Short description of the position:
Eurac Research, an interdisciplinary research center in the heart of the Alps is looking for a researcher (experienced junior or senior) in comprehensive climate risk assessment. The expert will mainly contribute to an EU-wide climate risk assessment as requested by the EU-Adaptation Strategy and lead by the European Environment Agency (EEA). The project aims to comprehensively assess and evaluate current and future climate change impacts and risks on environment and on society in Europe based on state-of-the art knowledge and together with international experts and stakeholders.
Within the Eurac Research group “Climate and Disaster Risk” at the institute for Earth Observation we have developed a methodological framework for climate risk assessment that has been successfully applied in national and sub-national risk assessments around the globe and will be further developed for the European Risk Assessment. The work will be conducted in a team consisting of risk experts, natural as well as social scientists.
- Co-design and coordination of a climate risk analysis and assessment for various ecological and societal systems and sectors in Europe
- In-depth risk analysis for selected systems and sectors (depending on the scientific background of the candidate)
- Support of other ongoing and upcoming climate risk assessment projects within the Eurac research group “Climate and Disaster Risk”
- Further develop scientific concepts for climate risk assessment
- Scientific publications on climate risk assessment and presentation at conferences.
- An employee contract that will first be issued for 1.5 years with the possibility to be extended to three years.
- An interesting job in a vivid, international and interdisciplinary team with competences in climate change science, natural hazards, earth observation, GIS, programming, social science, etc…
- State-of-the-art technical facilities (soft- and hardware, communication tools);
- Access to EURAC’s numerous scientific and cultural facilities and events
- Attractive working place in a vivid city in the heart of the Alps with endless opportunities for outdoor activities, including skiing, hiking, climbing and mountain biking
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their online application by 02.09.22, through this link: https://eurac.onboard.org/jobs/d4lBqxeM?from_career_page=true
The first hearing for selected candidates will be held in the week from 05 - 09.09.2022
For further administrative information please contact Paola Winkler: Tel: +39 0471 055 383
Company: Eurac Research
Contact person: Paola Winkler
Phone number: +39 0471 055 383
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Doctoral Fellow In Uncertainty In Scientific Assesments (Pa2022/2910) , University of Lund, Sweden, about 1 hour ago
Subject description Characterisation of uncertainty includes identifying sources of uncertainty and evaluating their importance on the conclusions of an assessment. Subjective probability is a qua...
Postdoctoral Position In The Nordic Brain Network Group: Brain Imaging Data In The Context Of Clinical Cohorts And Trials, For Personalized Dementia Prediction Modelling, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
The Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society (NVS) conducts world leading research in aging, dementia, epidemiology and care sciences. This research extends from basic molecular and c...
Post Doctoral Researcher On Vaccine Regulation And Risk Communication, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Post doctoral researcher on vaccine regulation and risk communication Post doctoral researcher on vaccine regulation and risk communication Published Deadline Location 30 Sep 22 Oct Amsterdam Job ...
Postdoctoral Fellow Community Based Adaptation Planning, Massey University, New Zealand, 8 days ago
School of People, Environment and Planning College of Humanities and Social Sciences Palmerston North CHSS_SPEP_706_06/22 School of People, Environment and Planning College of Humanities and Socia...
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Engineering, Civil And Urban, Geotechnical, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Description The Civil & Urban Engineering Program at New York University Abu Dhabi is seeking applications for a Post-doctoral position in the area of Geotechnical Engineering. Candidates with exp...
Post Doctoral Researcher On Vaccine Regulation And Risk Communication , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
We are looking for a talented, entrepreneurial and well-organized post doctoral researcher, who has preferably holds a PhD in law, or in political/social science, communications, medicine or publi...