Applications are invited for the following Post in the Technological University Dublin:
Post: Research Officer (Business Development Plan) (Aligned to a Post-Doctoral Researcher for pay purpose only) ESHI (Fixed-term specified purpose for up to 5 years with initial funding for 2 years) (Reference: 27a/2022)
Location: Currently located in TU Dublin, Grangegorman Campus, Dublin 7.
Hours of Work: A 37 hour working week is in operation.
Salary: The successful candidate will be appointed at a point aligned to point (01) of the Post-Doctoral Researcher Salary Scale i.e. €41,940 gross per annum for pay purposes only.
Closing Date: Friday 12th August 2022 at 5.00 p.m. (Irish time). Late applications will not be accepted.
It is anticipated that interviews for this post will take place in week beginning 12th September 2022. The interview assessment will be 40 minutes in length and will include a presentation of 5 minutes duration.
The topic of this presentation will be as follows:
‘Capitalising on the Environmental and Social Sustainability in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Supply Chain”
For further information and to make an online application for the above post please visit CITY CAMPUS website visit http://www.tudublin.ie/vacancies
Technological University Dublin is an equal opportunities employer
Knowledge and Experience
- A PhD or equivalent (Desirable)
- Evidence of a research profile and publication record within the requisite subject area (Essential)
- Proven knowledge of conducting business feasibility studies (Essential)
- Proven experience of qualitative and quantitative research methods (Essential)
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary research team (Desirable)
- Experience of business plan development (Desirable)
- Experience in the food and fresh produce industry (Desirable)
Skills, talents & abilities
- Commitment to high quality research
- Understanding of marketing and financial management (Essential)
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills (Essential)
- Data analysis skills (Desirable)
The work on this Research Programme is carried out by Postdoctoral Research Fellows and Senior Postdoctoral Research Fellows and is quasi-autonomous research activity. The mentoring Principal Investigator (PI) will advise the appointee on the conduct of their research which itself will be part of a research programme that the PI is responsible for.
The post holder will be required to carry out business development research on innovations in reducing food waste along the supply chain. This includes planning, designing a feasibility study and stakeholder engagement.
The intention is that during the employment of the appointee, they will avail of learning opportunities provided by TU Dublin and/or external agencies related to their particular research programme or research practice in general. At the completion of the Senior/Postdoctoral Research Fellowship period, the appointee will be expected to leave the University and continue their academic formation and development in a different research environment. At the completion of the mentored training period, the appointee should be in a position to take up employment as a fully autonomous researcher with another employer.
- Manage and conduct a specific programme of research under the leadership of the Principal Investigator/Senior member of academic staff.
- Disseminate the outcomes of this research including peer-reviewed academic publications of international standing.
- Assist in the further development of the research programme and in seeking and pursuing
appropriate external funding and preparations for commercialisation.
- Take responsibility for and manage and conduct administrative and management tasks associated with the programme of research.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Principal Investigator.
- Play an active role in knowledge and technology transfer activities. Manage research grants in accordance with TU Dublin Financial Regulations and the conditions of the funding body.
- Prepare and present research findings to colleagues for review purposes.
- Submit papers to appropriate journals and attend and present findings at appropriate conferences.
- Prepare progress reports on research for funding bodies as required.
- The postholder will carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the PI or Director of the College/School.
- Comply with all TU Dublin policies and regulations, including those in relation to Research Ethics and Health and Safety.
Associate Professor In Childrens Nursing , Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin ;, Ireland, 21 days ago
Applications are invited to the Associate Professor in Children’s Nursing post in the School of Nursing and Midwiferyat Trinity College, Dublin. The primary purpose of this post is to contribute t...
Lecturer/Assistant Professor In Crop Science , University College Dublin ;, Ireland, 1 day ago
Applications are invited for the post of Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Crop Science in the School of Agriculture & Food Science. The appointee will join the Animal and Crop Science Section and w...
Research Officer In Cge Modelling , Economic and Social Research Institute - ESRI ;, Ireland, 18 days ago
The Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) wishes to make a 5-year, tenure-track appointment to join the climate and energy modelling team. The post also entails an adjunct position at Trin...
Lecturer/Assistant Professor In Management Information Systems (Mis) , University College Dublin ;, Ireland, 14 days ago
Applications are invited for a 5 years fixed term post of a Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Management Information Systems (MIS) within UCD School of Business. University College Dublin invites ap...
Assistant/Associate Professor In Circular Supply Chains, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 13 days ago
Want to perform top-quality research in the field of circular economy? The Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management (TPM) invites applications for a tenure-track position as assistant professo...
Research Cloud Engineer, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Support pioneering research and world-class education by supplying and developing Cloud services for our academic users. That’s your challenge as Research Cloud Engineer at TU Delft. Within the IT...