The post-doc position related to the subproject ‘The evolution of graphic codes’, part of the ERC INSCRIBE Project, aims to analyse the first pristine forms of writing from Mesoamerica, Egypt, China, Mesopotamia, Indus Valley and Easter Island by:
1. Creating a statistical database which compares sign commonalities and divergences in the shapes selected in the repertoires;
2. Diachronic mapping of categories or classes of sign shapes;
3. Analysis of the pre-existing iconographic substratum in regional assessment, to assess trends in local formation;
4. Cognitive approaches to the invention of writing through: a. visual perception; b. motor-neural involvement; c. Analysis of elementary shapes and critical assessment of visual cognition in the selection of shapes, be they iconic or linear/abstract;
5. Analysis of Neolithic shapes, patterns, iterations and ‘narrative’ layouts.
Professor In Computer Science, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. This award winning campus offering a UK s...
Assistant Professor In Product Design And Manufacture, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign University to open its doors in China. This award winning campus offering a UK s...
Assistant Professor In Product Design & Manufacture , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥411,197 to ¥541,469 £45,655.20 to £60,119.30 converted salary* pe...
Assistant Director, Admissions / 招生部中方招生助理, New York University, United States, 25 days ago
The Assistant Director, Admissions is an integral member of the Chinese admissions team and will travel extensively to assigned regions within China to conduct outreach and recruit Chinese applica...
Intern, Institute Of Contemporary Arts (Ica), New York University, United States, 18 days ago
The Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) at NYU Shanghai is a non-profit kunsthalle and research center committed to the development, presentation, and exchange of diverse ideas through contempora...
Assistant Professor In China Europe Relations, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 10 days ago
What do we require of you? You are a dynamic and ambitious researcher with a strong profile, demonstrable by international publications and an international academic network. Your publications sho...