The innovation area called Internet of Things and Pervasive Technologies researches, designs and develops advanced enabling technologies for the Internet of Things (IoT) paradigm and its convergence with Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) i.e., complex smart systems (e.g., drones, ground robots, industrial AGVs) interconnected with the physical work, characterized by real-time response requirements. The main objective is promoting and enabling digital transformation as well as the processes optimization in various application domains, ranging from industrial automation to smart city, finally generating a positive impact on society, local territory and the environment. To this aim, the area is involved in many applied international research and innovation projects, collaborating with the most relevant national and international industry players as well as in regional and industrial projects.
In this context, we are looking for a dynamic and brilliant candidate with a strong background on software development and basic competences at different levels of the ISO stack e.g., from IoT embedded systems up to data management level, considering aspects such as security, privacy, trust, access control & policy, provenance & audit, ideally in a distributed environment. Background on networking solutions based on IoT communication standards (e.g. Bluetooth Low Energy, IEEE 802.15.4, UWB, WiFi) and firmware solutions for constrained low power embedded systems would be also required. The candidate will be involved in international and Italian research and innovation projects, also involving main industry players, focusing on the development of full IoT solutions, addressing aspects ranging from to the development and test of efficient firmware modules (also associated to high precision indoor localization solution) to be run in embedded systems to higher level distributed secure software modules. Different application scenarios will be considered including Industry 4.0, Smart City and robotics (with a focus on drone solutions and autonomous ground robots).
Given the opportunity to work in an international environment, fluent written and spoken English is strongly required.
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of best practices in software development. Knowledge of basic team-oriented development processes and development-support tools (e.g. for versioning, testing, etc.).
- Experience in programming software for distributed environments.
- Basic knowledge of Containerization solutions (e.g., Docker).
- Basic knowledge of networking solutions based on IoT communication standards (e.g. Bluetooth Low Energy, IEEE 802.15.4, UWB, WiFi)
- Basic knowledge in the design and development of firmware/software modules for embedded solutions.
- Ability to work both individually and actively join and interact with international, possibly distributed teams.
- Good ability to manage job assignment working with deadlines
- Creative, proactive attitude joint with interest in working on development of innovative solutions.
- Good English level (written and oral communication skills)
- One or more of the following is considered as a plus:
- PhD title in topics related to Computer Science, Communications Engineering or equivalent;
- Deep knowledge of open source technologies and proficient use of Linux
Contract type: full-time fixed-term research contract.
Duration: 12 months.
Location/Workplace: LINKS Foundation (Turin - Italy)
Senior Project Manager, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Job Description The United Arab Emirates University is seeking an expert to lead the “District 4.0 Project” that will include different laboratories for the integration of 4th Industrial Revolutio...
Project Officer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering is looking for a candidate to join them as a Project Officer. Key Responsibilities: Develop insect-computer hybrid robots: the sensor-backpack mounting...
Full Stack Web/Mobile Developer, Arizona State University, United States, 5 days ago
60606BR Campus: Tempe Systems Analyst Job Description The ASU Technology office is looking for a dynamic full-stack developer to be a part of our growing Mobile & IoT Team. The Mobile Development ...
Professor Position In Computer Science And Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 30 days ago
Professor Position in Computer Science and Engineering Tenure-track Faculty Positions The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE, http://cse.sustc.edu.cn/en/), Southern University of ...
Project Engineer, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2 days ago
Project Engineer - 00CP6 Description The successful candidate shall lead, oversee and plan the development of autonomous vehicle learning platform within NUS Advanced Robotics Centre. This positio...
Assistant/Associate Professor In Advanced Manufacturing And Applied Mechanics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
The Center for Design, Manufacturing and Materials (CDMM) of the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) invites applications for two faculty positions at the rank of Assistant or...