The innovation area called Internet of Things and Pervasive Technologies researches, designs and develops advanced enabling technologies for the Internet of Things (IoT) paradigm and its convergence with Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) i.e., complex smart systems (e.g., drones, ground robots, industrial AGVs) interconnected with the physical work, characterized by real-time response requirements. The main objective is promoting and enabling digital transformation as well as the processes optimization in various application domains, ranging from industrial automation to smart city, finally generating a positive impact on society, local territory and the environment. To this aim, the area is involved in many applied international research and innovation projects, collaborating with the most relevant national and international industry players as well as in regional and industrial projects.
In this context, we are looking for a dynamic and brilliant person with a background on software development and skills in data management, knowledge discovery and machine learning. Basic competences on distributed software design and development are required. The candidate will be involved in international research and innovation projects aiming to exploit Internet-of-Things and collected data in Industry 4.0, energy, robotics and other relevant scenarios and to promote online process optimization, anomalies forecasting and proactive control (e.g., predictive maintenance and adaptive control) also through the adoption of decision support systems. Specific research will be done on decision sciences keeping human in the loop of the decision and control process. Given the opportunity to work in an international environment, fluent written and spoken English is strongly required.
- MSc degree/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering Mathematics or equivalent.
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Experience in the use of the main tools and cloud environment for deep learning tests (Jupyter, Colab..).
- Basic knowledge of few of the main data science frameworks (e.g., NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras).
- Knowledge of best practices in software development. Knowledge of basic team-oriented development processes and development-support tools (e.g. for versioning, testing, etc.).
- Ability to work both individually and actively join and interact with international, possibly distributed teams.
- Good ability to manage job assignment working with deadlines
- Creative, proactive attitude joint with interest in working on development of innovative solutions.
- Good English level (written and oral communication skills).
- One or more of the following is considered as a plus:
- Knowledge of open source technologies and proficient use of Linux
- Experience in programming software for distributed environments.
Contract type: full-time fixed-term research contract
Duration: 12 months.
Location/Workplace: LINKS Foundation (Turin - Italy).
Associate Senior Lecturer In Control Engineering, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
Luleå University of Technology is experiencing strong growth with world leading competence in several areas of research. Our research is conducted in close collaboration with industries such as Bo...
Endowed Professor In Arms Control Law, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
The Amsterdam Law School and T.M.C. Asser Institute are recruiting an established and internationally recognized scholar in the field of arms control law. The Chair will be placed within the res...
Faculty Position In Engineering System Architectures For Quantum Networks (Ewi2020 24), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 24 hours ago
Faculty position in Engineering System Architectures for Quantum Networks Department/faculty: Faculty Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science Level: Doctorate Working hours: 38-40...
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Design And Simulations Of Single Photon Sources, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 21 hours ago
The Quantum and Laser Photonics Group at DTU Fotonik is seeking a candidate for an Assistant Professor position in the field of design and simulations of highly efficient solid-state sources of si...
Project Engineer, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2 days ago
Project Engineer - 00CP6 Description The successful candidate shall lead, oversee and plan the development of autonomous vehicle learning platform within NUS Advanced Robotics Centre. This positio...
Dean Of The School Of Environmental Science And Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 30 days ago
Dean of the School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China The Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) invites appl...