The Centre for Computational Biology at HT is looking for a Research Technician / Senior Research Technician to generate novel single-cell datasets from human tissues and human-derived organoid cultures for the centre’s research groups. We are seeking a highly motivated applicant with expertise in single-cell genomics and transcriptomics. The successful candidate will be responsible for processing the samples to generate high quality single-cell data using 10X Chromium and Scienion CellenONE technologies available at HT. The candidate will interact with other members of the centre, including computational scientists and bioinformaticians for the analysis of the data. The post must have a solid molecular biology background, experience with next-generation sequencing and single-cell profiling, and be highly organized and meticulous. They will work closely with a diverse team to formulate and validate hypotheses. Sequencing will be supported by the Genomics Core Facility of HT, which is equipped with the latest cutting-edge sequencing platforms.
Applicants should have a first degree in biological sciences or equivalent, and solid expertise in single-cell methodologies, as well as tissue culture and general molecular biology techniques. Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential. The successful candidate will report to the Head of the Centre for Computational Biology, Prof. Andrea Sottoriva.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Conducting experiments in cell biology, with strong emphasis on development, optimization and application of protocols for single-cell genomics and transcriptomics.
- Applying, generating, and optimizing protocols for single-cell profiling.
- Manipulate patient-derived model systems, in particular organoids, for single-cell characterisation.
- Work with the Genomics Core Facility for sample sequencing.
- Generating reliable data for publication in the projects to which they are assigned and record all data and results in specified forms.
- Helping with tissue culture if required.
- Perform meticulous sample tracking, storing and QC.
- Proving technical support and supervision to other laboratory members, including introduction and teaching of new laboratory techniques and support of the use of lab equipment.
- Liaising with the Centre’ Lab Manager and other staff to write risk assessments and ensure that they are regularly updated.
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject, e.g., molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, or in a related field of the life sciences.
- Considerable experience in laboratories involved in the areas of main responsibilities; for Senior Technician, at least 5 years of proven experience as Laboratory Technician.
- Documented hands-on experience in the application of cutting-edge methods in molecular biology, with focus in single-cell profiling.
- Experience in the implementation and optimisation of new single-cell protocols.
- Experience in sample preparation and tracking, specifically human tissues.
- Expertise in patient-derived organoids would be highly desirable.
- Experience with handling large-scale project would be considered advantageous.
- Fluency in English – HT is an international research institute.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating by the ability to lead and gain the assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavour.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Please apply online by sending:
i) a CV
ii) a motivation letter in English
iii) names and contacts of 2 referees
For any inquiry about the call, please feel free to contact Prof Andrea Sottoriva at mailto:email@example.com rel="noopener">firstname.lastname@example.org (this email address should not be used to send applications).
HT offers a highly collaborative, international culture to foster top quality, interdisciplinary research by promoting a vibrant environment consisting of independent research groups with access to outstanding graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and core facilities.
HT is an inclusive employer that fosters diversity and engages systematically to ensure that equal employment opportunities are provided without regard to age, race, creed, religion, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws. HT offers attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to a leading, internationally competitive, research organisation that promotes a collegial and open atmosphere.
The Human Technopole Foundation is based in Milan
Scientist, Research Car T Cell Biology, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 4 hours ago
Position Description: We are seeking a highly-motivated candidate with a strong background in preclinical CAR-T research, immunology and cell biology to join the Adicet Research Team. The ideal ca...
Expert Technology Scientist And Institute Coordinator, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 9 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-797) Laatst aangepast : 19/11/2021 The KU Leuven Institute for Single-Cell Omics (LISCO) has a vacancy for a postdoctoral-level Expert-Technology Scientist and Institute Coordinator...
Cell Metabolism In Skeletal Development And Disorders, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 2 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-814) Laatst aangepast : 26/11/2021 The laboratory of professor Geert Carmeliet investigates the contribution of cell metabolism of different skeletal cell types to bone development,...
Technician T Cell Production, Bio Therapeutics Unit, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Netherlands, 2 days ago
As an analyst you work at the BioTherapeutics Unit (part of the hospital pharmacy) and at the research group of John Haanen (Division Molecular Oncology & Immunology). Due to the expansion of the ...
Technician To Support The Vib Single Cell Core @ Campus Gasthuisberg Leuven, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
About the Single Cell Core VIB is widely recognized as an established and world-leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology with an excellent reputation in technology transfer. The...
Bioinformatician For The Single Cell Omics Platform, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 28 minutes ago
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are seeking a bioinformatician to strengthen our abilities to draw ro...