess a U.S. military ID card and SOFA card from an external source, as this position does not offer ILS. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
Chair By Special Appointment (Bijzondere Leerstoel) In The Anthropology Of Digital Diversity, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
11 more days to apply The department of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology (CA-DS) of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for a Chair by special appointment (bij...
Molecular Elucidation Of The Evolutionary Success Of Salmonella Kentucky St198, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 1 day ago
Salmonella enterica serovar Kentucky (S. Kentucky) is a common cause of gastro-enteritis. Although resistance to critically-important antibiotics for human medicine is rare among Salmonella specie...
Nus Presidential Young Professorship Department Of Building , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
NUS PRESIDENTIAL YOUNG PROFESSORSHIP The Department of Building (DOB) in the School of Design and Environment (SDE), National University of Singapore (NUS), invites talented young academics with e...
Assistant Professor/Lecturer, Department Of Architecture, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Work type: Hourly-paid Department: Department of Architecture (01100) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointments as Part-time Assistant Professor/Lecturer in the ...
Proton Therapy Meets Microscopy To Fight Cancer, Academic Medical Center (AMC), Netherlands, 26 days ago
What you are going to do INTO-PROT Consortium and project Proton therapy (PT) is an advanced form of cancer treatment relying on accelerated, high-energy protons to precisely target the tumor volu...
Full Professors – Sails, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
The University of Leiden is looking for six Full Professors in Artificial Intelligence and Social and Behavioural Sciences, Law, Governance and Global Affairs, Humanities and Science. Full Profess...