Building Monitor II
Location: Sasebo Naval Base, Japan
Overseas Contingent I
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Asia seeks a Building Monitor II.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure that quality services are provided to all current and prospective students and to be responsive to students and student issues
- Responsible for setting-up live streaming equipment prior to live-streaming classes, serving as first-level technical support to immediately respond to and troubleshoot live streaming issues, and securing live streaming equipment at the end of live streaming class meetings
- Opening and closing the UMUC Asia computer lab, building entrances, and classrooms, and proctoring exams
- Ensure that building rules are abided by UMUC Asia students and that all UMUC Asia labs/rooms are clean and presentable
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a high school diploma
- Available for a flexible work schedule including early mornings, days, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Basic office management, computer and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Successful applicants must be able to pass background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree is preferred
- Customer service experience
- Advanced computer skills, to include Microsoft Excel and Word
WHO MAY APPLY: Local applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) only. Applicants must already have and be able to maintain ILS, meaning that they must possess a U.S. military ID card and SOFA card from an external source, as this position does not offer ILS. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
Coordinator, Residential Life, University of Houston - Clear Lake, United States, about 2 hours ago
Coordinator, Residential Life Description The Residential Life Coordinator (RLC) is a live-in professional staff member of the Student Housing and Residential Life (SHRL) team. Responsible for pro...
Live Event Technician A/V, Purdue University, United States, 3 days ago
Engineering Technologist (Petroleum), University of Alberta, Canada, about 10 hours ago
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Reporting to the Manager, Department Administration, the incumbent is responsible for both ...
Branch Supervisor (Sr. Library Specialist), University of Texas at Austin, United States, 2 days ago
Job Posting Title: Branch Supervisor (Sr. Library Specialist) ---- Hiring Department: UT Libraries ---- Position Open To: All Applicants ---- Weekly Scheduled Hours: 40 ---- FLSA Status: Non-Exemp...
Assistant Professor International Relations Of East Asia (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Organisation The Department of International Relations and International Organization (IRIO) at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Groningen offers one full-time position for Assistant Profe...
Associate Professor / Lecturer Industrial Design , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/LECTURER INDUSTRIAL DESIGN DEPARTMENT: Industrial Design ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Industrial Design POSITION TITLE: Associate Professor / Lecturer Industrial Design LOCATION: SUZHO...