Postdoctoral Researcher/Research Fellow in Software Engineering
Dundalk Institute of Technology is a dynamic, world class Institute that has developed an international reputation in both basic and applied research through its Research Centres. The Regulated Software Research Centre is within the School of Informatics and Creative Arts.
The Researchers will work as part of a world-class research team within the Regulated Software Research Centre based in Dundalk Institute of Technology which is part of Lero – the Irish Software Engineering Research Centre.
The Postdoctoral Researcher in Software Development will work in a team of postdoctoral researchers and PhD students under the supervision of Prof. Fergal McCaffery (DkIT). To date, the RSRC has achieved international acclaim in a range of areas related to medical device software development including security, interoperability, testing and standards. We are looking for new senior researchers to join the team to continue and develop this world-class research. We are particularly looking for people with a broad range of interests and experience in areas such as Software Engineering, AI, Security, Connected Health, Software Process, Blockchain and Medical Devices. The researcher will have the opportunity to consider new approaches, projects and problems in these areas to maintain and develop the RSRC’s international reputation for research excellence.
The researcher will work in close collaboration with PhD students and other postdoctoral researchers in the centre. They will be expected to support the junior members as they progress towards their PhDs. The successful researcher will be pro-active in their work and should be willing to expand into new areas and to develop new ideas and projects. A passion for research and an ability for creative thinking is paramount to this role. The researcher will be part of Lero and they will collaborate with other Lero researchers in DkIT and nationally.
- PhD in Software Development or related discipline;
- Excellent publication record;
- Proficiency in English with excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines;
- A creative thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to work autonomously.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Software Engineering, AI, Security, Connected Health, Software Process, Blockchain and Medical Devices;
- Experience in writing successful funding applications.
Each post will initially be filled on a fixed term contract basis for a period of 13 months.
Salary: SFI Postdoctoral researcher scale point 2B/1 €45,041 to €59,622p.a. depending on experience.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon November 8th 2019
Please apply through the DkIT Website https://www.dkit.ie/human-resource/vacancies
Postdoctoral Researcher in Software Engineering
Will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Design and implement software engineering research to complement the agenda of the RSRC;
- Develop software frameworks and/or applications that can be deployed within the frameworks developed by the RSRC and their industry partners;
- Play an active role in the direction and development of the RSRC and contribute to the research objectives as laid out by the centre’s director;
- Publish research papers in international journals and attend leading international conferences;
- Strive towards research independence through writing funding proposals, both national and international;
- Actively engage with industry partners;
- Contribute to the development of project plans and reports for the Lero project;
- Participate in and attend weekly centre meetings;
- Ensure the timely delivery of all project deliverables;
- Ensure that all deliverables are of high quality;
- Assist RSRC members in relation to Software Engineering research;
- Supervise Postgraduate students;
- Transfer any technology developed to the Irish software industry;
- Ensure the validity of technical requirements and outcomes of the project;
- Collaborate with researchers from other Lero institutions;
- Engage in international collaborations.
Research Associate, Blockchain And Optimization, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
A Research Associate position is available in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering. Job Responsibilities Conduct the research on development of P2P energy trading which performs opti...
Research Assistant, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
The research assistant is expected to engage in blockchain smart contracts development and network protocol design. The work content may not only focus on blockchain applications, but also involve...
Research Fellow, Computer Science/Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Information System, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow. Key Responsibilities: The Research Fellow (RF) is expected to engage in blockchain smart...
Post Doctoral Fellow (Pdf) , University of Alberta, Canada, about 11 hours ago
The Intelligent Systems Laboratory under the direction of Dr. Scott Dick, along with the Intelligent Energy Systems Laboratory under the direction of Dr. Hao Liang, are seeking candidates for an a...
Post Doctoral Research Fellow Level 1 (Pd1) On The Topic Of Farm Level Energy Sustainability Fleet Project (Temporary) , The Agriculture and Food Development Authority - Teagasc ;, Ireland, 11 days ago
Post Duration Temporary Externally Funded Non Grant-in-Aid contract post, the indicative duration of which is 27 months, subject to contract. A panel may be formed from which future similar vacan...
Post Doctoral Researcher Level 1, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Applications are invited for a temporary post of a UCD Post-doctoral Researcher Level 1 within UCD School of Computer Science The VistaMilk SFI Research Centre represents a unique collaboration be...