Postdoctoral Researcher/Research Fellow in Software Engineering
Dundalk Institute of Technology is a dynamic, world class Institute that has developed an international reputation in both basic and applied research through its Research Centres. The Regulated Software Research Centre is within the School of Informatics and Creative Arts.
The Researchers will work as part of a world-class research team within the Regulated Software Research Centre based in Dundalk Institute of Technology which is part of Lero – the Irish Software Engineering Research Centre.
The Postdoctoral Researcher in Software Development will work in a team of postdoctoral researchers and PhD students under the supervision of Prof. Fergal McCaffery (DkIT). To date, the RSRC has achieved international acclaim in a range of areas related to medical device software development including security, interoperability, testing and standards. We are looking for new senior researchers to join the team to continue and develop this world-class research. We are particularly looking for people with a broad range of interests and experience in areas such as Software Engineering, AI, Security, Connected Health, Software Process, Blockchain and Medical Devices. The researcher will have the opportunity to consider new approaches, projects and problems in these areas to maintain and develop the RSRC’s international reputation for research excellence.
The researcher will work in close collaboration with PhD students and other postdoctoral researchers in the centre. They will be expected to support the junior members as they progress towards their PhDs. The successful researcher will be pro-active in their work and should be willing to expand into new areas and to develop new ideas and projects. A passion for research and an ability for creative thinking is paramount to this role. The researcher will be part of Lero and they will collaborate with other Lero researchers in DkIT and nationally.
- PhD in Software Development or related discipline;
- Excellent publication record;
- Proficiency in English with excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines;
- A creative thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to work autonomously.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Software Engineering, AI, Security, Connected Health, Software Process, Blockchain and Medical Devices;
- Experience in writing successful funding applications.
Each post will initially be filled on a fixed term contract basis for a period of 13 months.
Salary: SFI Postdoctoral researcher scale point 2B/1 €45,041 to €59,622p.a. depending on experience.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon November 8th 2019
Please apply through the DkIT Website https://www.dkit.ie/human-resource/vacancies
Postdoctoral Researcher in Software Engineering
Will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Design and implement software engineering research to complement the agenda of the RSRC;
- Develop software frameworks and/or applications that can be deployed within the frameworks developed by the RSRC and their industry partners;
- Play an active role in the direction and development of the RSRC and contribute to the research objectives as laid out by the centre’s director;
- Publish research papers in international journals and attend leading international conferences;
- Strive towards research independence through writing funding proposals, both national and international;
- Actively engage with industry partners;
- Contribute to the development of project plans and reports for the Lero project;
- Participate in and attend weekly centre meetings;
- Ensure the timely delivery of all project deliverables;
- Ensure that all deliverables are of high quality;
- Assist RSRC members in relation to Software Engineering research;
- Supervise Postgraduate students;
- Transfer any technology developed to the Irish software industry;
- Ensure the validity of technical requirements and outcomes of the project;
- Collaborate with researchers from other Lero institutions;
- Engage in international collaborations.
Postdoc In The Distributed Systems Group (Ewi2019 50), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Postdoc in the Distributed Systems Group Department/faculty: Faculty Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science Level: Doctorate Working hours: 38-40 hours weekly Contract: <empty> S...
Postdoctoral Researchers In Designing And Developing Io T Solutions Utilizing Blockchains, Aalto University, Findland, about 22 hours ago
Are you developer interested in cutting-edge research on blockchains, Internet-of-Things (IoT) and their real-world applications? We are looking for postdoctoral researchers to participate in the ...
Postdoc Position In The Field Of Irish Studies , Masaryk University, Czech, 3 days ago
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for a POSTDOC POSITION in the field of Irish Studies Description: The Department of English and American Studies of t...
Postdoc Position In The Field Of Irish Studies, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Department: Department of English and American Studies – Faculty of Arts Deadline: 29 Feb 2020 Start date: September 2020 Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to ...
Postdoc In Segmentation And Ct Reconstruction With Deep Learning , KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 18 hours ago
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We...
Postdoctoral Researcher Position On Distributed And Networked Control Systems, Aalto University, Findland, about 21 hours ago
A postdoctoral researcher position is available at the Distributed and Networked Control Systems (DNCS) Group, directed by Professor Themistoklis Charalambous, in the Department of Electrical Engi...